Dawnlark Plains let's communicate in sonic frequencies
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
All Welcome 
Halfway through the plains, she realized what a mistake had been— with no cover of trees, the blanket of snowfall was almost taller than her shoulder. The effort to move through it was exhausting, but she found hope in the trail left by what must have been a moose or an elk. Magpie realigned herself to connect with it, and after a short rest, would assess the danger in following the direction it went. She'd be unable to take down an ungulate on her own, even in this mass of snow, and she wasn't keen on meeting a buck that could tear her from throat to taint with a deft slice of its antlers.

She was beginning to feel as though she were being followed, which was unsettling, and not a fear that often plagued apex predators. To feel hunted as The Hunter.

Breaking through the wall of snow into the thick path made by a moose— that was clear, now, from the tracks— Magpie slipped to her stomach and sprawled out to catch her breath against the cold snow.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
5 Posts
Ooc —
To the north, there was a mountain. Oni spent a few hours inspecting its base before moving south once more, following a trail plowed through the snow by a moose. Oni wasn't much of a hunter but knew of no other animal with such large feet, and elk weren't able to motor through deep snow as effectively as their larger counterpart. He followed the deep furrow, head level with shoulders, eager to find his way back to the shelter of trees and shallower snow.

There was only one problem.

Oni halted with a start and lifted his head over his shoulders. Sprawled across the snowed in pathway was a wolf, smallish from his perspective with bright white markings etched along her deep, dark coat. Oni's hackles prickled uncertainly as he stood straighter, ears pressed forward, and considered his options for getting around her and moving on: was it best to go around and risk getting mired, or trample over her and risk her teeth in his ankle?
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
Sorry for the abrupt end; I'm wrapping up this character.

She scrambled to her feet as the other approached, and as a side effect of her embarrassment at being found so prone, the Corvidae offered the male nothing but a warning growl. Still, knowing there was no way for her to take the moose down on her own, Magpie moved and shouldered roughly passed him. A second growl as she did would warn him not to pursue, and if he turned to watch his only view would be of her flagged tail (well, not only view, but the only view that's appropriate to talk about) as she disappeared into the distance.
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!