Stone Circle Abandon all your logic and put your money on it
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 

The nights were starting to get cold, but Brynn enjoyed the brisk air as she ran her nightly patrol around the borders of Easthollow. Cold didn't begin to explain the winters of her home, so she wasn't worried about what the winters here would be like. Not only was she well equipped to deal with the cold, but she had a pack, and they would help each other stay warm and fed. 

Last winter, Brynn was not so fortunate; she was alone and grieving, doing everything she could to survive. Winter in the mountains was not easy on a lone wolf, and there were a few times she wasn't sure she would live to see the spring. She had survived, though, and was stronger because of it. Now, she had a pack to protect and borders to patrol and this winter didn't seem as daunting as the last.

As she came to a familiar grouping of trees, she brushed up against them and left her scent there as she did most days. There were a few areas scattered across the borders where she made sure to leave her scent often; she didn't want there to be any mistaking that this area was claimed. Once she was satisfied with her marking, she began walking again, the cool night and the prospect of a better winter causing a feeling of contentment to bloom in her chest.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Venus trotted through the trees, her mind filling with emotions and thoughts. I finally joined a pack, yet I told Valette I didn't need to stay around the borders and yet, here I am. Venus flared her nose in annoyance. She found herself at the border of the territory, she felt more comfortable there and avoided the packs patrols. The young female needed to get her mind straight, her stride was rapid and she kept her head low. However the female didn't want to appear as a threat to the other pack mates, she was just a little nervous about meeting them. I have to stay strong, I can't show these wolves that I am a scared little pup. Venus lifted her eyes, her head slowly rising in confidence, the thought that she had earlier when she was speaking with Valette rang in her ears. Vespera.... That was my nickname that my mother gave me, the meaning is the same as my real name... but my real name has too many painful memories attached to it. Venus's stride came to a halt below a large tree, with looming shadows. Her paws ached from all of the scurrying around the borders, and her mind was in need of reassuring. Her chest heaved a heavy sigh, her paws scratched the ground, the open space of the territory was nice, but she was still distant of the other wolves. Venus sat on the cool grass, the breeze of the night cooling her fur, and the moonlight gave her enough light to see in front of her. She scanned her surroundings with her deep purple gaze. She was alone. Good, now I can finally collect my thoughts, and maybe start a new life...? The young female shook her head, she knew she had to show her pack mates that she could take care of herself. But her thoughts were interrupted by a scent filling her nose. She quickly perked her head and her ears, could it be a lone wolf? or a pack mate that I never met?  She tried not to get defensive and attack, but her mind and instinct took control of her actions. Venus stood, fur prickling slightly and her stance powerful. She didn't meet any of her pack mates yet, but this wolf approaching could be a lone wolf. A low growl rumbled in her throat, If I am going to live in this pack, might as well at least try to protect it. Her thought gave her confidence, and she was ready to attack if this wolf was a trespasser.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Ugh, super sorry for the wait.

Brynn picked up the scent of the unfamiliar wolf and immediately began to follow the trail to its source. She was soon met with with the sight of an aggressively postured female. Not only was she growling at Brynn, but she was insider her territory. Was this wolf for real? She was the stranger, so why was she growling at her? Walking to stand in front of the female, she pressed her ears to her head, flagged her tail assertively, and fixed her with a powerful glare. This is pack territory. Do you have a reason to be inside the borders? Brynn asked, her lip curling a little and crinkling the scar that ran horizontally across her muzzle. She did very frequent patrols and had not picked up this wolf's scent anywhere and had definitely never seen her before. All Brynn knew was that the female had better have a good explanation for being inside the borders if she wanted to leave in one piece.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Venus's tail moves back in forth in a slow rhythm. This wolf asks if I have a reason to be here, no I obviously don't... i'm just standing here for convenience. Venus's growl silenced, she noticed the strange female in front of her was also showing signs of aggression. She asks if I know this is territory, so she must be a pack mate I have never met. Venus rolled her eyes and relaxed her stance, "Oh no, I totally don't have a reason to be here, i'm just standing here because I like this tree" Venus responded with as much snark as possible. The young female frowned while raising her eye brows giving a, are you serious look. Venus shook he pelt, "I wouldn't be here if your Alpha hand't asked me too" she commented, slightly flaring her nose. What does she know anyway?  Venus realized that her own thoughts sounded childish, maybe she was being a little unfair to this unknown female. I guess I might as well try to be social, for Valette's sake. Venus gritted her teeth, "you must be a pack member of East Hollow right?" Venus tried to smile, but it came out a bit more awkward then she intended. This is just cringe, I'm embarrassing myself and boy do I hate it. Venus cut the smile, her face muscles were hurting. She stared at the female, Venus felt a small smirk come across her face. She was ready for anything, an attack, a conversation, her muscles tensed a little but still showed relaxed. I have to be in control of the situation, or else this female might think i'm a weak pup. 

