Blackfeather Woods let me show you the way and the life
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
All Welcome 
He keeps @Cassiopeia hidden in a secluded part of Wolfskull, neighboring @Wildfire, but untouched by whatever influence the other captive could have on her. He seeks to keep her a secret, a fail-safe backup plan that cannot afford to be tampered with. Even he upholds his promise; he does not lay a claw on her, not while she keeps calm and docile. But that is not very often. She holds a fire within her, one that will not be squashed out by the shadows of the dark forest, one that he finds a rarity coming from someone foreign to Blackfeather Woods. She holds her ground in his presence, and while at the back of his mind it irks him, itching to put her in her place, he reminds himself that her purpose captured is one that will ensure no harm is laid on him. Dropping a severed limb of a long-dead doe between the two captives, he indicates her to take her piece before throwing the rest to the more undesired thrall.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
if I understood anything wrong, please let me know - I'll fix it!
She is silent, a mass against the stone wall of the cave. In the company of her abductor, she was all bravado and fire, but alone, with nothing but silence and the steady breathing of another, she can not hold back her fear. Solitude and darkness chased the flame of her fortitude back until it was little more than a flickering ember, and her first night in the cave was a sleepless, silent affair. The place she had trod through at the side of Vaati was unlike anything she had ever seen before, and she could sense quickly the darkness of the place. His arrival now has her gaze flick towards him, but she does not move until he discards the stale haunch, obviously intending for her to have first pick. She stalks forward, silent, tearing off a piece that seems edible and retreating a step, gaze casting about for the other.  She is hungry, and fearing that this too should be taken away from her, she scarfs it down, eating quickly as to avoid tasting the thing. Her tail lashes, shoulders hunched in fear and frustration, and her gaze smoulders again, sighting down Vaati. " What's the point? You can hardly keep me here forever." Her fear turns to anger, the only emotion she can express with direction. "Do you make a habit of kidnapping?" She hissed, anger falling prey to terror again and fading almost as quickly as it had come. Her tail lashed in apprehension and unease o the highest degree, gaze shifting to the other, the woman, and back to him. She'd be damned if she let herself turn out like that.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
He smirks only slightly when she gobbles up his catch, she, knowing quite well that her survival depends on him. It is the concept that he approves of, specifically her reliance on his support. But she doesn't understand that yet, not while she is still defiant. Nevertheless, the shadows will break her soon, and if not it will be the mere reality of isolation, and he is certain about that. But she catches him by surprise when she confronts him on his motives, and he narrows his eyes. "I can," And I will, Vaati retorts condescendingly; the still open scar on his face crinkling and stretching back out with every movement his features make. "And I don't..." he glances to the other woman held captive "... usually," While he was not the one to catch the other, his pack held a specific reputation for their practices involving the abduction of other wolves; doing the dirty work others were too afraid to do.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her emotions are like a rollercoaster, plunging into terror and slowly ascending into anger. This time, however, anger sticks and doesn't falter. "Please" she scoffs. "If you keep me for much longer, I'll just figure out best to kill you."  She doesn't know if she's capable of that, and all signs point to a strong no, as of now. But she certainly hates him with his kidnapping tendencies and arrogant attitude. She can't felt her gaze falling on his scar as it contorts and moves. "Besides, it looks like someone already came close." She remarks, arrogance matching his own that she detests so much. Anger is a solace from the fear and the silence, something to act on, something to focus on. She wants to charge him, but the logical, cunning part of her knows it would be a foolish waste of a move. And yet.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
