Stone Circle Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
Steady awoke with the sun, crawling out of the den. He took his time stretching his muscles and shaking out the dirt from his fur. It was a bright morning, and rays from the sun cut through the bare branches, reaching the ground to warm it. Snow remained, but it was in patches now instead of blanketing everything. 

He raised his muzzle and howled, not for any reason but to simply say good morning to his family. Some might still be sleeping in, but Steady was in a great mood and ready to get on with this day. He spirits were as high as they ever were, and the reasons to bring them down laid in the past. His refusal of Chaska sometimes weighed on him, but he believed he did the right thing, especially since Grayday and Valette had spoken their opinions of it, as well. While he wished that he could retie the friendship, the betrayal was too much, and still too fresh. 

But, today, Steady would not let it enter his mind. He had things to do, but mostly he was intent on spending some time with the wolves who called Easthollow home. With Valette and Grayday helping with securing the borders, he figured he could take a little down time to mingle. So, he set out into the forest with that intent. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Feel free to send me a message if I get anything incorrect!

Adeline had been awake for a few hours, restless and unable to find sleep again. By the time the den illuminated with light, those she shared a space with still slumbered, she's ready to stretch her legs and find her routine. She shakes out her fur once she's untangled herself and gotten outside, looking upward as the sky is turning from purple to blue. The howl that rings through her home is familiar and her heart thumps heavily in her chest. Having left has been a foolish move and she'd missed so much in the short span she'd been gone.

She stretches out her legs, peels a rabbit from a cache to devour, and makes her way to find her uncle. Her tail sweeps lazily against the backs of her legs and she chuffs for his attention, happy to see a little bounce in his step. 

She missed this. 

"Hey," she calls when she's close enough, nudging the dark male in his shoulder once she's close enough. Her nose bumps the underside of his chin if he allows her to get close enough and breaks away with a gentle kiss upon his cheek.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Hey hey! I couldn't resist jumping in here, if you'd rather me not just shoot me a message <3

Phiipa was having another lovely day, enjoying the new territory she called home. She had explored pretty much the whole area by now, and was at last settled in properly. She had a den, an area in Pando Clone that she used as an herb storage, and she'd met some wonderful wolves here so far. Akuti, the mute male, Valette, Krypton and Mara. However just those five wasn't enough for her, considering that she'd heard of so many others. So on this lovely day, the jovial young woman was seeking some of her other pack mates.

When she heard a howl, an unfamiliar voice but clearly from one of their own, Phiipa decided to find its owner. She made her way through the forest until she came upon a large black furred male, and a smaller younger female, who was greeting the male with affection. At first she wasn't sure if she should intrude, so she hung back a little and watched for a moment before letting out a small friendly chuff. Her head bowed, her tail swinging rhythmically, she waited for one of the two to respond.

The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It's gonna be so weird threading with Adeline now lol.[/ooc]

He heard the replying how from Grayday, his tail wagging, though his brother couldn't see it since he wasn't nearby. But, the communication, the solidarity, was there. Steady could feel it, even if he couldn't see him. At one point, just a mere few weeks ago, Steady was almost getting worried that the family was getting too small to be able to defend the territory for much longer. But, the tides had changed in their favor, and they were once again a large, strong family. 

A chuff reached his ears and Steady's gaze found his daughter. His tail wagged more, happy to see her, and he helped closed the distance between them, nudging her neck as she did his shoulder. Hello, Adeline, he replied. He had been so happy to see her return, though he hated she had spent any time alone. You're looking much better, he commented. She looked like she had finally gotten a few good meals under her belt since her return. He had no doubt she was keeping warm with Grayday and the pups, as well.

Before he could comment more, another chuff reached his ears. He immediately looked for the wolf who made the noise, finding a female he hadn't met before. She looked friendly, and he wagged his tail in response to her own. Hello, I'm Steady, Alpha here, he introduced himself. He motioned her over, catching her scent in the wind. She had been here a couple of weeks, he knew from her scent in the territory. He felt a little bad, though, for only just now meeting here.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Steady’s glad to see her and returns her affection easily. She leans into him, taking a long draw of his scent. Her time away she’d missed it so very much and never wanted to be without it for long again. She’d never forget it, no matter how long she was ever away, but she didn’t want to risk it. She remains in his embrace for a moment until he finally pulls away and speaks up. Her tail frantically waves behind her and she squirms, shifting her weight a little bit as if she’s showing herself off.

“I’m feeling much better, too. I’m—” she pauses, turning to look as another approaches. She blinks a few times and lowers her ears. It’s someone she hasn’t met before and there isn’t a name she recalls to try and place with her face. Steady doesn’t seem to know her either and she supposes it had been Valette or Grayday to have taken her in but it seems strange for the introduction to happen now. Adeline doesn’t voice the concern but she does speak up to politely introduce herself: “I’m Adeline.”
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa was glad to see that the other two were friendly, and didn't seem to mind that she'd sort of interrupted. They introduced themselves as Steady the alpha and Adeline. She'd heard of Steady before, Valette's mate. But Adeline she'd heard nothing of. She dipped her head to them both respectfully, then trotted closer to them, her tail wagging joyfully. It's a pleasure to meet you both, I'm sorry I haven't made your acquaintance earlier. She said, feeling it had probably been rude of her not to meet everyone in the pack before exploring it.

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The newcomer seemed friendly, for which he was glad. Friendly wolves didn't generally cause trouble, which meant less work for Steady and the other leaders. He shook his head side to side. The blame isn't all on you. I'm sorry, too, that I haven't reached out, he replied genuinely. We've had a lot of new wolves join the past month or so, and I'm getting around to meeting everyone, he added with a smile. Really, he had been busy securing the borders, fearing more intruders would come. But, he didn't want to worry anyone, and so didn't add that part. Besides, with larger numbers, the odds were in their favor. 

