Morningside Cuesta you have a good heart
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The male couldn't be sure, but he thought that Lavender might have reacted to his voice, at least a little bit. Perhaps she'd just felt the rumble in his throat. Had it scared her? Probably not - he couldn't remember being afraid of his own father's voice, and somehow, Grayday knew that Mud had once done these same things with him. Probably, Mud had talked a lot more than he was talkin' - Day remembered that his father liked to sing.

I should've sung to those kids, he thought to himself, wondering if things would've turned out differently with those two if he were the sorta dad that sang to his kids. Would they be together, now? Would they be happier?

Gently, in the back of his throat, he began to hum. The tune was a bit broken at first, but soon enough, he began to recall the words that went along with it. And then, still quietly, he began to sing - "Come a rolling down the mountain there's a girl of fourteen
She's the sweetest apple blossom just a hillbilly queen
I'm a coming round the mountain, don't you try to follow me
I'm a gonna be her daddy when I get to Tennessee - "

He could hardly remember what the song was about, but if any of his children were an apple blossom, it was this one. Besides, he'd always like the jauntiness of this tune when his father sang it, and hoped that his own children would grow to love it as well.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
you have a good heart - by Lavender - July 14, 2017, 08:11 AM
RE: you have a good heart - by Grayday Sr. - July 16, 2017, 11:30 AM
RE: you have a good heart - by Lavender - July 20, 2017, 07:50 AM
RE: you have a good heart - by Grayday Sr. - July 25, 2017, 10:27 PM
RE: you have a good heart - by Lavender - July 25, 2017, 10:49 PM
RE: you have a good heart - by Grayday Sr. - July 28, 2017, 10:43 PM
RE: you have a good heart - by Lavender - July 29, 2017, 10:40 AM
RE: you have a good heart - by Grayday Sr. - July 30, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: you have a good heart - by Lavender - July 31, 2017, 07:40 AM