Golden Glade And then there was another
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Private 
Heyo! This one is for you @Emory

Shalon knew there was still one left to meet with, there was one pack member she had yet to be introduced to and that happened to the be Alder's sister. While Shalon knew that Alder had run off, after presumably killing his son Shalon could tell that she was still around. Her scent was still strong, and so Shalon sought her out. It was time they meet, she was most curious though, was this Emory loyal to her brother or the pack? Would she leave now to search for her brother the King. Things were going to get rough in the next few weeks to come and Shalon wanted to be prepared, she wanted all the information she could scroung up. 

She followed the woman's scent along the stream, it was a cold afternoon, the temperature far bellow zero as the day started to come to an end. Which was fine with Shalon considering that she loved the dark, the stars and the moon illuminating the sky. She prefered to sleep through the day and be awake for the evening show. Following the waters edge she sniffed out @Emory 's scent.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory had no knowledge of her brother's leave, nor the passing of her nephew. Nor was she aware of the Duchess, or really anyone else in the pack outside of the puppies and the King and Queen, and in truth she'd only taken interest in her family. She'd sought out the past few months for just that, and now that she finally found them all she wanted to do was spend time amongst the Pryor's. Well, that and Onai... 

Emory roamed out the territory, taking in what she could to remember placed and such. Truthfully, she was just wondering aimlessly and considered leaving the court area to find another wolf to perhaps seduce or just entertain herself with. Though before she could an unfamiliar scent hit her nose, and she no longer needed to pass the borders. Instantly, she grew interested in the unknown wolf and followed it until spotting them. "Hello there," she exclaimed, her voice was soft and flowed like a song, as she batted her eyelashes at the new girl.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon turned softly as the woman whom she had been searching for in fact found herself instead. Shalon would lend the other woman a small smile, before dipping her head in greeting. "Hello." Looking over the girl with her silver orbs, Shalon was hopeful of the lady's future within the pack, although he expediated promotion into the inner circle was not Shalon's idea she hoped it had not been a mistake on Alder's part. "Is it safe to assume you are Alder's sister. Emory?" Shalon ventured, wanting to know and understand this woman. Good, bad. Worthy, unworthy. 

Shalon took a small step forward, reaching forward to take inthe woman's scent, and putting it to memory. She knew everyone's scent, as was her duty as Duchess. Her brown and  grey coat, was of small contrast to the snow that surrounded them. Although the snow wasn't so deep considering the dense outcropping of trees above them that prevented to heavy a snow fall.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
She smiled at the mention of her brother, and nodded in response. "Very safe guess, indeed." Emory supported, tilting her head to the side. She didn't expect the news to travel at all, and was somewhat taken aback by the question, but loved it nevertheless. The stranger even knew her name, so there must had been some talk of it. "Who are you?" The vixen questioned, a kind tone going with the question. 

It was strange to think there were others outside of her family in the pack, as she'd only met them. She had no idea there were even more pups lingering around, nor another couple. The wolfess before her smell was strong of Aspen and Alder, she must have been a higher rank, anyone around them so much would have to be, right?
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded her head, glad to have confirmed the identity of the woman she had been searching for. Safe in her assumption that the wolf before her was of a friendly disposition, Shalon sat back on her hind legs. Her tail flourshing before her, to rest on her chilled paws. "It is nice to meet you, Alder mentioned you when we were discussing ranks last." Clearing her throat slightly she laughed slightly to herself, "I am sorry for my rudeness, I am Shalon Sentiel, Duchess of the Court you now call home." She dipped her head again, reaffirming her greeting.  

"I was hoping to welcome you to the pack. I try to make an effort to know everyone, it just makes life a little easier that way."  Shalon's silver orbs, took in Emory's movements with a careful gaze, watching her body language with ease. "What brought you this way anyway? How did you know your brother was here?" Genuine curiousity sprouted these questions, although there was an unearthed motive behind them. Emory was so quick to rise in the ranks, Shalon hadn't had time to meet the girl before she was brought into the inner circle. She wanted to make sure this woman had good intentions and wasn't a glory seeker who knew her brother was a King, or rather a former King.
Shalon's Pawprints 
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory mirrored Shalon's actions, lowering her haunches onto the cold ground. Her head was cocked to the side as the wolfess spoke, explaining who she was. She smiled slightly when she explained how she knew her, it was comforting to know Alder still spoke of her. "Pleasure to meet you." She insisted, giving a sultry smile, as she did for most everyone she spoke too. Her assumption was correct, she was of a high rank, right below her brother and sister-in-law. 

