Blackwater Islands my heart is pierced by cupid, I disdain all glittering gold
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
open!

by the day, Galateia grew stronger and her spirit grew for it. but that did not mean she was strong, yet—no, she could still not walk independently upon land, though with the full moon at its summit Galateia sought to! 

her muscles protested and ached. she moved toward the ocean as it moved toward her, only to recede. but it beckoned her nearer, and she heeded the call of The Mothers. alone, now, Galateia collapsed before the waters having only taken two meager steps. but she had stood the longest she had since she had been brought to this sanctuary, and those steps were unquestionably in the right direction! she let out a thankful murmur, her lips brushing reverently against the soaked shoreline.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika watched Galateia takes the steps forward, releasing a mocking laugh to herself as she watched the woman fall. She was far enough to be confident that the near silent chortle went unnoticed, so she approached without apprehension. There was a look of concern on her face as she came nearer to Galateia, her pace quickening with each step. Are you okay? she called out as she drew in. 

I saw you fall; are you hurt?
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
her head turned around as she heard the familiar voice of a woman Galateia had swiftly become taken with. Kalika, came her voice, relief flooding the tones—other than Akantha, it was Kalika whom held Galateia's trust. though the others would surely hear of her story, Kalika was the first face whom had come to seek her out and welcome her. she was grateful. the kind inquiry was rewarded with an embarrassed grimace, and shyly she looked away. only my pride is wounded, she admitted without fear to her Sister, her friend, though she is such a fickle thing! I have no need of it! she quipped dramatically, and looking back to the pale beauty she smiled warmly. truly, I am alright... look, and, with some effort, Galateia was able to stand alongside Kalika. although Galateia was larger than her in height, her presently narrow frame did not bear its typically voluptuous curves. but she was not self-conscious beside the soft and lovely Kalika, never considering her own extraordinary beauty in any thing. she let out a small laugh, and then said sheepishly, it is not much, I know! but—ah, see—how fickle pride will return when the opportunity comes for it to strike! a bemused smile curled at the corners of her lips. 

nevermind me—how do you fare, Sister? she asked this with true interest. Akantha updated her on all things she ought to know of, though she had not yet heard of her Sisters accomplishment! genuinely, she was interested in her progress—more than that, she was hopeful of it! oh, Galateia saw the potential within her and knew it to be great.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Ah, I see. I am glad that you have no external injuries. Kalika watched as Galateia stood on all fours, shadowing Kalika in her height. She wasn't fond of the feeling of being so small, so she subtly lifted her head to make herself feel a bit larger. Seeing that it made little difference, she sat back on her haunches and retired to a more comfortable position with her tail curled around her paws.

I'm fine, no complaints. Have you met any other packmates? This wasn't about her. This was about Galateia, and Kalika would do what she had to in order to keep things going the way she wished.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the movement done by Kalika was so subtle that Galateia had not noted it! she was focused upon the feel of her muscles, and when Kalika sat Galateia mirrored her, though the movement was shaky and pained. she let herself slide to her stomach, swallowing a sigh. I am as pleased as you are, she admitted, and looked over herself. no, indeed the only thing that had been scathed was her ego—but truly, she had little of it to begin with. 

having no idea the others intent, Galateia looked upward with a warm smile. oh, you share so little with me! she teased, what I truly wish to know is your progress in your pursuit of your passion, she admitted softly. and as for the question Kalika posed, she nodded. yes, other than you and Akantha I have also met our Sister, Salish, and the Drudge, Whip, she supplied, her tail waving. I hope to meet the rest soon, she murmured.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
I have been granted the title of Scout, actually, Kalika answered, meaning I now officially am a Siren. She smiled humbly and looked down at her paws, hiding her pride in the recent accomplishment. You know the place of males among our ranks, correct? It was a serious inquiry as implied by her expression, as well as an easy way to spin the conversation back in the direction of Galateia's recent affairs with Whip.

I assume Akantha has drowned you in information, so I am here to clarify any unanswered questions.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
oh, Kalika! Galateia beamed, pride bubbling forth from her vocal chords. I had no doubt in you—I am so happy to hear this, and happy for you, and the truth of it was present in the wild wave of her plume. were she able to, Galateia would have moved to nose her companion, but her muscles were stiff and the proximity between them was more than a mere reach over. 

as for what Kalika next spoke, Galateia grinned. there is much she has shared with me; I tread the water as I work through it all! she readily informed her companion, though I would have it no other way. I hope to know it well, soon, she hummed. as for what Kalika had glossed over briefly, Galateia admitted politely, that is something she has briefly mentioned, though we have not yet discussed it at great length. if you feel there is something prudent for me to know on that matter, please, she bid, her ears flattening atop her crown as she gestured toward the sand in a way meant to express, share, if you will... she had no desire at all to misstep, nor to disappoint or offend.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
As has been expected, Akantha had given Galateia a few tokens of knowledge. As Her daughters, we hold more of a standing on Her land. They are below us in every rite, and should be treated as such. No one is begging forth cruelty, my dearest, but it is asked that we each know ourselves and the status we are born with. For a moment, Kalika found herself a bit hypocritical, though the thought was gone just as soon as it had come. She had taken up both of the consorts as lovers, but that did not mean that she ranked them on the same level as herself by any means. If need be, she would take the life of either without a second thought.

