Ravensblood Forest Just Give Me A Reason, Just A Little Bits Enough
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo did not fail to notice when Chusi stepped closer to him. He did not see the action but heard it in the shift of her weight, in the soft shuffle of forest debris and dirt underfoot, and just felt the whisper of her fur brush against his. Soft, like the flutter of a butterfly's wings against skin. Arturo's breath was near inaudible as he took it, the slight move of muscle in cheek the only indication that his teeth were subtly grinding one another as his jaw clenched as the male whom Chusi had greeted as Zephyr explained to her that he wasn't upset and that he never meant to lose her. Yet, never once had he asked her if she was upset that he had disappeared. Would Zephyr's reappearance stress her out? Upset her?

If there was one thing that Arturo had picked up on when it came to Chusi: she was incredibly resilient for one so young. She was immeasurably strong and brave and Arturo felt that she deserved more than apologizes and explanations. She deserved the stability and love that he and Teaghlaigh offered her (and Lotte too). Arturo listened to what Zephyr had to say to him, answering his demand with tear-filled eyes. Perhaps Arturo should have pitied him. Yet pity was not something Ceannasach could muster. He was unsure of how he should have felt: pity? Protective? Irritation? He was taking his social cues from Chusi whom lingered very close to him, had not greeted Zephyr with her usual enthusiasm nor aggression.

“You spoke of wanting a home,” Arturo broached to Zephyr, “but before we take the conversation any further than this,” Arturo's gaze finally left Zephyr to peer down at Chusi, inclining his muzzle so he could better see her. “Chusi,” The gangster addressed his young ward with quiet authority in the smoky reticence of his deep, accented tones. “this is a Warrior lesson. You know this man. He has come to Teaghlaigh looking for a home,” Arturo's gaze flickered to Zephyr to assess the man close to sobs before them and the Fearghal monarch lifted his muzzle ever so slightly. “Your voice will weigh my decision. So, give me your honest opinion. What do you say?” He spoke with the rumbling encouragement and assurance of a father, wanting her to be honest with not just him, but Zephyr and herself as well. Of course there was a decision on Zephyr's part as well but this was just preliminary. If Chusi saw fit to give him the chance there was much to be discussed.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: Just Give Me A Reason, Just A Little Bits Enough - by Arturo - October 14, 2016, 02:33 PM