Qeya River Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
12 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
All Welcome 
It was cold here, so very much colder than she was used to. She didn't realize her luck in arriving after the storm that had plagued these lands, making them even colder than they were now. She was excited by the change though, and hadn't, as of yet, grown tired of it. The water was so much colder than she had ever tasted, which was both wonderful and alarming. This river she stood at the edge of now, was covered in ice. She knew what both ice and snow were, though she had never seen either before now. The snow on the ground had provided an extended period of amusement, rolling and playing until she was soaked and forced to hideout in an abandoned den.

She was watching the ice as the river moved it, large pieces and small. She wanted to taste the ice, too, but knew the water would kill her with cold. She had yet to notice the frozen edges of the river, that what looked like ground was actually ice covered over with snow. Luckily she hadn't stumbled onto any of it yet. As she stood, marveling at this wonderland, snow began to fall. It was slow at first, small flakes that she missed in her focus. Soon they became large flakes, thick and lazy, and she was forced to take notice. 

She gaped at the sky, at the down that fell from the heavens, like a child. She had never before seen snow fall, had only ever seen it on the ground. The breath that steamed before her mouth stilled for a moment as she watched, and a few flakes landed on her muzzle much to her delight. A laugh broke from her, light and dancing, and she snapped her muzzle at another fat flake, feeling the cold on her tongue. Spinning from the river, she looked at the flakes falling in the distance and listened to the gentle hush they made. Her eyes were wide and a smile lit her face bright than the sun.

She suddenly dashed forward, snapping at flakes as she went, before spinning in a circle and leaping at more. She was a child on her first snow, though by her parent's measure she had been well past childhood. Her laughter was uncontrolled, spilling from her as it seized her. She rolled to her back, laying and watching the snow come down. It was dizzying, and she soon had to glance away. She looked to her body and saw the coating she now had, and laughed again as she leapt to her feet and continued to dash and run between the flakes.
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden's outings were quickly becoming more routine as she searched her own territory and those around it for possible intruders and recruits alike. As her paws marched fluidly through the white powder dusting the ground, the yips and pouncing movements of another quickly grew louder. A smile wrapped her maw as she spotted the excited woman who was much to the liking of Eden's own sister, Alyssum. Hello? she called out as she drew closer, You are enjoying the winter, yeah? At one point, Eden had been able to house the same infantile joy, though the struggles of leadership and motherhood had long since erased that faction of her personality.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
12 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
So absorbed and delighted was she that she did not notice the other at all, not until they spoke. The voice stilled her leaping and playing, and she turned to face the sound, panting clouds of steam as she peered through the snow. The other drew closer and spoke again, and Quetzalli was able to pick them out among the flakes. She laughed, moving closer to the woman with friendly and open posture.

"Hola! Hello!" She replied, deciding to stick to english as much as she could since the woman had not spoken español. For all she knew, they didn't even speak it here. Luckily her parents had taught her english as well. "Yes! The nieve, the snow. I have never before seen it fall from the skies. Only on the ground, and only once I arrived here. Where I come from, snow is the fur of the mountains, it doesn't come down to touch anywhere else. Do you get it much here?" She paused, grinning warmly at the woman. Her tail gave a wave. "Disculpa amiga," She laughed suddenly, reazling she hadn't exchanged names. "I'm sorry. My name is Quetzalli, and you?"
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden smiled upon learning that this woman, Quetzalli she called herself, was much kinder than the last. A few words of Spanish were exchanged, which Eden understood based on her own lessons as a child, though she was nowhere near fluent enough to encourage a conversation. It's alright, love. I'm Eden. And to answer your question — yes, these parts do get quite snowy year 'round. Thinking about it, Eden hadn't remembered a time in which snow wasn't a regular part of her life. She smiled as she reminesced on the times past, though her attention quickly snapped back to the femme before her. Are you alone? I can offer you a home, if you'd like. She smiled warmly and sat back on her haunches, though she braced herself should things take a turn for the worse.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
12 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
The female seemed peaceful enough, much to the pleasure of Quetzalli. "Eden." She said, smiling and dipping her head slightly. "Glad to meet you." She grinned wider at the knowledge that snow was common and raised her eyes to the sky to watch the flakes again. Her grin did not fade, not even when she finally lowered her eyes again a few moments later. "Wonderful. Mágico." She breathed, shaking her head. "You must always wear a smile then, with it coming from the skies?" She, of course, had no knowledge of the harshness of winter or the threat the the beautiful flakes could carry.

The next question brought a look of rebellion and mischief to her face. "Alone, not lonely." She remarked with a small grin. "I appreciate the offer, amiga, verdaderamente. I am sure your home is lovely, and full of snow, yes?" She laughed a little. "If it is around here, it must be! I am...Viajera right now, you know?" Her brow wrinkled as she attempted to think of the english word. "Travel. Traveler? That's it, yes?" She questioned the female, hoping her meaning was clear. "There is so many things to see. Like snow, falling from the skies. You know?" She laughed again, so very pleased with the title she had given herself, that she had made happen.