I know that this may seem difficult to accept, though I am sure that if the Mothers placed you here, it wasn't without the knowledge of your quick adjustment. She offered a kind smile, though her eyes were stoic in their glare.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Kalika explained it well, and Galateia nodded in understanding. men were not their equals. Galateia mulled over this, and at her Sisters next words, Galateia looked upon her for a long moment. she did not merely note the smile, but how it did not reach her eyes. the subject was one that perhaps for some was a weighted one... and so, she could understand. Galateia's own gaze was no longer soft and vulnerable, but serene and understanding as she spoke: for others, perhaps this would be difficult to accept, she responded, her voice light, but this—what I am being taught by you, by Akantha, our Sisters and The Mothers... it is all I know. there has been no other way, I would not question it

she fell silent, for a moment. and, quite enjoying the sound of her Sisters voice, she spoke on: have you stories of the Nereids, Kalika? History you might share with me, to further open my eyes? as she asked this, she flexed the muscles in her shoulders and stretched out her forelegs to work them, not wishing to keep them idle for too long.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika took a deep breath, ended by a hefty laugh, though she soon managed to compose herself. I can't really say that I do, she said with a bit of a solemn tone, I was born into the culture but conditions led to a different upbringing. I've only just begun learning about the Nereids in the winter, just after my first birthday. There wasn't much more to be said on that, as it was exactly how it seemed. 

It wasn't hard for me to get accustomed to, with the guidance of Akantha and the Mothers. I feel as though I'm learning more everyday. The goal is to become a High Priestess, though it's typically held by someone with more seniority than I. It was then that she realized she had been blabbering and apologized with haste in the form of an abrupt end.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
she was soothed by the voice of her friend, and to hear of her story further caused her heart to ache for Kalika. Galateia hoisted herself upward again, only to draw nearer to the siren to offer her shoulder. injured though she was, Galateia sought to relieve Kalika in any way she could of her wounded heart, and so she offered her shoulder, her presence, and her eyes that again had grown warm. 

for how short a time you have been among our Sisters, you know much; you are a good teacher. seniority pales in comparison to devotion, and it is my belief that the Mothers and Akantha both are not blind to this, it was now she sought to nose Kalika in a manner meant to encourage, though the gesture could be refused easily. Galateia's own ambition as of yet was not so far reaching—firstly, she sought to become well again.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
She allowed Galateia's soft touch, albeit with a bit of apprehension. Kalika was not looking for pity but she knew better than to allow her personal feelings and opinions to get in the way of her agenda. Thank you, Galateia. I hope so. The air was filled with a strange silence as she thought about what to say next, for the topic of Whip was too far buried in more recent affairs to be pulled back to the top. 

You seem to be healing well, Kalika noted, seeing how the new Sister managed to slink her way around. Hopefully you will be completely conditioned by the real start of spring; I can see plentiful prey in the coming months.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
never would Galateia pity another, least of all Kalika whom was a strong woman who could, surely, handle herself—but that did not mean that Galateia would not be there for her, whether she was needed or not. the apprehension was noted—empathetic as Galateia was, and intuitive, it could not be missed—and she offered an apologetic look. not all appreciated to be touched in such a way, and she would not make such an error toward her again. 

I have been practicing movements; I cannot yet walk alone, she reminded, but I will heal! tell me, what sort of prey have you noted upon these islands? she was quite interested in the fare around here other than the delightful morsels Akantha brought. perhaps Kalika would know more!
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika, in her typical studious fashion, began to describe some of the life which lived alongside the Nereids on their island. Most of the prey animals here with us are aquatic or partially so. We also have a multitude of birds and other mammals, namely a mated pair of bears who live deeper in the forest. She thought back to the early stages of the pack's development and the attack which she and Akantha had survived together.

They seem fairly uninterested in our lives, though you should keep an eye out. She reaped the warning with a severe tone, as if she were a mother scolding her child, though she was soon back to her relaxed self. Kalika had given herself the shared burden of watching over her Sisters and ensuring their well-being, so despite first impressions, she would make sure that they knew what was necessary to survive.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
in passing, Akantha had mentioned the bears. Galateia now was reminded of them, and nodded her head in thanks to the information. she was eager to assist in the hunts. when she was able to stand for more than five minutes, she could at the very least practice fishing—as her stillness would likely lure the fish toward her. the stern tone the other took with her Galateia could only assume to be the others protective side, and the pearl could only appreciate the other for her way. thank-you, she spoke, her voice light, I am eager to join the hunts! a muscle twitched in anticipation, and she sighed.
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
And we are eager to have you. If you don't mind, I'll have to excuse myself now. Kalika gave a nod of her head in Galateia's direction as a sort of farewell before standing to examine the other. Perhaps there was something else to be said, but if not, then Kalika would be on her way.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
of course, Galateia hummed, dipping her head in adieu. once Kalika left, Galateia would again focus on walking; the ocean would aid her, and she would take some steps toward the road in which she recovered upon. painful though it was, Galateia was perserverant and fought through the fiery aches that rippled through her legs.