The Sentinels And I Will Walk 804.672 Kilometers!
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She smiled as he put his head down to listen to her, he seemed to be enjoying it. He even seemed a bit Misty eyed and she flicked an ear, a bit Misty eyed herself as she began to feel homesick but continued on anyway with the last little bit of the song.
"You are the dawn of a new day that's waking 
A masterpiece still in the making 
The blue in an ocean of grey 
You are right where you need to be 
Poised to inspire and to succeed 
You'll look back and you'll realize one day 

You are the dawn of a new day that's waking 
A masterpiece still in the making 
The blue in an ocean of grey 
You are right where you need to be 
Poised to inspire and to succeed 
Soon you'll finally find your own way"
She finished on a softer note and exhaled fully before taking another breath and letting the silence hang between them. She swore that she almost felt her moms presence and sniffed the air as if wanting to draw in her scent but it wasnt there so she Finally cleared her throat and blinked the mist from her eyes and spoke "Mama used to sing that when I was little...when it was stormy out or when Nikan had bullied and pushed me too far. There's a bunch of other songs I know too and simple melodies...singing was very popular in my home pack". she spoke in a softer tone as she watched him, a warm smile on her maw.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel felt his eyes tear up a bit more as she went on, he thought more about his dear. His long lost mate, who had been a great mother. And she would sing many songs like this, and most put him to sleep. The only reason he was not falling asleep was that it was not Heartha's voice, but if he was feeling tired, he would have been out by now.

"Then your mother knew what she was doing...my first mate used to sing similar songs for our chil..." He couldn't even finish that sentence, so he skipped over to another. "It was beautiful. Like you, Awinita, it was beautiful." Then again, he called many beautiful.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She lifted a paw and gently wiped away the unfallen tears that had been made by the memory of home. She looked just like her mom, fur color and everything and her mother had been the parent closest to her heart. When Engel spoke she lifted her gaze to him an ear flicking curiously as he cut himself off but then went on to call her beautiful. Her eyes widened and she ducked her head bashfully, tail tapping against the ground behind her. "Oh...well...thank you Engel. I'm glad you enjoyed it." She said earnestly and if she were able to she would have blushed a bright pink.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled lightly, wiping at his own face as well with a paw. "And I am glad I got to enjoy it" Engel said. He wagged his tail behind him, a grin plastered on his face now. "You're...you're a good friend Awinita" he said, although he had almost said something else. Something that he did not want to be caught saying, so he diverted the conversation. "Your mother...what was she like?"
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She smiled warmly at Engel as he said she was a good friend, her eyes glimmering "I try..." She said unsure what else to say. As the conversation turned back to her mother she felt her eyes softening as she dove through her memories. "She looked like me, or well...I looked like her." She began with a smile.

"She was the wise woman of our pack. The mother to all, the one in charge of healing. She was kind and soft spoken,quick to smile" Awinita's smile brightened and she laughed fondly "Her laugh was the best. It was the most pleasant sound...even better than her singing. She was also capable of being scary. She had quite the momma bear side and whenever someone was in danger she was quick to leap in and defend them with everything she had. She was respected as our alpha female." She could have gone on forever about her mother but she assumed that eventually Engel would need to head away somewhere.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel could only picture Awinita's mother, someone like an older Awinita. Someone kind, who sang...he could not help but think more and more about Heartha. She had been so kind as well. "She sounds like she was a great mother...Like someone I once knew" he spoke softly. Though she rarely saw Heartha as scary, ever.

"Well, Awinita" he began, he wasn't sure how to continue this conversation, though he didn't exactly have anywhere to go just yet. "I'm sure you had somewhere to be...I might hang about here for a bit. Maybe sing more, walk about."
169 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Despite the news she'd been given by Engel about Nikan being somewhere in the wilds, the conversation had really put her in a good mood. She didn't really have anywhere to be at all but she supposed she should go back by the shore and wait for Wirt. "Thank you for singing with me Engel" she said warmly. "It really cheered me up...I hope we run into one another again" she said earnestly. She stood up to go and as she passed him she nuzzled his shoulder in a friendly manner "Enjoy the rest of your day" she smiled at him and then walked away at a relaxed pace, heading back toward the waves.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel froze a little for only just a second at her touch, remembering the first time they had contact. But it was a different feeling then before, one that comforted him. Something that let him know he still had a friend. "Yeah...it was...it was nice seeing you too." As she passed off, for once his sight did not follow. His feelings had been confusing as of late, as had the case of this friendship. Where many one night stands ended in no contact at all, this one ended in a friendship.