(Lol its fine)
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Relaxing her body language a little, Brynn raised an eyebrow at the snarky retort. Again, was this wolf for real? Even if she was, in fact, a new pack member, was that really how she was going to make a first impression? Aggression and snark? How long had this wolf been on her own? Brynn certainly hadn't survived on her own by being inflammatory to wolves she had never met before. All of that aside, she knew how overwhelming it was to be in a new pack, and maybe the female just didn't handle change very well. But still.

Eyebrow still raised, but with no other outward sign of her irritation, Brynn said, Some wolves don't respect marked borders. I was patrolling, and it is my job to make sure no strangers make it past our borders. Her yellow gaze studied the other wolf for a minute before adding, I have neither seen nor scented you before, so naturally, I'm going to question you being here. But, it seems you are just a new packmate. She could never be too careful when guarding the territory. She was even more on edge about strangers ever since her fight with the irritating male not too long ago that had left her with a rather large scar across her muzzle. Regardless, this wolf was packmate and so she deserved her protection. With a nod of her head, she said, I'm Brynn. Welcome to Easthollow.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Venus snorted, her purple gaze resting on the female now called Brynn. Venus wanted to respond to the female with the my name is scenario, but the female hesitated. She opened her jaws to tell Brynn her name, however all that came out was, "my name is..." She stopped herself before she could finish the sentence. Venus doesn't sound right anymore.... the name has to many painful memories attached  to it, my own name doesn't even feel right to me anymore. Venus closed her jaws, she didn't want to leave an awkward silence between the two females, but she was having a mental debate over her own name. The young female exhaled, she was looking stupid and unsure of herself in front of a new pack mate, this was not the impression she wanted to make for Brynn. Looking insecure. But then, she remembered her mental debate that she had with herself when she met Valette, and before she met Brynn. Vespera, the nickname my mother gave to me, it means the same thing as Venus so it won't make much of  a difference. Venus put a confident look on her face, her ears up and her stance strong, "my name is Vespera, I am obviously new to the EastHollow." She took a deep breath, "nice to meet you Brynn." Ehhh that was cringy for me, but at least I am trying to socialize. I hope your happy Valette, I am doing my best but its hard not to act snarky and sarcastic. She shook her fur, her mind a little more at ease.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn watched the other wolf curiously as she began introduce herself but oddly stopped right before she stated her name. Finally she finished her sentence and said her name was Vespera. Brynn nodded in response, and said, Nice to meet you also. Meeting new wolves was really her least favorite thing to do. It was nothing personal; it was just that it usually came with the same questions about where she came from and why she was here, and Brynn really hated talking about her past. She had only opened up to one wolf about it sense arriving here, and that was hard enough. 