He sat back on his haunches, content to mingle with Adeline and Phiipa instead of going off to patrol. How are you settling in? he asked Phiipa, interested in if she was finding this place suitable. He wasn't so daft as to think every wolf would enjoy being here. But, he wanted to make sure the ones that did want to stay were happy. He glanced to his daughter with a slight smile, hoping she would get in on the conversation, too.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
There’s an exchange of apologies and Adeline looks between them as they split the blame. She’d been just as vacant since her return and as she’d begun to peak back out of her shell, she realizes there’s a whole new set of wolves for her to meet. This one included. There’s a brief pause before Steady goes off to ask her a question and she realizes a name hasn’t been announced and she doesn’t have anything to attach to her face and scent. Her ears swivel upon her head as she glances toward Steady with only confusion but she does not speak up about it yet, curious to see how long it’ll go before realized.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa smiled bashfully as Steady chose to split the blame, for she still felt it was a bit of a screw up on her part. But it was quickly forgotten, as the alpha asked how she'd been settling in. With a glance to Adeline, just as a friendly acknowledgement, she smiled. I've been settling in wonderfully! This territory is very beautiful, there's so much to do around here. Oh and everyone is so kind. Akuti and I have already begun stocking herbs together, I've made my cache in the forest. She said.

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Adeline seemed quiet, and Steady was content to chalk it up to the newcomer before them. Maybe she was just shy. Steady had completely missed the fact that the new female hadn't mentioned her name. His ears perked as she replied to his question, stating she was settling in well, and letting him know what she was doing.

As Alpha, he was happy to see that she was contributing, but as a fellow family member, he was also happy that she seemed to be happy herself. That's great! he replied. I'm glad you're liking it here. Although he wanted to ask about how Akuti was, and get the low-down on her, he didn't feel that would be right asking... He realized then, he hadn't gotten her name. He chuckled, I'm sorry, I didn't get your name, he admitted.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The lack of a name went on for a moment longer but something else catches her attention. She explains she’d been stocking herbs in a cache somewhere with someone else she doesn’t know. Her ears stand erect on her head and she opens to speak, though she isn’t really sure what to say or how to properly express her interest. She glances up at Steady for a moment before her attention returned to the other girl. Her tail sweeps back and forth at a steadily slow pace as her interest turns solely on the herbs.

Adeline is distracted when Steady finally notices that her name hadn’t come across and she smiles to herself. She fights back a chuckle that bubbles in her mouth and she gives him a gentle nudge, even though he doesn’t have a clue what’s going through her mind and how funny it is to her. Her nose wrinkles a little as she smooths out her features.

“If you need anything with the cache, I can help?” she offers a little sheepishly, with a smile, in hopes she may get the chance to learn something new.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The male seemed genuinely interested in how Phiipa was settling which made her glad. She'd known many who say polite things without even a thought about what they're saying, but she always appreciated those who were sincere in their words. When he asked her name, Phiipa looked shocked for a moment. Had she not introduced herself already? She was really messing up today, at least in her mind. She shook her head as if to scold herself. I'm terribly sorry, I should've introduced myself before. My name is Phiipa.

She turned her head when Adeline spoke of helping her with the cache's and her face lit up. That sounds wonderful! I'd love to have your help, please come by anytime. She said, a soft hum rising in her throat.

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady smiled softly as the female introduced herself. It wasn't a big deal to him that she had forgotten, figuring maybe she had been nervous when she approached. Besides, he had also forgotten to ask for it. It's nice to meet you, Phiipa, he said with a smile.

Adeline spoke up, offering assistance with the cashes. It hadn't gone unnoticed by the Alpha that his daughter was pitching in more and more since her return from her "adventures". He hadn't asked what exactly happened, knowing the majority of it probably weren't positive memories for her. But, whatever it was, she had changed since coming back home. For the better. Are you experienced in healing? he asked Phiipa, hoping they had another healer in their midsts. And if Adeline was interested in learning, all the better she learn from someone who knew what they were doing. Have you met Krypton? She's a healer, he commented.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The woman takes to the offer and her smile widens, her tail waves eagerly, and she feels a load roll off her shoulders. She doesn’t know where the anxiety suddenly came from but she clings to the relief all the same. However, Stead speaks again and asks about Kyrpton, mentioning her job in the pack, and her ears droop a little as she listens intently for the answer. Hopefully, she’ll be introduced to others in a similar way once she finds her rooting.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I'm pretty experienced. Me and my younger sister Sophy used to practice healing together, we always did pretty well. She said in response to his question. The alpha then asked about Krypton, and Phiipa smiled and nodded. Oh yes! She's such a nice person, I like her very much. Unfortunately we haven't had much time to talk about healing together. I'd love to talk to her more though. She said, remembering the kind woman who had helped her at the border.

Thinking back to the border, Phiipa remembered something that Valette had said about Steady, and decided she might as well ask now. Valette tells me you know a lot about the history of this pack. I'm an aspiring historian, I was wondering if perhaps you would indulge me with a story sometime? I'd love to learn as much about this pack as I can. She asked, truly sincere in what she said. Some wolves hated listening to long stories, but there were other like Phiipa who loved to think of the past, and listen to the stories of what once was.

even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
For a while longer, the three of them talk. Adeline doesn't speak up much as Steady and Phiipa talk about who they know and who they don't. If there's anything she needs to know, she perks up, but for the most part she stays in the background until the three of them part ways.