Morningside Cuesta I've often wished I could walk away from myself
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday chuckled at his daughter's (predictable) exuberance. Even first thing in the morning with sleep still in her eyes, she was wanting to be far and away. It was a trait that the male recognized in himself, though his thirst for adventure had been quenched long ago. Now he travelled simply for the love of it, and because it was easier to outrun his demons than face them head-on.

"Take someone with you," he instructed. "I don't want either of you out on your own. And if you go any further than shouting distance, you'd better have an adult with you." It was known, by now, that Adeline did not yet count as an adult in these cases, but he would not be surprised if Dawn tried to entice the older girl along anyway. They were both rule-breakers, his two.

Turning his head away from the girl, he gave the rest of the party a quick once-over. He didn't know all of these wolves very well, but he was pleased to be acquainted with each one of them. "And I was thinking we might go on a hunt later on today. If you don't want to miss that, I wouldn't go far." Though the words were spoken to his daughter, he looked back to the rest of the adults, wondering how they felt about the notion.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: I've often wished I could walk away from myself - by Grayday Sr. - March 28, 2017, 08:43 PM