She shifted a bit awkwardly on her front paws. I still have a little patrolling left to do. You can join if you want, she offered, shrugging a little. If her new packmate declined the offer, that was fine, Brynn wouldn't be offended. She never minded company on patrols, though, and it would be a good way to for the new wolf to start learning the territory.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera felt a little better that the female was a little more welcoming, but Vespera wasn't very welcoming either at first. However when the female asked if she wanted to join patrolling with her, her mind froze. The first reaction to pop into her mind was no, but then she paused. Could I? Should I? Would I?  Vespera squinted her eyes a little bit as she was deep in thought. She could just go to make Valette happy because she is trying to socialize or just say no and be on with her life. But a thought had come to her mind, This... Brynn, Im getting a weird sense of familiarity from her... The way she shifted her paws awkwardly a bit... Is she unsure like me?..... Nah. I'm getting ahead of myself, I just barely met and I am already making assumptions of other wolves. While the female had a bit of curiosity of Brynn, the last thing she wanted to do was open up to her. She already did that with Valette, and the regret was biting at her for it.

Vespera changed her expression to a more confident expression. She walked a little closer to Brynn, but not too uncomfortably close to the female. "Yea sure what ever, I'll go," she said with her eye brows slightly raised, trying to act confident. "I guess I could use a tour of the territory" Vespera added while she gracefully walked pass Bryrnn, "Oh but none of that asking about the past thing okay?" she added, looking back at Brynn with a confident, but slightly snarky look in her eyes.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn was a little surprised the female had agreed, but moved to start walking as she moved past her. When she caught up to Vespera's side, she heard her question and gave a small huff. You won't get any of those questions from me, but same goes for you. I don't like to answer those questions either, she replied. She relaxed a little at the request. Now that she knew her packamate wouldn't want to discuss all that past shit, she could show her around the territory with a little more ease instead of nervously waiting for the inevitable questions that came with every new meeting.

She didn't say anything for the first few minutes of their walk. She didn't really feel like this wolf expected her to come up with things to talk about anyway. She did, however, become a little curious about the female's skills. So, do you hunt or fight, or what? Brynn asked turning to look at Vespera as she spoke. It was a harmless question that didn't require any details about her past, so she decided it was probably okay to ask. She wouldn't mind answering it if asked, so she figured that was a good way to judge whether or not it was a safe subject to talk about.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
One of Vespera's ears tilted to the sound of Brynn's voice when she told her that she won't ask, but to also request that the female didn't do the same. Vespera was fine with that, as long as Brynn kept her word, she would do the same. The breeze was cool, and the sound of brunching leaves beneath her paws kept the silence between the two females as they were walking not too awkward. However, after a few minuets of walking through the territory without speaking a word to one another, Brynn had asked her if she had hunted or fought. Vespera tried not to snort as the answer to her seemed obvious, but she decided not to answer with snark as usual, not this time. "Both," the female simply said, not even glancing at Brynn when she answered, but keep both her eyes and ears forward. Vespera kept her stride smooth and clean, her ears twitching at the sounds of the forest, though, she wanted to ask Brynn something, but she didn't know where to start. Without moving her head, she gazed at Brynn, she tried to get an idea on how to keep the conversation going, so her eyes drifted toward the female's muzzle. Vespera blinked as she saw a scar on the muzzle, she had noticed it before, but she did't bother asking about it since she didn't know the female nor cared. However it struck her that she never got a good look at it, and from her knowledge, she must have gotten it from a fight. A fight from what? The question popped in her mind, but she quickly glanced forward before Brynn noticed that she was staring too long, Vespera opened her mouth to ask about it, but quickly closed it again, for she thought it would have to do with something of the female's past. Vespera scrambled in her mind about something to ask her, but this is what she came up with, "When did you join East Hollow, or how long have you been in this pack?" That's the best I can come up with, I just hope it didn't get personal. 
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded her head when the other wolf stated she was both a hunter and a fighter much like herself. Good. We can always use more wolves to help feed the pack and protect the borders, she stated. She was, admittedly, a workaholic, so maybe she would be seeing more of this female than just the random running into packmates. Even when she was on her own, she always kept herself busy, although it was somewhat easier when you were trying to survive. Now, she was motivated not only by the need to keep the pack safe and fed, but also the need to never be alone too long with her thoughts.