She infuriates him this time, and this time, his anger is real. He surges forth so that he stands right up against her chest, muzzle meeting the spot between her eyes as he looks down at her and snarls gravely, his size alone amassing her own. His voice is low and guttural, for this time, he isn't fooling around. This time, she pushes him too far. "I'd like to see you try, little girl," It is a petty insult but one that he very much means; she is small, and while her courage is something, it will not save her from his wrath. There is nothing she can do, not now, not ever until he decides her usefulness has run its course, to set herself free from the cage of shadows he holds her in. "You may escape this cave, you may escape me, but you will die before you make it past our borders. That, I promise you," He speaks in truth, a threat that has been uttered many times and resulted in the death of many too stupid to heed its warning. The wolves of Blackfeather Woods do not need a reason to do what they do, no reason to kidnap, kill, or maim; it is by their nature to serve as the wood's wardens, both the judge and executioner. The sight of a starved looking wolf beelining it for the borders is not a chase but a hunt, and for her sake, and to ease his inner conscious, he cannot have her thinking that she can.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She has pushed too far. His anger is true and violent, this time, and as he surges forward, she almost steps back. Almost. Her heartbeat comes quickly, breath speeds up, and her limbs tingle with a kind of dread she hasn't experienced before. His words thunder into her, with a drive she knows to be true, and she feels quite suddenly like a leaf in a gale. Her thoughts of escape and besting Vaati are folly, and sheer force won't get her out of here. She is at the whims of the boy, this pack, and she hates it. Her gaze burns like fire, but her form trembles in an uncontrollable fright, and the fear and anger leave her frozen, staring in silence at the boy who she has quite suddenly come to realize holds her life in his jaws. He might spare her, but he could just as easily crush her. For once, she can think of nothing to say in reply.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Triumph rings in his ears as no quick retort from the girl surfaces, knowing quite well that his fury in itself scares her. It is evident in her eyes; the hope for escape burning out as quickly as it was implanted. He almost smiles, instead, his lips quirking up in a quick, crooked smirk. He leans down to whisper in her ear, teeth grazing the side of her cheek simply for the effect that said canines would just as easily wrap around her throat. "You know, I think I quite like you when you don't speak," He's taking advantage of her shell-shocked state and he knows this, that the impact of his wrath overcomes the very spirit that drives the girl to test him. He has put her in her place, and in some cruel way, he enjoys it. Or rather, he enjoys her. Submissive, to him and him alone. But thoughts of that nature don't often take precedence in his mind, and once it does, he disregards the idea entirely in favor of conventional concepts of survival, and in the occasion, he passes his behavior off as punishment and nothing more. 
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her skin crawls, and she is suddenly hyper-aware of every movement of the two of them. She almost feels sick to her stomach, the rising and plunging fear that is her constant companion reaching a peak once more. His words seem louder than they are, and through sheer reflex of a lifetime of talking back, her own voice, sounding soft and disjointed replies, "If you want me to shut up, you'd better cut out my tongue" The words are wavering, not quick there, a half-formed reply. She is rooted to her spot, ears slicked back, only the hardness in her gaze remains of the spitfire she was moments ago.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He quickly cuts through the tunnels, painfully aware of his now insane uncle's presence in the Web. He hears voices. He knows he's near Wolfskull Cave; he can smell the decay and the quivering mess of the captive, but now...he licks his chops. He smells his brother. His poor, misguided brother, who kept avoiding him despite the clear attraction he had back to him. If he was such a devotee, he would give into his desires rather than avoid them. It wasn't as if he could become pregnant from the ordeal.

