Broken Boulder sometimes i wish i'd stayed inside my mother, never to come out
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
one-post cameo

There was a small list of wolves she must say goodbye to before her departure. Chief among them were Alarian and Eris, and with the latter in such poor health, she thought she might find them together, or at least close to one another. She entered the dens, holding her breath as the odor overwhelmed her almost immediately.

But it was the sound of pleading that stole the breath from her altogether.

Lily rushed forward, taking blind, quick steps into the darkness, finally coming to a halt in front of Eris' den. Her brother, hunched over her, crying. And her form--too still! The labored gasps were gone, the coughing had ceased. The unthinkable had become reality.

She crumpled against the entrance wall, the scene in front of her blurring as her eyes filled with tears. Several sobs escaped her before she could hold them back. "Eris," she whispered, a tiny, plaintive sound. "Lana."

The two names she'd known her as, but Lily knew there was a third as well--

Friend. She had lost a very, very good friend. . .and now she knew for certain that she must go, before anyone else died, too.
Messages In This Thread
RE: sometimes i wish i'd stayed inside my mother, never to come out - by Lily - September 18, 2018, 06:18 PM