Some more time passed in silence while they continued their walk along the borders. She felt the female's eyes on her at one point, but didn't think much of it. When the question finally came from her new packmate, Brynn shrugged a little. Not too long. I arrived here in the spring, she answered. The memories surrounding the reason she came were not something she was fond of thinking about, but she didn't mind the question. It wasn't Vespera's fault that the man she had followed back and fell for turned out to be an asshole. Pushing the unwanted thoughts from her mind, she turned to the other wolf and asked, Did you explore the area any before coming to Easthollow? The valley that held their territory was really beautiful, and Brynn enjoyed venturing out every once in a while to explore.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's ears were turned towards Brynn, but the female still looked forward, she didn't want to run into anything. For once, I don't feel like acting snarky towards Brynn, Iim just feeling lazy and tired right now or maybe there is more to her then she seems. Vespera's curiosity rose as Brynn was telling her that they need more hunters and defenders. Vespera felt a little more important when Brynn had said that, but didn't show any signs of it. After Brynn responded to her first answer, a little silence fell between them, but then Brynn had answered her first question when she had told her that she arrived in the spring. The female didn't feel so new and out of place, but Brynn had still been in the pack longer than she had and knew the territory better than she did. When Brynn had asked her if she explored the territory, Vespera could only laugh a little out loud, "If I did, then I wouldn't be here, I would be frolicking in the flowers," Vespera couldn't help but give a cheeky smirk on her face while she looked at Brynn, she hoped she would see it as a joke. I know I said I wouldn't but it was hard not to. Vespera gave a much more calm smile as she looked forward again, "I was just exploring the borders a little bit, but I guess a tour couldn't hurt," she put a little posh in her tone for the last few words, she didn't want to tell her that she was trying to avoid socialization of the other pack members.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn shrugged and smiled a little at the the other woman's answer. I suppose that's true, she replied back. As they walked, she stopped to rub against a tree and leave her scent there. She did that frequently while out on patrol when she noticed a particular spot lacked enough scent to halt any would be intruders. She may be just a little hyper-vigilant about it, but better safe than sorry, right? 

She nodded when Vespera expressed some interest in getting a tour of the territory. Brynn had become very familiar with every nook and cranny of Easthollow and was definitely up to the task of pointing out its main features. As they began to walk next to the forested part of the territory, Brynn lifted her head towards the skinny, white-trunked trees and said, This is one of my favorite places. I go there to hunt or think. She usually found the woods quiet and empty aside from the small, scurrying woodland creatures that called the forest floor home, so it was perfect for times when she was feeling especially pensive and anti-social. Maybe...we could hunt together sometime, She suggested, flicking her yellow gaze to her packmate briefly before moving it in front of her again. She wasn't the best at being social, but she loved to hunt and always enjoyed having a partner.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
As Vespera and Brynn continued on their little tour, she was surprised at the area that Brynn had showed her, for it had reminded her of her old home. The young female held back the urge to cry and looked at Brynn as she told her that this was her favorite spot to think in, why wouldn't it be? the area is beautiful, the white trees and the sounds of nature are soothing. Vespera felt a warm and relieving feeling in her chest, her mind felt at ease. She silently appreciated Brynn for showing her this by giving her an approving nod and little smile. But her thoughts would be interrupted by the question that was asked by Brynn of hunting together. Immediately Vespera wanted to say 'lets not get ahead of ourselves here' but she paused before she could open her jaw, she realized that this was Brynn's alone time spot, and Vespera could respect that for she also likes alone time. The female gazed at the ground and thought hard about it, she thought it would be a fun and okay idea, but a part of her mind told her to brush it off and forget about it but she restrained. Vespera inhaled and lifted her head to gaze at Brynn, her body took control and Vespera gave a cheeky look, "Hunting wouldn't be So bad, but I don't know if you can keep up, i'm pretty fast and I bet I could take out a bull elk just by looking at it," She jokingly sounded boastful, but her childish mind was giving her a little confidence boost on what she said to the point where she actually believed she could, but she kept it to herself for once.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn raised an eyebrow skeptically. I'm also fast, but that's not the most important thing when hunting. Strategy is more important than speed, especially with a bull elk, she replied. Being fast was helpful, sure, but being able to devise a strategy was imperative, especially when hunting large game with a group. She silently wondered if this wolf had actually ever hunted a bull elk. 

