Herbalists' Cache and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya's expression turned stormy as soon as their father was brought up, her temper crackling like wild lightning. "You have no right to call him that," Alya thundered, his voice as calm and slow as ever. Only her volume showed how much she wanted to lash out. "He was a hurt, grieving man when he said that, Korei. And we turned on you? You never even spoke to me, KJ! And what happened to your lessons with Hydra? Did she tell you to stop trying? Did she tell you to run away and roll in cat piss? NO!"

She was bearing her teeth in a silent snarl, her breaths coming uneven as red-hot anger pulsed in her vision. The only thing holding her back from attacking was the sharp pain in her hind leg. "Face it, Korei. The only difference between us and you is effort. We were willing to try, willing to set aside our worries and do what we could for the family. Willing to do what we could for you. And you just ran." This wasn't going well - she had to get ahold of herself.

Alya sucked in a ragged breath, and that worked well with the mask of grief she then donned. Her voice was low and gravelly when she spoke again. "We were never willing to give up on you. We kept trying and trying - we did everything we could for you. But you're right - a strong woman wouldn't have run away to hide. You are weak. You're worthless."

She wanted to turn and sweep away, because she was prone to dramatics (obviously), but her leg just wouldn't allow for that kind of motion. Instead, she stood her ground and stared Korei down, willing her to look away in shame and slink off back to where she'd come from.
i can't help but be my own god
Messages In This Thread
and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 10, 2018, 07:22 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 10, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 10, 2018, 09:47 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 10, 2018, 10:50 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 11, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 11, 2018, 08:50 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 11, 2018, 09:31 PM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 12, 2018, 12:06 AM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 12, 2018, 12:24 AM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 12, 2018, 01:17 AM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alya - September 12, 2018, 01:31 AM
RE: and i'd beg you, but you know i'm never home - by Alarian - September 12, 2018, 11:38 AM