Mount Apikuni What if I say I will never surrender?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 

Kavik had been woken late into the night by a bad dream. Once coherent, he sat up and was at once incredibly grateful that what he had just experienced had only been a dream. He looked down at his sleeping mate and with a gentle nuzzle so as not to wake her, he stood up. He also looked for Illidan to make sure he hadn't woken as he usually slept nearby and found him close to Liri and fast asleep. A quick glance around told him that everyone else appeared to still be asleep as well.

He quietly made his way through their little camp and padded into the trees. Once far enough away to not disturb anyone, he silently started to do a patrol of sorts. It wasn't his usual fast, efficient patrol. Instead, he settled on a brisk walk. The pace was fast enough to help take his mind off things, but also let him take in the night-clad scenery. Occasionally, he heard the scattering of the little creatures as he got too close to wherever they were, but he wasn't out here to hunt, so he paid them no mind. Kavik was content to continue moving though the trees and enjoying the cool night air.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig’s eyes opened when she heard/sensed nearby movement. She tended to be a light sleeper, as if her brain could never quite shut off its need to check the safety of a location. And since they had not claimed this mountain as their own, they were a bit exposed out here. There were a lot of them now, in the group, and they could probably take care of themselves if they were attacked. And yet, Grezig still felt on edge. Perhaps it was more simply impatience about wanting to find a home that kept her up at night. She had been on edge for some time.

She lifted her head off of her paws silently, watching a shadow move away from the group and towards the trees farther away. A sniff in its direction told her that the shadow was Kavik. Curious, and unable to fall back asleep now, she stood and followed, but at a distance, wanting to give him a bit of space before she barged into… whatever he was doing. She was not following him to be nosy, but he’d woken her up, after all (however unintentionally) and she found that she enjoyed his company. She wondered if he would speak to her now or want her to leave him in peace. 

He was moving fairly quickly now, so she decided to catch up to him and gave a quiet chuff. He had probably heard her already, but just in case, she did not want to startle him out here in the dark.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The sounds of Grezig's footsteps reached Kavik's ears before her chuff did. Realizing it was his packmate as her scent filled his nose, he stopped and turned. Grezig, he said with a nod of his head. He silently wondered why she was also up at this hour. Maybe she also couldn't sleep.

What brings you out here so late? Kavik asked a little concerned. He couldn't he help it; he felt responsible for everyone now that they had pledged themselves to his and Liri's cause, and he constantly worried about their health and safety. Seeing that he was particularly fond of Grezig, she had definitely earned his protection, which was why he felt compelled to ask his question. Anxiety and stress was what kept him up at night, and Kavik hoped that wasn't the case for her.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
He responded to her presence with his usual stoicism, and did not seem to mind her company, so she came closer. He asked her what brought her out here so late, and her ears turned sideways along her head. “Actually… you woke me up,” she said, with a tiny smile. “I do not mind; I am a light sleeper. I admit I followed you to see if I could speak with you for a while, since I am now wide awake.” She tilted her head in a questioning way, asking him silently if he would mind conversing with her. If not, she would simply return to the group and fall asleep probably in an instant.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik's eyebrows drew together in concern. I apologize, he said, feeling bad for waking her up. He had tried to move quietly through his sleeping packmates, but apparently he had not been quiet enough. 

He gave a nod at her request and asked, What's on your mind tonight? Kavik wondered if she was worried about anything or had any input on pack dynamics. She seemed to always be willing to offer another point of view on things, which he was thankful for. He had a lot to worry about currently, and he was glad there was another pair of eyes keeping watch over the pack. He began moving again as he spoke, keeping his pace at a walk as he waited to see what she needed to talk about.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig shook her head at Kavik’s apology. “No need,” she said simply. Kavik had never done a single thing to annoy her and waking her up accidentally wasn’t going to change that. He asked her what was on her mind, and she sort of just sat there, staring at him dumbly. “I am… not sure. I had no thought of what we might speak about if you allowed me to keep you company.” She shrugged and looked up at the night sky through the trees, trying to think of something to say. She had no questions for him at this time about the pack. It was taking longer than she’d expected to settle down, but she did not mind. The group was cohesive and that mattered more to her than having strict borders to call home.

Finally, her mind landed in a strange place, but the thought made her smile for a moment. “Would you spar with me tomorrow?” she asked, looking at him again. “I’d like to keep my training up so that I can be of use if there is a real fight.” Besides, someone as big as Kavik… she wondered what he could do, himself.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Well, why don't you help me finish my patrol. It was going to be a quick one anyway. He had just needed some time to clear his mind a little before going back to sleep. If Grezig decided she had something she needed to talk about, he would be glad to listen, otherwise, he knew she would be fine with a silence.

When she asked if he would spar with her, Kavik nodded and replied, Of course. He was happy to help her keep up her fighting skills; it was important to have pack members who were ready and able to help him protect everyone if needed.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig nodded her assent at helping Kavik with his patrol, falling into step beside him. They were silent for a time, which was fine with her. She enjoyed the smells and sights of the night, took solace in the quietude. A thought flitted across her mind for just a moment—that, if Kavik had not been mates with Liri, he could be a good mate for her—but she brushed it aside immediately. Grezig was not a home-wrecker and she respected Liri just as much as Kavik. She was sure someone would come along one day who would be right for her. Besides, she wasn’t very romantic, and would probably only want a steady mate for pups.

She shook her head hard to get her out of this train of thought and thanked him for agreeing to spar with her. “I look forward to it,” she said. And they continued on their patrol.

[Exit.]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik gave her a polite nod in response to her thanks. He hadn't sparred in a while and was looking forward to his spar with Grezig.

The rest of their patrol went quickly and silently, neither of them picking up anything alarming or out of place. He would be glad to leave this place and be on to the next part of their journey. Once they were done, Kavik motioned that he was going to head back, eager to be back in his spot next to Liri, and they both made their way back to camp.
I'm no good without you