We could attempt a deer or something similar together, but a bull elk would require more than two of us, I'm afraid, she added as she stopped to leave paw prints in an area of soft ground. They would leave a scent and a visual marker for any stranger that happened by this area of their borders. She took a few seconds to lower her nose to the ground and draw in the scents to make sure her scent marker was strong enough. She smelled the familiar scents of her packmates and her own very distinct scent. Once again satisfied with the marker, she started walking again, glancing at Vespera to make sure she was still following. 

They came to the part of the stream that ran near the border, and Brynn motioned to it with her head. If you like to fish, the stream over there always has plenty when the weather is warmer, she explained. She had fished there not long ago with Steph before the weather started getting too cold. Now the brisk air promised winter's imminent arrival.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera's smile turned more awkward as Brynn was going on how fast she was as well and how strategy was most important in hunting. I was only joking....... But her expression soon turned to interest when Brynn mentioned hunting a deer with her, "Deer doesn't sound too bad, I think it would be fun, Its been forever if not ever since I hunted with someone else," Vespera smiled a little, but the sound of hunting a bull elk with more than two made her anxiety rush a little, then she changed her glance towards where they were going. As the two were traveling, Vespera couldn't help but notice the way Brynn was brushing herself on the tree and leaving distinct marks on the ground with her paws. The female gave a little laughing snort to herself and looked away before the female could notice, must be marking the territory, usually wolves do it by the... how should I say, scent marking with their... never mind, I don't know why i'm thinking about or laughing at her strategy. They stopped near a creek when Brynn explained to her about fishing, Vespera's mind felt cheeky so she decided to try and prove herself and catch a fish. She gave a nod to Brynn as acknowledge to her advice about the water temperature and trotted right up to the stream with her tail high and her stride elegant as possible. Vespera didn't have much experience with fishing as no one had taught her how, but she had an idea on how to do it. The young female lowered her body to the ground and smoothly slithered up to the bay of the stream with her paws even on the ground and trying her best to make as little noise as possible. Within seconds she reached the bay with her ears pinned and her eyes looming in the water, luck was on her side when she saw a few fish, some small some large. She couldn't help but lick her chops as she waited for the moment to strike, I'll show you strategy! She thought boastfully to herself, however this thought would cloud her timing, and she saw the one she had eyes on, a large one, was getting away. Vespera's eyes flashed as she lunged forward head first into the stream. The other fish scattered to quickly that they avoided her snapping jaws, but her head remained in the water as she desperately wanted to catch one but of no avail. Vespera was starting to loose oxygen and she felt her lungs screaming but she proceeded, she felt her vision get blurry and her jaws getting tired when something with a smooth texture pass her tongue, she water no time and finally snatched it and she tossed her head up with her chest heaving for air. Her nose flared as she was catching her breath, but when she noticed that she felt the same smoothness in her mouth she realized she had caught the fish. Her face lit up with what little strength she had left as she turned to Brynn and plopped the flopping fish on the ground, "See.... thats... one.... way... on how.. to catch...one," with each word came with heaving but she was proud. However her triumph would only last seconds for she had left her catch unguarded as it flopped back into the stream before Vespera could react. Vespera only noticed at the last second when she heard the water slightly splash, and it was gone. Vespera's jaw dropped and her tongue lolled out in exhaustion, and her pride suddenly flushed and she sat on the ground with a thump of defeat and her head hanging low, "Aw..." Was the only thing that could come out of her exhausted body.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Good. Brynn was glad her new packmate seemed interested in hunting. Her friend had left some time ago, and she hadn't really had anyone to hunt with since then--well, at least someone she felt comfortable around. It would take some time to get there with Vespera, but they both seemed equally socially inept, so she wouldn't have to worry about her weird silences or triggers. 

