The Floodlands a seal didn't bite your linus off, did it?
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt shook his head, but that was really his only response to his sister's first exclamation.  He had grown, and there were a lot of things she didn't know.  Things that now he likely wouldn't get the chance to tell her; and maybe that was fine.  If he had changed, she had become a completely different person in the time they'd been apart.  He hardly recognized this Finley... old Fin would have never accepted being too old for anything.  They were going to be 9 years old and still raising hell, right? Old Fin would have laughed in his face and responded that she didn't think much of him either.

This pack... they didn't share his humor.  Everything was live or die, serious all the time, and this was what really grated him, deep down.  He didn't want to watch what he said, he was too fucking old to change for them.  The few times he'd talked with Towhee, it was clear there was a disconnect.  And now that she led, and Fin had changed, and Elwood was the way he was... Quixote was the only one he could really let loose around.  What kinda a pack was that for a guy?

"I asked Elwood, because obviously I didn't know you had decided you were too old.  I guess I do give you more credit than you do."  He sighed, and turned from her slightly, not meeting her face anymore.  "Truth is, Fin, it's probably not even that.  I just don't fit here.  I've tried.  But I've got this notion that a pack should like you for you.  All this is showin me is that isn't the case here."  Yeah he'd fucked up a little. But if he couldn't jibe his packmates, raise a little hell, and have them give back just as good in return, then he wasn't going to be happy.  

He'd grown some, but he wasn't willing to grow up that much.  It made him more than a little sad that she had.
Messages In This Thread
a seal didn't bite your linus off, did it? - by Finley - April 24, 2018, 05:16 PM
RE: a seal didn't bite your linus off, did it? - by Colt RIP - April 26, 2018, 08:35 PM