Ganon turns to enter the tunnel, only pausing when he hears an unfamiliar voice, feminine and quavering. It was not completely broken, like the captive was. But it was anxious. And that was enough for him to have proper reason for him to enter.

Well, He drawls, emerging from the tunnel. He figures his brother knows of it — he would be surprised and condescending if he didn't — but he knows the captives, both old and new, would be frightened by his sudden entrance. Look who got greedy and wanted a toy for his own, He strides to the girl, leaning his head down to sniff her for a moment. He does not recognize her, visually or by her scent. He doesn't know why Vaati would want her — unless... Ah. He raises his head and smirks at his brother. It's both sultry and pointed, wanting to entice him and warn him at the same time.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
156 Posts
Ooc — ghostwriter
Kotake trailed Ganondorf, and if he recognized this he did not reveal it. She sometimes did this with little complaint from others; she observed and she learned. From mother, Kotake was learning medicines—when she could, the young Melonii contributed. She had not seen Vaati in some time so when she recognizes his scent, she pauses a moment. She hears the voice of a girl, though only catches the tail end of what is said: cut out my tongue.

It is then Kotake enters the proverbial fray, her bi-colored eyes falling upon the girl who thought herself brave in the presence of her brother. She looks to her while speaking to Vaati: I can staunch the bleeding, in a chilly, indifferent voice. Tempt us, her flashing eyes dared. When her eyes shift toward the palest of them all, she notices that he has been maimed terribly. It is a revolting, ugly wound—a cold fury possessed her vocal chords next as she stepped nearer to him: who did this? they will pay!
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
She speaks foolishly, in a way that undermines his will do to exactly what she demands. However, he does not get a chance to promise that he would before his brother comes crawling, drawing out an exaggerated entrance of false grandeur. But Vaati knows better, he knows his brother. In that instant he stiffens, muscles tensing with caution as Ganon approaches the girl much too close for Vaati's liking. He knows his brother's motives, his drives, the things that make him do what he does, and in the company of the captive Ganondorf was not supposed to know about — the one he had purposely hidden — he knows his brother sees the only opportunity, and perhaps, liability. Vaati's awareness of his brother's intentions only heightens when he speaks with words lined with jealousy, a pointed sultry look Vaati understands but ignores; his intentions are anything other than the one his brother silently accuses him of, that he knows of.

But it is the arrival of Kotake that ignites his vexation once more; a secret plan was meant to be kept - secret. Even from the wandering eyes of malevolent siblings that would sooner rip the girl apart than entertaining her false hope like Vaati had. Irritation rises in his temper, the hairs on his back bristling and he lets out a frustrated sigh in his sister's direction as if to shut her up. True, she had not bore witness to the scars that cracked his appearance just yet, but in present company, he was unwilling to recount the story once more. He doesn't want to; his failure to retribute himself in return is more painful than the permanent disfigurement on his face, for at least there, he can never look upon it with utter rage.

His gaze snaps to Kotake, looking down on her pitied, angered expression with lack of appreciation, "I'll tell you later." It comes out in a strict hiss before returning his attention to his brother, eyeing him with warning balanced between both working eyes. His hackles rise threateningly, staking his mark on the captive female with that one swift movement. "I believe you have your own toys to play with, brother," His retort leaves no room for defiance, demanding that the other obey or suffer what it means to mess with a man scorned, moving to angle himself in front of the girl and against both brother and sister. The fact that these are his siblings before him does not concern him. Vaati knows what Ganondorf, Kotake, are capable of, things that go beyond his field of expertise,  things he cannot counteract, and he silences their intent to involve themselves with that is his. 
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The sudden arrival of another boy has her snap quite suddenly, hackles rising and form suddenly shock-stiff. His words fill her with bitter hate, and her spine stiffens, twisting her head to watch him, finding him to be no less physically menacing than Vaati. When he leans in toward her, her lips curl back over her fangs. Perhaps a foolish response, but it is one driven by instinct and hate. "I can staunch the bleeding" There is another, a beautiful, dangerous girl, and her hackles stand on end, gaze a burning fire of terror and hate. She misses the jealousy in the sultry look one brother offers another, and with it misses another potential danger. 

