Bearclaw Valley we know the way
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Alexander had long since become unaware of his tone and how it often influenced his conversations. So use to peering down on everyone from up on his high horse, he lacked the decency of being polite and respectful to strangers. As far as he was concerned, few people were worthy of his genuine kindness, anyways. Still, he tried to be tolerable, or at least his version of the word, resulting in him following through with the introductions portion of most encounters nowadays. He was slow to speak, however, waiting somewhat patiently until the other male had grown silent in order to respond.

Phocion,” he repeated back, finding the name to be strange and needing to try it out on his tongue. “I’m Alexander.” Xan for short, he wanted to add, only to leave it at that for the time being; if hearing his full name, later on, became infuriating, he’d take care to correct the issue then. But until then—assuming then ever came—he let it go and replayed the male’s words in his head, surprised by how such a far away glance at the valley could draw someone towards it. Had that been the reason for his parents choosing it so long ago? Maybe someday he would ask his father or see if his mother had said anything to Desna about it before she died.

Nodding his head, he responded with, “Yes, I—we claim this land.” It wasn’t easy having to remember that the valley wasn’t all his anymore, and couldn’t be if he ever wanted to lead a pack there. In order to thrive, he had to share his home with others, however disgruntled the idea would have made a younger Xan; recently, he discovered that he was no longer entirely disgusted by the idea of Bearclaw being filled with strangers, as long as he remained in front of them all. “Why? Were you interested in living here?” asked the Inuk, his tone teetering between curious and accusative. Assuming that, that was the case, he thought to add another comment to his questions but, after a moment longer of thinking, ultimately decided against it; he didn’t want to jump to conclusions and make a total ass out of himself.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
we know the way - by Phocion - December 14, 2017, 01:49 PM
RE: we know the way - by Xan - December 15, 2017, 02:50 AM
RE: we know the way - by Phocion - December 19, 2017, 09:14 PM
RE: we know the way - by Xan - December 24, 2017, 03:07 AM
RE: we know the way - by Phocion - December 26, 2017, 10:25 PM
RE: we know the way - by Xan - December 27, 2017, 12:46 AM
RE: we know the way - by Phocion - December 27, 2017, 03:12 PM
RE: we know the way - by Xan - December 28, 2017, 02:16 AM