Moonspear Usefulness
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
All Welcome 
@Charon

Rouge had been in the pack for some time now and she wanted to become more involved. She had scouting skills that she thought the pack could benefit from, at least she hoped they could. In her last pack it seemed to be the only thing that she did. Do scouting tasks for the pack and subsequently becomming on of the most valued members with in the pack surprisingly. 

In this pack she had spent some time with the leading male and had spent time with one of his pups. She had seen many of the member of the pack but hadn't had a chance to really meet any of them. But she thought that getting better credability with the leaders would be a good first step. So today she was in search of Charon in the more mountaious regions of the pack.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had been out stargazing on the higher regions of the mountain the night prior. He was making his way down the mountainside now when his attention was caught by Rouge who appeared to be following him; or maybe she was just out on the mountain's higher reaches by coincidence. He wondered how she was doing in the pack so far, if she had met many other wolves and how she seemed to be settling in.

Altering his path so that he would run into her, Charon let out a friendly enough chuff once he was close enough to her to hear.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
When Rouge saw Charon she continued walking until their paths meet where she heard Charon give her a friendly chuff. She nodded her head and proceeded to ask "Charon... How is everything?" her question was broad. Wanting to cover anything from the pups move to the new site to anything else on his mind. She didn't want to see rude my by jumping right into her question without first exchanging pleasantries.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She came up to greet him and asked him a casual question, though he wondered if it were really the cause behind them bumping into each other. It could be coincidence, though at this altitude perhaps not. In response to her question, he nodded and answered, "Hmm-mm, things are a bit quiet, but otherwise good." Perhaps a few new recruits would be nice, but overall things weren't too shabby. He reminded himself to fill up the caches now that their numbers were good so that they wouldn't suffer like last winter, when they'd been low on numbers throughout fall and winter both.

"The pups are healthy and growing, too. How are you settling in?" He returned a casual question at that, since he had been curious for this anyway. Charon thought of Potema and Blackfeather Woods; maybe he should visit her sometime.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Charon remarked that the pack was quiet. Which wasn't the worst thing a pack could be. It usually meant that nothing too exciting was going on, but that also meant that nothing bad was happening either. Charon seemed to have a similar thought as he said everything else was going well within the pack. He also added that his oppspring was doing well, which Rouge had time to witness when they moved to their new site and her spare time with Galaxy. 

He asked how she was doing and she replied saying "I'm doing alright,..." she said answering his question. She then continued towards the subject she really wanted to talk about, "but I've been wanting to do more for the pack... Is there anything you can think of that you might need some assistance with?" she asked.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She said she was doing alright but he could hear some sort of doubt in her voice. It was clear when she started to speak again that she had been wanting to speak of this subject the whole time and the rest might've just been means to casually get to her point. Luckily it wasn't anything difficult, just asking if there was anything she could do to help. "Hmm," he murmured thoughtfully. "Once I had family living in the east. An uncle, Mordecai. Some others, I think..." He didn't really remember too well. "Wolves with the Ostrega surname. Maybe if you find my uncle or others still living there you could inform them of Moonspear." It was a very specific task, but she might happen upon them in her journeys.

He opened his mouth to speak again but closed it rather than speak up, thinking of Potema and her children — his children. Maybe it was unwise to pursue that thread but he could not help but think of her. He decided against asking Rouge, figuring he'd pop by the Woods at some point himself. Instead he asked of her, "I'd like to know what packs are in the area. A lot has changed, packs have gone but I'm sure that other packs have come." It was not very specific, but maybe just specific enough for her to make something of it. "And be careful if you happen to run upon Redhawk Caldera to the southeast. They're a bunch of rude asshats." Peregrine might have died, but his spirit sure lived on in his rude-as-fuck descendants.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As Charon began to think Rouge got excited. Finally somethign meaning full to do rather then spend her time within the territory. In truth the duties of those who stayed within the pack were no less important then a wolves dutie outside the pack. But to Rouge anything internal seemed regular, constant, scheduled with very little change. She craved some sort of excitment in her everyday life, some irregularity. That feeling of irregularity was every present to her when she went out and meet a new wolf almost everywhere she went with differing appearances and personalities. Even when she had gone on instructed mission before and the goal was mainly business orientated, she found pleasure in meeting other wolves in the area. 

It seemed that Charon had more then one idea in mind which made Rouge glad as well as make her think of why he hadn't asked her to do something like this before. Maybe their were other scouts in the pack he had invisioned of doing this task but that she was simply the first one to ask. In either case it brought the thought to her mind that in order for her skills to be used and for the pack to benefit them, she needed to increase her influence and reputation among the pack. 

He asked her to find his uncle which he suspected was somewhere to the east and to let him know about the pack. Finding a specific wolf that one has not meet before can be challenging, but Rouge hoped that at least in the east his uncle would be well known and she would be able to get some hints from other wolves in the area. He also asked her to come back with alittle bit of an update about the surrounding packs, mentioning one inparticular that seemed to not suit his fancy. Letting her know where they resided brough Rouge to the conclusion that Charon would know that they still resided where they did and that she wouldn't need to go looking for them really.

After listening to all of his suggestions and requests and nodded her head stating "Those sound like things I can do." she said in a pleased tone. "I'll report back with my finding soon, depending on how elusive your uncle is." she smiled with her slightly joking tone. 

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She seemed enthusiastic and he was glad for it. To be truthful he didn't expect much of the search for relatives, but maybe she'd manage. Who knew. maybe Mordecai was still floating around somewhere. It would also be good to know what packs were in the area, a thing he hadn't realised he might want sought out before she had asked him what he needed. It was good to have scouts. Floki used to do these things before, but he was long gone now and it didn't look like he'd ever return.

As she joked about the elusiveness of his uncle Charon realised he hadn't mentioned how long ago he had seen his uncle. "It's been over a year since I've met him, so don't think too harshly on yourself if you can't find him." Charon sure wouldn't. "But I've met various relatives, so maybe you'll find some others instead." Who knew. The main mission were checking out the packs in the region, the rest was all fluff, but it'd still be nice to know.
218 Posts
Ooc — Raven
It seemed as though Rouge's playful remark could actually be reality. A year was quite a large amount of time, and gave any wolf in the Teekon Wilds to leave the region if they wanted to. In addition to his current clarification and the way he suggested Rouge look for his realative rather then ask like he had with the packs in the area, it made Rouge think that her main mission should be to find information about the near by packs and asked about his possible realative as she went along. Rather then head out to find one wolf, which proved to be hard, especially when that wolf had never been meet before and couldn't be followed by scent or other means other then word of mouth. "I'll keep that in mind. I'll focus more on the packs then." rather then somewhat try and do both as she initailly planned. She was ready to head out and so she nodded to Charon and began her quest.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon nodded, although he hadn't really meant that she shouldn't focus on finding his uncle or any other relatives. He'd just... hoped that she'd find him, or others, keep her eyes and ears open, but that she wouldn't keep searching 'til she found Mordecai, who could be anywhere by now. The Ostrega wanderlust had never flowed as strongly in Charon's veins as it apparently did in his uncle's.

"Alright, good luck," said Charon. "Come back safely." He hoped she wouldn't be gone too long, since he had lost a variety of wolves to scouting trips in the past and he wasn't too eager to lose another.