Shalon seemed nice enough, she was thankful no one seemed overly difficult to handle, especially with her quick to judge mindset. Ah, a question, Emory most always despised them, when they were about herself that is. She hated opening herself up, even the slighest. "Him and I entered Teekon together, before I ended up getting lost." She hated to admit it, but felt no other way to explain. "I'd spent the next months toiling over trying to find him. I finally found the Wild's again, but it was awhile before we ever actually saw each other. It was right outside the court where he ended up finding me. All by chance." 
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded her head taking in the story of Emory and Alder, a chance encounter. Shalon didn't believe in coincedences, but she did believe that Emory's entrance was well timed. But not of the woman's own doing, in fact Shalon had a feeling it was more a divine intervention. The stars had their way with the world, they could forsee coming events.

"And have you met your nieces and nephews yet?" Shalon wanted to get to know her feelings on family, she had no intention of telling her of her brother yet, she would tell everyone at the same time what had happened. Sure Emory was Alder's blood sister, but he was also the King and as such Shalon would tell everyone before telling one individual. It would be better for the whole story to come out before rumours began to spread.
Shalon's Pawprints 
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Unlike the wolf before her, Emory lacked a belief in any religion, at least not for the time being. Her whole life had been a mess, and if something of divine spirit existed, why did it force her and Alder onto such a difficult life where they only had each other to care for one another. 

The mention of her family made her tail wag for a single moment. "I have, they're truly amazing." Her time meeting them was brief, but she had already felt a fondess towards them she never thought could happen. A big, doting family was something she'd always dreamed of and now it stood in front of her, great as ever.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"Indeed they are. I have only met them once or twice myself. I never like to intrude on family time. But they are remarkable pups." Shalon smiled, and nodded as she spoke. Of course she would watch the three of them in the days to come. Things were going to be changing dramatically, Shalon was sure. And she needed to know those pups were going to be in safe hands. She didn't have much of a relationship with them, but if she had to she would have taken them in. But this was beyond perfect. Blood relations made the transition that much easier. Silently she cursed Alder and Aspen, but only for a brief moment before the regreted the action. They had their reasons, Shalon just wished that they had left her better informed. 

"I have seen them more than the other pups we have here in the Court, we have some truely remarkable pups this year. Of course you met Tulip and Bramble as well, what do you think of them?" Shalon assumed that by refering the nieces and nephews Emory had met her brothers bastard litter. "I have yet to meet those two, although with their mother Heartha I can only assume they will be very smart." 
Shalon's Pawprints 
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory was filled with pride at the continuous mention of her nieces and nephews, they truly were the best things to her, despite her never actually speaking with them. She truly loved them with all her heart, Alder had created the life she secretly always dreamed of, but was too afraid to go after herself. Her absense allowed him to make it happen, and although it stung, she knew it was true. 

She shook her head at the mention of other pups, she had no idea there was more. "I have yet to meet them, are they Ch - Alders?" It was going to be hard getting use to his new name, especially since she somewhat hated the fact that he did change it. It felt like he had been throwing away his past, including herself. It was always Emory and Charley, but now they were seperate people, and it hurt so much to think of it like that.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
She nodded slowly, "They are." Shalon grimaced slightly, "Your brother gets around." One thing she couldn't understand about the other wise seemingly noble King was his lust for women. Aspen and Heartha each had their pups to prove such a statement, and Shalon knew how much it hurt the Queen to know said fact. Shalon couldn't be sure, but she hoped that this trait hadn't fallen onto Emory as well. "We have three litters in the pack at the moment." Her obvious disapproval would drip from her words. She looked around at there surroundings, admiring them in contrast to their current conversation.

Wrap up?
Shalon's Pawprints 
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory was somewhat angry with how promiscuous her brother was, for that was her job. Not only that, but she was especially protective over him, and any girl that fancied her brother would go through a pile of judgement made by her, just to prove she was worthy of a wolf like Alder. But, with her disappearance he had nothing holding him back, and slept around with anything he possibly could. So it seemed, but she knew her brother well and wasn't surprised that was the case. Emory could easily sense the distain in Shalon's voice, and could relate well. She wasn't necessarily fond of pups herself, the idea of caring for some was terrifying, they would completely destroy her well kept body that she worked so hard to keep. "It was nice meeting you, Shalon. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." Emory nodded, sending a quick smile before suddenly walking off into the snow covered forest of the court.