Barrow Fields her face is the lunch meat, my hands are the bread: smackwich!
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
It’s awkward and exhausting watching a child. Mallaidh isn’t so sure she’s up for the task of motherhood anytime soon (of course, not that she could, but). She barely has her own life figure out and with a child for a day or two makes it more than obvious she’s a little over her head. Her experience with puppies is next to nothing, barely into adulthood herself. But it is not how she feels that matters, as long as Kiwi returns safely to her home. And she doesn’t have to see Wildfire. 

In the distance, she can see the redwoods, but she slows to a stop in the fields. Her head turns toward the direction of the sound and lingers there a moment. She hasn’t seen Ingram in so long, and wonders briefly if he found his sister and if things have gone back to normal. Perhaps she’d linger a while after, if she isn’t chased off, to find him. 

She takes in a deep breath and turns to @Kiwi with a reassuring smile, but doesn’t go further—instead, lifting her nose and calling for @Blixen and hoping they’re close enough to draw only the necessary attention.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

it's one thing when a grown-up goes missing -- it's another thing entirely when it's a baby, and not just any baby but her baby sister. blix knows better than to run off and try to look for her by herself, what with her inability to get back to drageda on her own should she get lost and with nomi still healing. someone has to stay and try to console her parents and keep things together.

that does not mean she is not on high alert, keeping her ears peeled for news. at first the call brings elation and fear -- because of course she assumes it's about kiwi, why else would she be called for -- except a) why would someone who found kiwi be calling for her specifically and b) holy shit that's furi, she knows that sound anywhere.

the shilkru takes off like a cadium lighting streak, forgetting to breathe until she nearly falls over her own feet in front of of her ex, her eyes landing right on -- "kiwi," she breathes, "oh thank god." she's alive! and seems unharmed! "what happened? where did you go? how did you find her?" the last question directs to furi, blixen's entire body shifting suddenly towards the other girl as if she's only just remembered she's there -- and now that she's remembered it she can't make herself look away.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi plodded after Mallaidh, considering complaining because her paws hurt and this was such a loooong way to go, why... but also unable to because she was more than able to walk all this way by herself.  She was an explorer now!  She'd spent an entire night away from the pack (give or take, timelines yo) and who else of any of her siblings could say that?! None of them!

She did miss them though... Nomi and mom and Bat and Silkie and Tux and everyone.  So when they finally stopped, and her sister was called for, Kiwi waited eagerly for any sign.

And when Blixen showed up, she bounded towards her, practically pouncing on her.  "Me n Bat we're explorin, and I found a big river! And even bigger rocks!"  She shoved her nose in Blixen's side, tail thumping a mile a minute.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
The fiery figure in the distance materializes and Mallaidh holds her breath, unable to tell if it is Blixen or her mother. If Wildfire is the one to find them, with her missing child, she can’t imagine what the mother might do to her. A huge sigh of relief escapes her when she notices Blixen’s distinct features—primarily the way her frantic steps bring her almost crashing into them—and she steps back, giving the sisters a chance for a proper reunion.

Blixen’s frantic questions are answered by the oblivious child, a smile forcing to her features. A cute kid, a lot of spirit.

“I found her with a stranger. She was trying to climb a wall,” she says, licking her lips. “Near the mountain range.” Mallaidh points with her nose in the general direction before swinging back. “She stayed with us on the ridge for the night and I brought her right here.”
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

her eyes are torn from furi's face as kiwi bounds toward her, curling slightly protectively around her just to double check. all her limbs and assorted bits are there and she sounds fine. "you scared us, kiddo," blix sighs, no real scolding in her voice -- that's mom's job as far as she's concerned. furi offers more details and she looks up, catching immediately on the sight of her again -- were it not for kiwi's small body pressed against her's she would forget the child is there.

"thank you," blixen says, and swallows. "i dunno what we'd do if you hadn't found her. are your friends still with you then?" furi said 'us' but who knows what us means.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
feel free to skip me!

