Bearclaw Valley oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home?
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

reigi was confused.

alexander had offered her a home within the confines of the valley and opened its secrets to her without hesitation.  he had not chased her with teeth and fury once she had started exploring the internal territories that had been so mysterious to her, and had yet to punish her for anything.

they had fought together side-by-side and tended each others wounds, and he had satisfied her emotionally with a depth she had previously thought out of her reach.

she loved him.

well no, not really.  not yet.  not in the sense that those with higher functioning could achieve. not real, true love.  instead it was something bordering between respect and obsession, but she didn't know that.

she woke in the morning with these thoughts on her mind and him absent from her side.  although she did not like being under his constant watchful eye, she did enjoy his company most of the time (especially as of late, since their play led to other things).  she wondered how long he had been gone, and she followed his scent with a casual gait.

there was something else in the air as well.  it was distinctly female and clouded everything, although it seemed that it wasn't just coming from her anymore. that she was content to ignore until it entwined with that of the man that had claimed her.  bristling, her lip raises as her pace quickens and as she rounds on them she halts entirely.

oh.

honestly, what else did she expect?  it was instinct, something she was intimately familiar with, and she could not fault him for acting upon it.  but still the thoughts crept up — was her company not good enough for him?  it had felt different with him, but maybe he was still like the others had been.

just because someone is gentle with you does not mean that you are special.

she is dangerous in mind as she approaches the pair, brazenly wagging her tail to throw around that intoxicating heat-scent as she lets out a low growl.  it is not threatening but it is certainly.. something else.

perhaps she can seduce him once more and lead him to the relative safety of their den.  but then what?  if she could have understood him earlier, she'd know he might appreciate being prevented from making another mistake.

but she didn't.  so for now, the announcement of her arrival and wafting of her scent (and receptivity) would have to do.

3/3
Messages In This Thread
RE: oh holy ghost, how have i wandered so far from my home? - by Reigi - February 10, 2018, 05:20 PM