After telling the female about the stream, Brynn watched as she made her way to the water and waded in enough to put her head below the water level. The hunter figured she was trying to fish, so she watched her, ready to offer advice should she need it. Vespera's head seemed to be under the water for a long time, occasionally making fast, striking movements that she could only assume were attempts at catch a slippery prize. After what seemed too long, Brynn began to get worried that the female had not brought her head back up for air; surely she needed to take a breath by this point. She was about to move forward to investigate the situation when the other wolf pulled her dripping wet face from the water with a fish clasped between her jaws. She dropped the fish on the bank near the stream, and Brynn was about to suggest she end the creature's life before it escapes to swim another day, but Vespera panted words at her. It was too late by the time she had finished speaking; the fish had flopped it's way back into the river. Aw, that sucks, she offered genuinely. Great job catching it, though. It took me many attempts the last time I fished, she explained. Persistence was the key when fishing, and it seemed this girl definitely had that part down.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera gathered enough strength to look at Brynn in the eyes. The young female showed appreciation to her for the bit of encouragement after her embarrassment of trying to catch a fish. The female gave a appreciative nod to the female, and rose to her paws as the water dripped from her cold wet face. Vespera took a strong stance, shaking her fur as water sprayed from every angle from her face. Vespera's purple glance rested onto Brynn, she appreciated the female, but she didn't bother to say it out loud. The female swept her glance across the area, she moved her paws away from Brynn as her body turned with her paws. She paused for a second as the wind blew slowly across her cold face. Vespera looked back at Brynn, "Is there any other place that we can explore? So far.... I'm kind of enjoying myself... for once." Vespera's head turned back to face the other direction, her curiosity seemed to grow, and she couldn't wait for Brynn to show her around more.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She watched and waited patiently as the other wolf shook the water from her face. Brynn thought for a minute when Vespera asked if there were any other places to show her. Have you been to the stones yet? she asked. They were in the center of the territory, and the area they were in was important to the pack. That was where they met for pack meetings or other important activities; it was important that she knew where they were. Plus, they were pretty, and Brynn thought they way they were standing in a circle was very interesting.

Had it been spring or summer, she might stop at the meadow on the way and show her new packmate that as well, but it was nearing winter; the meadow certainly wouldn't look very pretty right now. She would be sure to mention it, though.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera became interested in what Brynn purposed. I have been near the heart of the territory, but I have never seen the stones she is talking about before. Vespera shook her head, "No but I am surprised I haven't seen them before, sometimes I think im slightly blind," the young female laughed to herself. Vespera was enjoying herself more than usual, she enjoyed the presence of Brynn, but the thought of Brynn being not very open like herself, was still lingering in her mind. The young female was feeling nosy, but she restrained her curiosity. Vespera walked ahead of Brynn, "I guess our next stop is the stone," her tone sounding of a mix of cheerfulness and cheekiness as she pointed her muzzle forward, "Lead the way Ms. Tour guide." Vespera had purposely hinted that her last line was a joke as she eagerly waited for Brynn.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded and smiled a little at the female's self-teasing. She then turned and started heading towards the stones. It didn't take them long to arrive in the center of Easthollow, and the hunter slowed and came to a stop and they came up on the stones. She looked at Vespera. This is them. We have pack meetings here sometimes and other important things, she explained as she walked closer to the circle of rocks. She was reminded of her digging adventure with Merrit, one of Valette's pups, and she smiled fondly to herself. She enjoyed spending time with the children, they were easy to be around. 

