Wapun Meadow Childish Things
1 Posts
Ooc — Namara
A proud pack member was one way to describe Shade at that moment. He held his head high, trotting around, watching and waiting. Patrolling the borders was his one pride and joy; nothing would ever change that, at least not in his mind. The dark male’s amber eyes fell upon a tree that he passed often from the borders. He gazed up to the setting sun on the horizon, pausing for a brief moment with a smile on his muzzle.

It was crazy, just the way life moved, and it had already been two years since his birth… oh how far he had come in those two years. He knew in his heart he could never give up looking for Shadowstorm. A small smile that had soon faded, the gleam in his eyes disappeared, a hiss when he thought that he scented another wolf, but realized his mistake. The scent was very faded, and so he continued on with his patrol, looking for something special, something…. Noticeable… came to view.
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#643f04">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#624008">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5e410c">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5b4210">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#584314"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#544418">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#51461c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e4720">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4a4824">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#474928">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#444a2c">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#404b30">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d4c33"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#394d37">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#364e3b">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#334f3f">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2f5043">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2c5147"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#29534b">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#25544f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#225553">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1f5657">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1b575b">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#18575e">t</FONT></i></span>
1 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
*snags* oh hai. :-) also, don't mind Ru he's kind of a butt sometimes, lol.

Arux was too much like his father. Suluk had desired Arux that way, after all; and when you’re raised to think a certain way, you start to become what you’re molded into. The morning was warm, slightly cool from the night before, dew sticking stubbornly to the blades of grass giving the green infection a shimmering quality. Sharp, fierce ice blue eyes took in the landscape around him, trying to familiarize himself with the pack lands he was now apart of. It was infinitely strange, to know that he was under the rule of someone other than his War Lord father. There was an ache for Ikkuma in his heart, but the War Prince had been sent out on a mission; that was all there was. The mission. He could not return to Ikkuma, barred from it’s borders until he found what it was that Suluk had sent him out to seek, using the guidance of the Bear Gods: Atka and Sos, to help him find it. The monotone colored yearling moved with a regal gait that he’d adopted from mimicking Suluk’s precise movements as a child as Arux explored the unfamiliar meadow.

The scent of another, though definitely a pack member, he, too, was new like Arux, judging by his scent, at least, was caught on a slight breeze as it lifted, pricking the interest of Arux’s leathery, black nostrils. Caution took old of the Kesuk yearling in that moment, as he studied the strut of the other, with an audible snort of mocking amusement. Watching the other man strut around like a peacock attempting to attract a mate was amusing to Arux, if only because the cruel boy thought that someone of higher rank should put him decidedly in his place. They all were at the bottom, under Alo, and as much as Arux detested such a low, poor man’s rank, he understood how hierarchy’s worked and had no qualms with earning his way up the ranks. It was bizarre that he had decided to stay in Ookaan, if only because they nature of the pack barely fit Arux at all; and while Arux was not sure how well he would do here, he figured he could, likely, learn a thing or two.

“Why do you strut so inherently arrogant?” Indeed, though Arux himself harbored a fierce pride in his lineage, he attempted to reign it in here. No one knew of the Kesuk name -- it’s weight did not bear down upon those residing here -- not yet, anyway. Pride could easily be perceived as arrogance, and Arux called things as he saw them.