Emberwood little wanderer
duck and cover
6 Posts
Ooc — Freakshow
All Welcome 
open to anyone~ Robin needs friends

or someone to scare the living shit out of him

feel free!

So near to the earth the red boy moves as he is accompanied by silent steps which usher him forth. A careful gait swallows each of his movements as the youthful wolf weaves in and out of the foliage as if there was something to hide from. And in the eyes of a child such as he, raised upon the fleeing of flight, that is all that can be offered, for he is fearful of this very existence he clings so tightly to. Because while the russet beauty fears what is to come in living, despite only reaching being crowned by his second year, he also fears death. Each posed a threat upon him, for they offered the unknown, making them equally as horrifying.

All Robin can do is move as he remembers to. To scuttle through the underbrush as if a creature such as himself was nothing but a meal waiting to be swallowed. He was left tiptoeing around those judged as predators, which were all walks of life, and it is through naivety the youth is left oblivious. For wide horror filled eyes could never know those who offered true threats from those who could only grant him kindness. Every living creature was something to be fearful, as well as curious, of in hopes to piece together the puzzle left fragmented by the death of his family.

Such fears have left no denial upon the mind of the wingless bird. He was a prey animal who had been granted fangs for defense – though he knew not how to protect himself; all he knew how to do now was run. Each step is accompanied with a fearful eye that is cast every which way as paws greet the soil. He memorized every step, every location he had ever been, in a desperation that it would assist in keeping the predators at bay.

How foolish of him.

It is because of such efforts that the child is unable to be calm, swallowed in a constant state of anxiety. A head always in motion as ears flick towards even the slightest of sounds. Muscles tensing each and every moment as the boy's engrained response was to flinch away as if about to be struck. Only when those eyes of gold were unable to catch a glimpse of threat that the cowering youth was able to settle into steady motion once more. Left so slink upon the earth, dragging his chest upon the dirt, as if keeping low would draw less eyes towards untouched skin.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Leaping gargoyle, at your service! Hope I didn't move this too quickly.

Something moved in the forest beyond her.

Something big.

Something crawling.

Something fast.

And Nanook hovered in uncertainty, ears piqued, eyes sharp, mouth agape, and head lowered to conceal herself amongst the thickets. She had taken her sister's permission to go where she liked and ran with it - quite literally, straight out of Easthollow. And the Apaata, for once, had every intention of returning - her ears twitched to meet the faint scuffle of earth sounding somewhere to her right, but she remained a statue.

If only she made it out of these woods alive.

She had experience enough of hiding, and of running. Very little of attacking - but the presence of whatever eddied around her set the girl on edge with a nervous energy that seemed to light every fur on her body with the need to move. And the thing drew near enough now. In the split of a second, she weighed her options.

She saw only one, and the statue broke from the undergrowth with a sudden propulsion to meet whatever was hunting her.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better