Heron Lake Plateau impossible to actualize an honest diagnostic
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
At first, Fin had thought she was just dreaming. She was in part, for a little while at least. You know how sometimes you're half asleep and you start hearing things going on and they get incorporated into your dreams? It was like that. She was dreaming of taking on a pack of bucks with Colt at her side, only they were young and spry and totally not at all in over their heads in the fight. But when they had engaged, the deer began to snarl and shout in wolf voices. Voices that reminded her very much of her kids. So much that by the time Fin awoke, the deer were covered in silver and white, and only of them had a clover-shaped patch of dark fur on its hip, an awful lot like...

Clover?

Fin's eyes opened slowly at first, then snapped wide the moment she realized something was wrong. The voices were not in her head - they were outside of her den, and it was more than just her girls. Titmouse was here, and... Yeah. Fin growled a warning to the boys to stay put before emerging from their burrow to see what in all the hells was going on.

"Stand down, girls!" she barked at the pair as she strode up and stepped between them and their presumed enemies, her tail and head flung high authoritatively, "Let's all just take it down a damn notch or five; I've got kids sleeping over there." She shot a frown at her daughters before turning it towards Titmouse and his girlfriend. Her eyes narrowed.

"You guys are uncomfortably close to my den," she informed them, guessing that was likely the whole problem - they didn't realize there was a rule here that they had broken, "Towhee let you in and I'm willing to give you both a chance to earn my trust, but until you do, you keep your distance from my den and my pups, alright?" She kept her voice steady as she spoke, without anger or accusation. It was a warning, not a threat. All the work she had put into trying to give Towhee some confidence in her ability to lead would be poorly spent if she was to spit on her decision to let Titmouse and his little gang into their ranks. She may not like that she'd done it, but it was done now. She would give him a chance. Besides, he had been her son.. once upon a time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: impossible to actualize an honest diagnostic - by Finley - April 26, 2018, 06:03 PM