Heron Lake Plateau and when you wanted me, i came to you
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

The change in subject was welcome.  The coming winter was not something she was eager to think about, at least right now.  Raven's children were not yet old enough to move even if it turned out that everyone agreed with her so she was content to put it on the backburner at least for the time being.

Her paws turned over the earth alongside the Theta, and she was quiet and thoughtful before she responded.  I was born in the Blackthorn clan.  Half of the wolves in this pack are Blackthorns, 'n it was led by some of us for a while.  The other half are Redhawks.  

Her legs moved mechanically, and the beginnings of Caiaphas' den was beginning to form.  Thing is, when you're surrounded by family.. it gets a little competitive.  There were a lot of big shoes to fill.  'S not why I left, though.  She'd always been confident she could show up anyone, anywhere, anytime — well, at least for the most part.  Standing next to the imposing she-beast, it felt a little different.

My brother, Tuathal, he got into an argument with our parents about that 'n some other things, like, our family gives out nicknames to all of us on top of our given names.  His was Tadpole.  She paused for effect.  Tadpole.

We were closer'n anything.  And he just picked up and left.  Didn't say a word to me.  Her lip tightened.  I took off after him.  Stayed with a group of boys for a while in the desert somewhere and worked my way to the top.  But.. young boys aren't exactly the most stable.

I moved on, found my way to the Thicket, and Raven found me there eating apples.  She let me try on the pack and if I decided I liked it, I could stay.  That's about it.  I haven't been here more than six months, I don't think.  Oh, and I did find my brother.

Well, that was like, her entire life story and probably not what Caiaphas had asked for.  Cough.  Oops.  Uhhh, anyway, sorry to lay that all out there like that.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 07:04 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 07:38 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 07:49 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 08:46 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 08:59 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 09:13 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 09:20 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 09:33 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 13, 2018, 07:18 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 13, 2018, 08:37 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 20, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 22, 2018, 08:03 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Fire - September 22, 2018, 11:40 PM
RE: and when you wanted me, i came to you - by Caiaphas - September 23, 2018, 08:06 PM