Duck Lake If I would, could you?
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Private 
@Simatra 

The pair had reached a large, blue-grey lake. It was just past dawn, and the sparse foliage along the shore shone silver with frost. Israel felt more comfortable than she had been in days, her belly warm and full with the venison on which they had feasted prior to traveling further north. There was no shortage of water so far, but looking at the great expanse of water, the grey female suddenly became very thirsty.

She approached the shore and lowered her snout to the gently- ebbing water, her pink tongue gathering frigid but refreshing mouthfuls. When she had sated her thirst, Israel licked droplets of water off her pale muzzle and glanced over her shoulder, blue eyes searching for the lovely golden wolfess whom she accompanied to the lake. Simatra couldn't be far off.
33 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
The morning mist had since been and gone, it's final tendrils still clinging to the winter landscape as the golden nymph padded onwards. A light brushing of snow saw Simatra crunch close to the shoreline, fur brushing with a light hiss as she nosed through the reed beds. Her belly was full, content and purely at ease after her and Israel's hunt the previous day. With a flick of her tail, she parted ways with the frosted rushes to reunite with her grey counterpart, jaws parting to greet her with a light chuff.

"Chilly," she'd remark, settling on her haunches. The sky above was a myriad of clouds, a curious sight for those who may have liked to weatherwatch. But for the Kali, focus remained entirely on Israel, confident that, now her once thinning pelt had begun to regain its probable plush texture, she might offer Simatra some insight on what her life was like prior to their encounter.
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
The reeds, stiff from cold and dusted with the snow that had begun to fall, rustled with movement. In the next instant, the emerald- eyed female appeared. A light-hearted, purring growl rumbled from Israel's throat in a returned greeting to her companion. It was good to have company at last, to face the world along with someone else. She was not sure how long their partnership would last -- perhaps not long at all -- but Israel held on to the hope that they would spend enough days together to become friends. 

Simatra sat next to her, and the grey pixie reclined with a soft sigh, gazing out across the water. I think it is even colder today, she returned absently, her speech coming in plumes of white smoke. I hope my sisters are fairing well. They weren't happy to see me go. It was true. Her littermates - Aisha and Gemma - had asked her to stay, but Israel had not been able to fight her own wanderlust.  Her personal call to adventure. 

She looked at the other woman. Have you any siblings,  Simatra?
33 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
Her company seemed to reflect, settling herself next to her own pale form with a noise of content breath as Simatra's own eyes wandered from the silver beauty and out onto the still waters of the lake. Water had never captivated the woman's attention as much as flora had done, but now that winter was slowly gripping the land, perhaps a new spark of interest would do her good.

She had not forgotten about the little grey boy and his enthusiastic offer, yet she was too content in the company of her current companion to think much of him. A dear voice inside her took light on her thoughts as Israel began to speak, head tilted to watch with mild interest the reflections of the two bent and wavered atop the surface, calm and oddly dulled in the morning light.

Have you any siblings, Simatra?

The statement was her cue to speak, drawing her attention away from the lake to graze the cobalt blue of the pixie's eyes. In truth, memories of Awenasa were often forgotten, yet kinship was always held fondly. "I have a brother, Ablet," she'd reply, the corners of her mouth twitching to form a gentle smile. "He was an odd fellow, almost childlike even as he aged, though he was always there to comfort me. I too hope he's ok." A few moments passed as her gaze dropped, becoming intensely interested in the plumes of white mist her breath blew into the air. "I miss him."
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Her expression softened as the discussion turned to family. Israel had not realized how much she valued her sisters and parents until now. In reality, it was possible that she would never see any of them again.

Israel blinked and returned from her dark reverie. Her ears flicked smoothly toward Simatra, who had begun to speak of a brother whom was seemingly as dearly loved as Israel's sisters. May I ask... why you left? she wondered quietly. Sometimes, one"s history was not openly shared, if the past was painful enough. But Israel was growing fond of the golden wolfess. She wanted to know.
33 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
Her greyed partner's gaze softened, and Simatra's own expression rose to form a gentle, albeit a little pained, expression. The pair sat in silence, and the golden wolfess assumed Israel was contemplating her words. In the past, it had often been down to her to look out for Ablet; with his simplistic thinking he often would do things without leaving room for consequence, living in the moment so to say. Part of her envied his distance from reality, yet to trade off the ability to tell right from wrong and think for one's self wasn't something the Kali thought well of.

Israel's soft words broke her thoughts, and she replied with mild hesitation. "It was common for one of us to leave on a path to seek knowledge," she spoke. "My kin had nothing to do with my decision really." She brought it back to a family orientated discussion. "How about you?" Empathy was still in the works, but her tone was pondering as she brushed her tail against the agouti's flank.
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Israel smiled at the soft touch of the golden tail against her fur. Simatra's answer did not seem like anything uncommonly heard and in fact, Israel's own history mirrored it. She shifted her weight to one side, leaning this way with one paw tucked beneath her. Her blue eyes watched the softly shifting waves of the lakeshore. 

"I left of my own volition, also. I could return, but it's a long way back. Idaho," she gave a knowing glance to her counterpart. At times she could not believe how far she had traveled on her own. "But I want to see whay happens,  here. Have you considered joining a pack, Simatra?" One ear lifted in mild curiosity.
33 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
Her friend did not meet her gaze, and instead the gold furred wolfess watched as Israel turned her cobalt eyes to the lake. She yearned to learn more about her, and as she felt the greyed beauty's figure shift beside her, she wondered silently if anything was troubling her. Once again, soft words left the lips of the agouti and Simatra remained quiet, drinking in what little information greeted her ears.

Unlike Israel, Simatra knew not of Idaho, only of Awenasa and the surrounding lands. On her travels, she had given names to the few places she had paused to rest at yet those were long since discarded. "Pack life would suit me," she'd reply, blinking softly as her partner's gaze now turned to her own. "A young wolf taught me of a group that's settled not far off. A few days walk down the valley. I was thinking of going there, or at least paying him a visit." It would give her a purpose at least, yet whether Israel was interested left her words in more of a questioning manner.