Hoshor Plains Some places
11 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Random Event 
 @Skoonka :3, wolves more than welcome!

Atna was scraping away the snows gently with her hoof, careful not to hurt the vegetation under it. Her head lowered and started to eat from the withered grasses. They didn't taste that good as fresh spring grasses but the female knew that complaining wouldn't get her anywhere. Her sandy tail flickered behind her, not because of the flies but because she was slightly irritated.

The lead mare disliked it when Nechako was away, she rather had him around. Luckily he did mange to find a temporary guardian for their herd. The mare snorted. She was not that convinced of him yet, her loyalty was with Nechako. She lifted her head while chewing, looking out over the plains if she saw anything that might be of danger for their herd, before moving her head down again.

She intended to lead the herd more towards the foot of the mountain range. She wanted her minerals and salt for her foal. She was a very dedicated mother and one foal needed supplements. She didn't want to move the herd too far away though, not wanting Nechako to lose them. Her ear turned to their newest guardian, to listen what he was up to.
4 Posts
Ooc — Hero
It was surprising that Nechako had left him all alone with the herd. There really was not much to worry about, for no mares were currently able to breed, but a more cautious stallion might fear a usurping. Skoonka shrugged it off, scoffing at the idea of him attempting such a cowardly takeover. No, of he wanted the herd he would go man to man for it.

That, and Atna would likely not entertain such foolhardy notions. "Hey," He drawled, casually sauntering up to the aforementioned mare. She was a pretty thing - not quite as handsome as her mate - but she made a good mother. That was the important thing. "Whaddaya think of this place?" He queried innocently, copying her motions as he nosed about the snowy ground for something to eat. For a moment, he allowed a small silence to lapse his dialogue, before he continued on coyly. "It's too bad Nechako's off again. He ought to be the one staying here to guard the herd, sending me out to scout the area instead!" He shook his head, his dark forelock veiling the blues of his eyes.
11 Posts
Ooc — Mar
The sturdy mare looked up when the stallion joined her. She was quick to lower her head again but did greet him with a quick "Hey," back. The bay stallion had a nice build if she would look at him from that perspective but she was not very keen about how he dealt with things. The red dun mare flickered her tail. "It looks alright. There is a big water source close by and mountains for minerals, and most of all grass. So I'd say it is pretty alright. Don't you think so?," she questioned him. Curious what he would think about these lands.

Atna went to graze for a bit but stopped when Skoonka pointed out that Nechako was gone again, like she hadn't realize that yet. She flattened her ears disliking that he had to point that fact out to her again. She snorted, her rounded sides moving as she did. "I trust his judgement," she commented in return. After all she was loyal to him. Though she did question him heading off. She disliked it and Skoonka knew it, at least she assumed. She wondered why he even joined their herd. She didn't expect Nechako to give him breeding rights. At least she hoped not.
4 Posts
Ooc — Hero
Her words were as clipped as the grass she plucked at, with little room for conversation. Nonetheless, Skoonka was a man on a mission. He wanted to get to know the herd better, if only to prolong his life a little further. Chasing tail was a wonderful pass time - or so he assumed - but what was the point if he did not live long enough to sire many a foal? The young horse was foolish, certainly, but he was not stupid. "I think so!" He agreed, hoping to sooth the mare's initial edge. "Although it would be nice to move a little closer to the mountains eventually, give us some better cover and a break from the wind." Of course, they would be unlikely to delve too far unless Nechako returned.

"I'm just sayin'!" He laughed, delighting in Atna's annoyance. She was likely more perturbed that her love had gone off again, than having to deal with Skoonka as the guardian. Although annoying, he was not dangerous, and certainly could deal with a sigular threat while their honoured leader was away. "Nothin' out of the ordinary on your end?" He gazed into the distant horizon, ears perked and alert. "I spoke with Tseax a while ago, and he had mentioned some odd scents, but they seemed old to me. Best to keep on alert though." They had been fortunate so far, but now and then, the scent of wolves reached his sensitive nose. They ought not to let their guard down in Nechako's absence.
11 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Anta thought his words were at least wise. The mountainside would give them some more shelter and the minerals she needed. The mare did want to wait until Nechako was back with them. "I agree. Hopefully we could more there soon, if Nechako will be back soon," she commented to there other.

She looked at Skoonka with a skeptical gaze but nodded. He was allowed to say things or have a different opinion from Nechako. "Well---," she was about to speak but then the stallion mentioned some other strange sounds. "Yes, I was about to say that. The smell of wolves," she commented to the other. It worried her slightly. But Nechako's made her more secure about this location.

The female did dislike the idea of wolves, however she had not seen any of those around. Frankly she only knew of cougars attacking them, rarely. So she wasn't even sure if wolves would attack them. "But I have you and Nechako to protect me, so," she decided to say.