She looked back to her packmate from the center of the stones. Cool, huh? she asked.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera restrained herself at staring at the stones with awe. This was pretty cool, but she didn't mention it right away. Vespera walked forward a little, gazing at the stones, scanning their stature. The female listened as Brynn explained that this is where pack meetings were held, I wouldn't be surprised if it was, makes sense to me that the pack meeting would be here, its incredible. However Vespera frowned a little, her gaze dropped as her memories seemed to flood into her mind, I was never allowed to attend pack meetings, they all thought it wasn't worth that I was there, I wasn't even allowed to look at the meeting for a split second. And if I didn't know the information, I was blamed for it, even if I wasn't allowed to be there. The young female decided not to dwell on it, she looked up back on the stones of EastHollow. "It makes you wonder how long they have been here..... or even How  they got here." Without thinking, she slowly blurted it out. She walked a little more forward, she felt like she was walking through history. But she snapped out of her thoughts when Brynn said that they were cool. Vespera looked back at Brynn, noticing her smiling face, "yea, they probably did rituals with it in the past." The young female laughed at herself, implying that she was only joking, but she nodded at Brynn, "yea they are something," Vespera gazed back at the stones, continuing to admire them.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Yeah, I've always wondered how they got here, as well, Brynn replied. She had always been very interested in the stones and often came here just to study them and make up theories in her head. She laughed a little at Vespera's comment that they may have been used for rituals. You never know, she answered, still smiling. 

So those are pretty much the main parts of the territory, she said after a minute. She couldn't really think of anything else to show her. She sat down and looked around a little awkwardly. Is there anything else you want to do? the hunter asked. She wasn't sure what else to do, but she didn't want to be rude and just tell the other wolf bye, plus, she didn't really mind her company, she she'd probably agree to something else if the other wolf was up to it. I mean, only if you want to, she quickly added, wanting to make sure her new packmate didn't feel pressured or anything but probably just sounding weird. Oh well, what else was new.
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Vespera looked at Brynn, giving a little nod of appreciation. Vespera may not like to admit it but she didn't mind strolling with Brynn. Vespera probably suspected that they maybe hung around too long and probably needed their "me" time. Vespera listened to Brynn's question, Vespera felt awkward and didn't know how to respond to her quite yet and didn't intentionally want to leave an awkward silence. Vespera cleared her throat and shifted her paws awkwardly, "I mean.... I don't think there is much left for us to do, we would be just standing here till the cows come home by the time I could come up with anything." Vespera laughed to herself a little bit on that last part, but she was hoping that she could tell Brynn that she thought that she had enough social time for the say without offending her. The female stared at the ground to try and find an answer for herself, or try to make an excuse. Geez, this is harder then I pictured in my head, I never actually enjoyed hanging out with someone before... The female sighed, she moved her head so that her eyes could see Brynn, "Im not usually one to say that I enjoy I guess, "socializing" but I didn't mind this at all." Vespera rose to her paws and whipped her head from side to side with ears perked, hoping that no one but Brynn was listening, "don't tell anyone I said that though" her voice was in a whisper and her head low. Vespera craned her head, and looked past the large stones, "I uh.... Got something to do... So uh..." She looked back at Brynn, "Thanks for the tour... Maybe we will cross paths again?" The young female slightly tilted her head, she was hoping that Brynn thought of this as an excuse or something.

This thread has been going on for a while xD Im ready to wrap this up if you want to
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sounds good! Thanks for the thread!

It seemed there wasn't really much else for them to do. Brynn smiled a little at Vespera's self teasing. Her packmate went on the admit she didn't really like socializing, and Brynn could definitely understand that. She huffed a short laugh. I'm not one for socializing either, so I understand, she stated, shrugging a little. And don't worry, your secret is safe with me, she added, smirking a little. 

Brynn nodded at the other female's departing words. It was nice to meet you Vespera, and it was no problem. Maybe we can hunt or spar sometime. The hunter then turned and headed back towards the borders, wanting to leave the territory for a bit. At some point, she stopped to look over her shoulder and give her new packmate a small smile before continuing on her way again.