Heron Lake Plateau got gas in the tank
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
forward dated to the 27th (? is that the right date? idk? saturday)

somewhere along their journey, tegan had suddenly gotten into his head that he needed some hoes. 

like, okay, listen, that was like-- a thing, apparently. cause it hadn't occurred to him that raven and quixote weren't mates, and now that he was thinking about it... no one had told them that they were... so, were they? did quixote seriously just get to like smash and then go about his life? not that tegan knew what sex was but... he kind of felt like there was something naughty about puppy-having(making? he doesn't know) that sounded somewhat desirable. 

but like! that totally makes him super dope. tegan really had to get in with this guy, like seriously.and so he went to the one person he'd ever known to be cool (besides quixote).

@Colt.

because finley had mentioned before her brother had been a ~player~ back in the day-- another reason tegan had come to the conclusion he needed to pick up some broads. maybe not but, also totally. so he sought out his uncle with a rabbit in his jaws (something he'd actually caught, wow), eager to ask a thousand questions about the art of being a womanizer, since it was the one social skill tegan had yet to master.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt was easy enough to find.  He'd gone on a nice run out of the territory that morning and picked up a bird or two in the process, a few feathers of which were still clinging to his coat.  Now he had found a patch of sun and was chillin in it.

He was half napping when Tegan walked up, rabbit on hand and looking like he wanted something.  "What's up?" He asked, rolling over to a more Sphinx-like pose and yawning broadly.  It was the perfect day to be napping, honestly, but he was glad to see Tegan had made it back.  "Hear you went on a nice runaround."
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"uncle colt!" tegan chirped, tossing the rabbit to the grey wolf and plopping himself onto his rump before him, "i did! it was great, but i got bigger problems." tegan wasn't one to beat around the bush, especially when it came to family. so, here he went.

"my street cred is sufferin cause i don't have any broads, and mom said you've got a way with girls," he said, getting straight to the point. to clarify, tegan stuck up his nose a bit and added, "not here for the lovey dovey shit that clover's into, i don't want a girl, i want a whole team of em. i need em right where i want em." yeah, or something like that. but anyway, tegan had a way of always getting his way-- typically with charm-- but ladies? eh. another story. he thought he was pretty well off, but he needed a step up on everyone else, and colt was just the wolf that could help him.

he shot his uncle a big grin, tail tapping hopefully. "what do you say? will you give me some pointers?"
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Mmmm.  Colt listened as his nephew detailed the plan, but he tried to keep his face neutral, despite how fuckin funny everything Tegan was saying was.  Did he even know what to do with a 'broad' if he got one? 

He'd been the same, at that age, but he'd had a friend to run with.  Hawkin had had his issues (major issues, major) but he'd been a hell of a dude friend-wise and they'd learned a lot together.  Tegan didn't seem to have that, so Uncle Colt would need to do the duty! Besides, Elwood, teach Tegan the proper way with the ladies? Pfft.  Not at this stage.  

"Alright.  Rule one - don't call em broads, least not where they can hear."  He said, winking.  "But the rest, hell yeah I can teach you.  Everything I know."  Which was a considerable amount, because back when, he'd been hella killer with the ladies.  The blackthorn face and cocksure walk helped.

Which... "Most important thing is confidence.  You gotta know you deserve them, and the question is, are they worth your time.  You give off that vibe, you're halfway there."
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
!!! uncle colt was so fucking cool! excited, tegan dropped into a playbow before perking back up and listening intently, tail wagging a mile a minute. "okay, bet," tegan said, he probably didn't already know that but he'd never really had opportunity to call any girl a 'broad' ... so, whatever. 

"i deserve everything," tegan said straight faced, because he totally did, and therefore step one would be easy. but, the question? hm. tegan thought on it for a moment before asking, "okay so, how do you know if they're worth it? cause i don't want just anyone-- they gotta give me major street creds, uncle colt." 
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Well, that was easy.  Fuck he was a cocky bastard, wasn't he?  Of course Colt would never call him that out loud, but inwardly he was proud as shit of it.  Hell yeah little Blackthorn, you do deserve everything.  Chip off the ol block.

And asking the real questions too.  Not bothering to hide how impressed he was with the level of interest, Colt considered the question carefully.  "I've never really thought about it... I think you gotta see em to know em. You see a girl, and you think - does this one impress me?  Those are the ones to chase."  He smirked.  "Me? I always liked the ones that made me chase a little.  Some made it too easy... less fun that way."  He hoped Tegan would be the type who was up for a challenge, and not the type to settle for any girl that would give him the time of day.  He assumed from the responses he had gotten so far, that that was the case, but never really knew!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
tegan nodded as colt explained. this all made sense. had he met anyone who had that thing about em? he wasn't sure-- his experience with girls was very limited. easy was pretty cool, as far as he was concerned. he'd never seen anyone with a coat like hers, but she was also sort of burly and manly. but was that the point? he was way outta her league, by this definition, and so perhaps he had her wrapped around his paw.

interesting, would put more thought into it later.

"sounds doable," tegan replied thoughtfully, a soft sigh escaping as he was still debating what girls he should go after. most of the wolves here were family, which meant he'd have to high tail it outta the plateau to look for some babes. okay, one final question. 

"what's easy mean? like-- girls that'll... like..." tegan paused to try to word it eloquently, cause he was trying to show his uncle that he was dead fuckin serious about this shit, but there was simply no way to put it kindly, so tegan shrugged and was as blunt as day, "girls that'll put out way too quickly?" i mean, he was young but towhee taught him all the sex stuff so he was basically a master at this point. when the day came that tegan actually had sex it'd be a fuckin wild ride, lemme tell you, but he wouldn't dare slip up once and let free that he wasn't a pro.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
He was quick, an obviously at least knew a thing or two if he knew what putting out was.  Colt nodded.

"Chicks'll make you think they don't want it, but some will be desperate, and it shows.  I'm not sayin you shouldn't take the ones that are eager, I just wasn't much for it.  Don't know where all they've been, for one.  And for another, hardly raises your cred much if the chase is too easy."  This little speech wasn't exactly advice (and oh boy) but it was the mantra of a younger Colt, and he stood by it now, much as he might be wiser and older.  Heart and, well, other parts.... they want what they want.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
right, right. this all made sense to tegan. if he didn't already make the correct assumptions himself, at least now he had concrete explanations for everything. this advice? crucial to his plans. he'd get this done one way or another, but having colt's expertise was really putting him ahead of the curve. he nodded solemnly, thinking hard, before his ears pricked and he turned to his uncle happily. 

"alright, bet! all love, uncle colt, imma head out, thanks!" he said with a bright little tegan-wiggle and then dipped his head and booked it away! cause now he had shit to plan! colt would understand.

tegan out! wrapping up some threads so i can make new ones <3
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Bet? All love? Well he got the gist.  Colt nodded and watched him leave with a grin, happy to assist and eager to see how his nephew managed.  There was something fun it seemed in giving advice and seeing how it turned out... a bit like taking bets.  He had no doubt Tegan would manage just fine.