Blacktail Deer Plateau The Bitterness to Touch These Lips
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She responded with anger and accusation. Especially because of his current mindset, Peregrine didn't blame her, nor try to argue with her. He took this verbal abuse as his deserved punishment, all the while musing, I've changed so much... Not so long ago, he would've yelled back. What had instilled such tolerance in him? Fatherhood, perhaps? He was rather used to having others scream in his face these days... especially Ty, who was particularly prone to temper tantrums.

"I don't know that we know each other well at all," he agreed sadly. His voice hardening somewhat, he countered calmly, "I'm not running away. I'm still going to run this pack, I'm still going to raise our children and I'm still here for you, even if it's not in the same capacity as before..." He wanted to add something about getting to know each other and trying again, perhaps, but he was afraid of causing more pain if things didn't work out that way. His only intention now was to carry this out while inflicting the least amount of pain possible to Hawkeye and their pups.

"I really am sorry. I wish I didn't feel this way, Hawkeye. I wish I could force it," he finished, "but I can't. And you don't deserve that anyhow." At that, he fell silent, watching her carefully, unaware of the anger building within her, though he certainly suspected it, after her initial outburst.
Messages In This Thread
The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - May 23, 2014, 03:36 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - May 24, 2014, 12:42 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - May 29, 2014, 04:49 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - May 30, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 30, 2014, 02:40 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - June 04, 2014, 02:21 PM
RE: The Bitterness to Touch These Lips - by Hawkeye - June 04, 2014, 02:47 PM