They will set upon her now, this she knows, these two will rip her to shreds. She knows as well as Vaati does that they pose a danger, and combined, her chances are depressingly low. But- he sighs, her captor, and delivers a rebuke to the shadowed girl and the flame-streaked boy. Her gaze turns to his, now, and hidden within the flame of her gaze is sharp surprise. The boy she fully expected to rip out her tongue angles himself between herself and the aggressors, and her ears flick atop her skull, uncertainty suppressing the fire in her gaze as her lips fall back over her fangs, and her tail tucks around her hindquarters as she waits in anguished silence, emotions a turmoil, the only thing she can be sure of; the protection Vaati offers her.
156 Posts
Ooc — ghostwriter
Truth be told, Kotake held no malevolent intent toward the girl, not if she held none toward her brother. Kotake was experienced in devastating things, but her utilization of them extended only so far as the beings who insulted those that she decided she cared for. Kotake could be considered weak, for truly loving her family as she did. Cold though she was, there was no questioning she had a heart. It could not lead to extortion, however. Kotake knew better than to be manipulated by her true feelings. Or perhaps that was not true. The fury within her could only be put to rest by taking hold of who inflicted this wound upon Vaati, and eviscerating them.

His words were met with a sidelong glance toward the captive. She understood. And the stance he has put himself in will surely earn the trust of the girl—it was a wise move. Kotake suppresses a grin; he will earn the trust of the girl, it is only a matter of time before she is wooed by him. Kotake idly wonders if it will truly be a thing not reciprocated. Vaati, for all of his insanity, is as unpredictable as she herself is when it comes to emotion. She supposed the most amusing part of all would be for the captor to fall for him. It is a dramatic show that she decided she would like to see. Be sure to watch your tongue, she simply says, you should only ever say the words that you mean—when you bring them to life, they can come back to bite, and with that, Kotake looks to her brother and says: later. On that note, Kotake turns to leave. She does not threaten the girl further, as there was no reason to. Perhaps her other brother would join her, perhaps not.

Just throwing in an exit post! You guys can feel free to skip Kotake, now.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He knows that Vaati is hiding her. But it has to be more than just his own wants. Vaati isn't as preoccupied on that, or at least he pretends that he isn't. There is something more to this girl. She smells of a pack. It is a faint scent, hidden under blood and the mist of Blackfeather Woods. He wants to goade the truth out of him, but before he can even speak Kotake arrives. She's concerned, more about Vaati than the nature of the situation. He loves his sister, dearly, but in her cold analytical reasoning she fails to see the subtler meanings in the air around them. She does threaten the girl, and he chuckles at it, never expecting her...she seemed to have absorbed Koume's fire.

But she leaves, and he is left there. He stares down Vaati, his proximity to the girl cut off. He glances at her every once and awhile. You've chosen a terrible hiding place for her, He warns. There is no mocking smirk on his face, though it lingers in his eyes. Pirtra daor sagon ruarza syt bōsa. This was more than just a warning now. A tone entered his voice that. It was a spell. A curse. Kessa sagon ūndegīon. He turns then, and exits the cave through the main entrance. Whether Vaati believes that Ganon has powers, Ganon knows that it would be true. His brother has chosen a dangerous spot to hide his little harlot. It is a matter of when.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
His siblings come and go, but not before offering their own threats and jeers in her direction. Not exactly empty threats, but ones he does not take to the highest degree. He knows they will not try anything when it has been made specifically clear that she is not to be messed with, and his steady glare ensures that she won't. But it is the implied message shared between the two of them aimed at his intentions with Cassiopeia that irks him. He has never thought of her in any way other than her purpose within the dark woods: a captive. And he is not ready to accept that she had grown on him to the point where he feels more than responsibility for her, and it is uncomfortable. Ganondorf's message translates to him in choppy statements, but the gist is clear: Cassiopeia is no longer safe alone within the cave, a least not for long. He makes a mental note to visit her more often if only for a little while, to cover her scent with his. The siblings part and he left to his thoughts, thoughts that he is uncomfortable with confronting. The silence is deafening and Vaati abruptly takes his leave, parting the scene without a second glance to the girl behind him. Perhaps it had been a mistake to protect her, but perhaps it hadn't. He did what he had to do and there was no point in taking it all back when there was no way he could; and unlike he promises, he does not visit her for a whole week after.