Silver Creek Even When I Lose I'm Winning
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
So, Mawk had done it. He'd joined a pack. Now, the more difficult task... doing work. At least, if he marked the borders and patrolled a bit he wouldn't have to talk to anyone. He wanted to know the land, to be able to travel across it with ease and not get lost. Especially if he wanted to be a scout. As for a speciality, he hadn't yet decided. A spy might be fun, but carrying messages seemed like something he'd be able to accomplish with ease. For now, however, the wolfdog would have to actually earn the trade.

He also had mentioned the possibility of being a mercenary to the alpha, and if he went through with it, it might be useful when spying or carrying messages.

Mawk was travelling on the edge of the borders, marking here and there, nothing really happening. He enjoyed the silence, but his paws made an annoying sound, crunching the snow beneath them. To make it worse, his curled tail bobbed up and down as he padded along. Sighing, the cream dog sniffed the ground but smelt nothing of great interest, and continued on his way.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Novak had been going through a tornado of emotions ever since his time with...Natashe? Yes, that was her name. At the time she seemed so irresistable, and the after affect made him feel weaker. The idea that just a smell, or woman, or whatever the hell was going on made him go completely to insinct was disappointing. He wanted control over himself, that was his whole reason of leaving his old home, for freedom. Yet he was trapped in a cage of hormones and sexual impulse. All this was unsettling, and the more he thought of it the less he focused on the area around him. It wasn't until the wolfdog was a few feet away did he notice them. 

Instantly, the brute noticed their...strange smell. It wasn't something of a wolf, something odd and strange, soon enough his bright azure eyes spotted his tail. He wasn't sure how to feel about the creature, especially with their lack of pack scent. But after dissecting it a bit more, Spring was somewhat prominent on the creatures fur. He must be a new recruit. "What...are you?" Novak, though mentally the kindest and most gentleman wolf, lacked subtly as he never learned what was rude.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk was still walking, trudging through the snow with a slight grimace on his face. He paused, however, when he noticed a wolf he had yet to meet. "G'mornin'" He grinned, though bowed his head slightly. He believed he was the lowest ranking wolf in the pack so far, and it made sense to submit. Though the wolf did not greet him, and instead questioned what he was.

Mawk stood there, blinking at the suddenness of the question, but eventually answering, "A wolfdog," then adding "Gotta curly tail, see?" He wiggled it then chuckled. "The names Mawk. Who might ya be?"

Mawk was used to having that question asked, but it was clear this wolf had never met a wolfdog before. Though, the way he had asked had startled him and it made Mawk a little offended. 'What are you' was a harsh way of asking, in his opinion anyway, but perhaps this wolf might be a little polite once he had introduced himself.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
A dog? It took him a moment to remember what a dog was, they were usually creatures associated with man. But he spoke of something even more foreign, a wolf-dog. Anything dog-like was considered an abomination to his family, as they were loyal to the most foul animal on earth; humans. Though, the second largest reason Novak left was because he was openminded and wouldn't look at this stranger in such judgemental light. 

Although his peculiar accent made it harder to get comfortable with the wolfdog, and his enthusiasm wasn't something the earnest wolf had yet to expirience in someone. "I'm Novak." His voice was gruff, and held a hint of hesitance. He was fortunate Mawk sumbitted- as he had no idea how to react if one didn't. He wasn't of Spring's power, what say did he have agaisnt anyone? "You must be new." 
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk noticed the hesitation in his voice and realized what he might be thinking. No creatures liked man, apart from, supposedly, dogs. "Don' worry, I ain't got much dog in me. Ya see, my mother was a wolfdog herself. Father was a pure wolf. So, I'm more wolf th'n dog. I don' 'ave a bond with man." Most wolves were wary of wolfdogs, as he had learnt already, and this was most likely due to the misconception that he had a bond with man. The eta was aware of their hesitation, so far Spring was the only one who didn't care what he looked - or smelt - like, which pleased him greatly. 

"Pleased ta meet ya, Novak." He bowed to the wolf infront of him then grinned. "An' that I am," he added, still grinning.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Novak listened to Mawk explain himself, and was, for a moment, superstitious that the wolf-dog could read minds, but later assumed most assumed he held some relation with man. His accent was still off putting, where on earth did it come from? "Where are you from?" He asked, staring down at Mawk, curiosity in his expression. He'd never heard a country accent before, and it made his ears twitch everytime he spoke. 

He wondered how quickly Mawk entered Silver Creek, he knew his rank wasn't established until he finished proving he would stay loyal, but even then his time was shortened in need of new pack member. Maybe he didn't even need an evalutation.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk wrinkled his nose a little. Where did he come from? To be honest, he had no clue. Somewhere in the country. "Ah.... Afraid I dun' really know," he gave a sheepish grin and added, "Somewhere 'n tha north, I think." It was true, he believed so. Though, where exactly, he could not say. He didn't really remember much of his past, and never took notice of where he was - never bothered to ask.

"Whatta 'bout you?" the wolfdog began to turn the questions on Novak instead, as Mawk felt he'd already answered plenty (in his mind anyway). He looked the wolf up and down, rather subtly, as he hadn't really got much of a chance to. He'd have to remember what he looked like incase they met again - the eta wasn't great at remembering appearances, unless he had seen them multiple times. No doubt the wolf had already scanned Mawk.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Novak was surpised the question was turned on him, even though it was rather normal in a conversation. He paused for a moment, it wasn't like he was afraid to share his past, just preferred not to think about it often. "A military focused pack east of here." There wasn't much else to say where he came from, unless the wolfdog truly wanted to know what the pack was like, though simplified; awful. 

North... Hm, he hadn't crossed paths with anyone of a voice like Mawk, maybe he would another day and know exactly it's source, but for now he still laid clueless.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk nodded as the wolf gave a brief explanation of where he had come from, though remained silent. He wasn't the most social of creatures, but he tried to be enthusiastic and more often than not it worked. 

The eta glanced around him, then focused his attention back on Novak. "So........ You workin' ona trade 'r somethin'?" He asked, attempting to keep the conversation going for a while. However, if the other wolf wanted to leave then Mawk would not object.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Novak lifted his ears at the question, before glancing down at his own chest. The best trade for him was obvious, his build and past made it perfect. "The mercenary trade." He said simply, the creamy wolf wasn't the best to make small talk with. 

"What do you wish to gain?" He asked, cocking his head to the side with a questionable look.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Should we finish up?
Mawk shrugged slightly, "Scout, I s'pose." was his simple reply. He glanced around, wondering whether or not to continue marking the borders a bit further along. Turning back to Novak, he said, "Well, Nice meetin' ya Novak. I Best be off now," implying that he had to go. It wasn't that he didn't like Novak, but he just wasn't very social and it could make him uncomfortable - occasionally he would be to angry about nothing in particular and would lash out at others; he didn't want it to go that far, but he was in a good mood so it was unlikely.
A fallen angel
67 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
The wolf, being closed out for so long from other wolves, began leaving without a goodbye. He didn't know it was rude otherwise, and was already trailing off in the distance, soon enough blending into the snow. He wasn't sure what to think of the strange accented and odd looking wolf-dog, but he didn't dislike him so far.