Kiwi didn't have much to add, and now that she was back, she was content to just snuggle against/under her sister while the two caught up.  The long walk had tired her out, honestly, and she was drooping a bit as she half-listened to what they were saying.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
She can’t help the smile that forms on her features at the sisterly reunion. When was the last time she saw Eirlys? How great would it have been if she’d stuck around? Maybe, if she convinced her siblings to join Drageda (how can she forget about how different she’d been then? Mallaidh who?), she wouldn’t have left in the first place. And for a moment, she forgets where she is.

Blixen starts quickly with the questions and Mallaidh looks back up, waving her tail.

“It’s just me and Saarthal now,” she tells her without further explanation. Varinril is still a tender topic and she hadn’t seen Max in days. “We’d stopped on horizon ridge for a few days but,” she breaks off, shrugging awkwardly.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

kiwi seems relatively unperturbed by her adventure outside of drageda, thankfully, and so blixen does not mind lingering -- really she wants to keep furi as long as furi will let her keep her. after their last conversation she didn't know if she'd get another chance (despite her efforts to find her) so -- she's not dumb enough to let it go to waste. 

saarthal she does remember, but there had been two others -- the quiet one who's name she hadn't got, and max. blixen likes max. a small frown twists her mouth briefly, hoping that their parting was amicable at least, or nothing happened to the girl who'd helped her heal, but does not address it -- more interested in their proximity. "oh," the shilkru says, wondering -- hoping -- not daring to ask -- if that means they're slowly making their way back towards drageda to stay. after a second she decides to push it, just slightly: "my offer still stands," the redhead murmurs, looking briefly down at kiwi to avoid seeing her ex's expression, "you -- and saarthal -- could both come back with us." she runs her tongue along her lips nervously. she knows it'll be rejected, and last time she'd been somewhat oblique (aside from telling max and them they were welcome before realising furi was with them), but -- they're so, so, close.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Pale eyes linger on the child; she’d been so skeptical at first but it was all worth it, in the end. Even the awkward reunion with Blixen isn’t too bad—maybe they can be civil with one another—and she’s able to let a smile linger on her travel worn features. Blixen extends her hand for Drageda once more and her smile frowns. It is routine at this point, for they both know the answer. Mallaidh doesn’t believe the military pack will accept her back after desertion but for a little while, she can pretend it’s real.

“I’m not ready,” she says and twists her lips. Kiwi isn’t paying much attention and she feels comfortable being honest. Maybe next time. “I am only here because I had to make sure she got home safe. I should probably get back.”
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
Pack Activity 

she'd been braced for furi's refusal -- when it comes she does not let her expression change beyon a grim determination in her eyes. she'd been stupid to take furi for granted, too oblivious to the world around her. now that she knows that -- she's willing to work for it. 

blixen nods and straightens up, using a paw to pull kiwi along with her. "when you are ready," the shilkru says, nodding, "any time." she doesn't know that furi thinks she won't be welcomed back -- why wouldn't she after her and her friends helped blixen in her time of need and, now, returned kiwi to them? she'd not told nomi she was natrona (hardly the first time she's lied to protect furi, come to think of it) but even if she had she would be willing to go to bat for her ex. and her friends.

there's nothing really left for them to talk about but she wants to linger. "um," she says, "it's good to see you. i should probably take her back, but..." awkwardly she shuffles her feet, "i hope -- well. don't .. don't be a stranger, okay?"
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh doesn’t look a gift horse in the mouth. She smiles and nods, as if it’s possible she has a chance. Maybe Blixen has some pull with Heda. It would be normal to favor the leader’s children but her impression has always been a little bit different. In her experience, Drageda isn’t like the other packs.

She is glad Blixen doesn’t try to hold her back but she lingers in position a moment longer.

“I’ll see you around,” she decides to say, ears twitching, and she turns to leave.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
sliight pp, i can change if  needed~

it takes all of her strength to not try to pull furi close to her, to not make an impassioned case. but she's growing and she's learning and if there's anyone worth learning for, it's furi. so she bites her tongue and smiles weakly, unable to stop the fluttering of hope in her chest at i'll see you around. there's a promise in that, or at least a gesture toward a promise, and it's -- not enough, but for now? it'll have to do. "right, see you," the shilkru echoes, gathering @Kiwi into her mouth by the scruff so that she can hurry them back to the safety of drageda -- and let everyone know her sister is okay.