Dragoncrest Cliffs Every single one's got a story to tell
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Joining 

The journey here had been long and many times, he considered turning back; not because he couldn't handle the trek from Sangeda, but because he wasn't sure he could face his mother. East was still angry, although admittedly less so now that he'd had some time to really think about everything. He was still trying to process the fact that he would never see his father again, but in the meantime, he had grown lonely for the closeness of his family. He knew His mom and brother had made their way to Drageda, so after much deliberation, he finally decided to follow them.

When he arrived at the borders, he noted the familiar scent of Helix, but was confused to find no trace of his younger brother. He paced the border for a few long minutes, unsure if this was what he really wanted. Finally, resolve settled within him and with a deep breath, he lifted his sandy head and howled into the night sky.
Common · Trigedasleng
135 Posts
Ooc —
The howl catches her attention and, at first, she thinks nothing of it. She does as she would have for any call: adjusted her position and circled to the outsider beckoning for attention. Several minutes into travel, though, the familiar notes still ring through her head through flashes of memory a voice she should recognize. Slowly, the remembrance falls upon her and she realizes who is out there, asking for an audience. Here. Of all places.

Having been forced to stay in Drageda instead of fighting alongside the other wolves of San- and Trigeda, it is a surprise to hear the familiar, comforting tones of her oldest son. The last conversation she had with Eastwood hadn’t been pleasant, if you’d even call it that and so her heart sinks. There must be some reason for his arrival, something she can scarcely come to conclusions with, but she moves anyway. It is her duty, now, as fleimkepa to assess the borders when call and she quickly closes the distance.

When his scent is wrong upon the air, she steps up and zeros in, watching him from a distance in the thick of the redwoods before she finally emerges. Her face is blank but her mouth hangs ajar just slightly, uncertain what to say and instead lets him make the first move. A few steps and she closes the distance, hoping to get the message across that she’s eager to now his purpose.
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He paced a little after sending out his call but didn't want to risk anyone seeing his worry, so he quickly sat down and and began searching the horizon for movement. He didn't know what he would do if Helix was the first to greet him at the borders. He hadn't really thought much about what he would say, afraid too much examination of his actions would cause him to turn back around and head home. The decision was soon forced on him, though, because his roaming gaze found his mother's dark form moving towards him.

He stood but was too frozen with indecision at first to take any steps towards her. The sight of her was confusing. He felt relieved to see her but it was still painted with his long burning anger--anger he knew bled into his expression, but he was never very good at masking strong emotions no matter how hard he tried. He took a deep breath again, drawing in more of his resolve, and finished closing whatever distance she had left between them. Mom he managed to get out, swallowing hard as he neared. Part of him wanted to nuzzle her and breath in her scent like he had done so many times before, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Not yet. So he just left his one word greeting to hang between them.
Common · Trigedasleng
135 Posts
Ooc —
She is quiet for a moment, watching the moon drape over his tawny fur—he looks so much like his father in the light of the stars above them and her heart skips a beat—before she takes a step closer. As much as she wants to close the distance and touch him, she does not. She’s always been afforded touch with her sons when the birth of her first born had been taken away from her and forced to keep it to herself that the disgraced fos goufa is her own flesh and blood. Eastwood had been the first of hers to keep, to love, to give all her motherly instincts to, and he hates her.

Mom, he says and her ears fall back. Her eyes droop to the ground for only a moment—her posture gives nothing away that she is now second in Drageda—and she finally takes a step closer but does not push her luck. If he does not want her close, she will not, but why else is he here?

“What brings you here?” she says with a soft voice that she does not often boast, without an ounce of accusation. She is happy to see him, happy that he even speaks one word, and she can only hope that, perhaps, he may one day forgive her for a mistake she already beats herself up about.
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He wasn't sure how to answer her. He wasn't ready to admit he missed her or that he had come here to try and make some sense of everything that had happened. His bronze gaze moved away from her in an attempt to hide the longing he was afraid had settled in his eyes. I came to join yo--Drageda, he answered, stumbling over the word you and quickly changing it but knowing he had given away some of his inner turmoil. I...couldn't stay in Sangeda. It reminds me too much of him, he added, his gaze accusatory. It was hard not to think about how it was her fault when she was standing right in front of him. The space had softened the resentment--tricked him into thinking he could face her again. He took a step back and looked at anything but her, giving the suffocating feelings time to ebb. He concentrated only on the sound of the waves moving in and out in the distance, hoping the rhythmic sound would help calm his mind a little.Swallowing hard again, he met her gaze once more and asked, So, is there room for me here? As hard as it was to be here facing his mom everyday, he knew being back in Sangeda living with the all the painful reminders would be exponentially more difficult.
Common · Trigedasleng
135 Posts
Ooc —
He slips up and she brings her gaze to him as he corrects himself, though he does not look at her. Anywhere but her. The hurt is there in his features, even his stance, and she releases a slow breath. He knife twists deeper in her chest when he mentions his father and, indirectly, the mistake. A mistake is always forgiven if there is no death involved and perhaps Eastwood does not understand she lost something, too, and has mourned in her own way. Stoic of a warrior as always does not free her from pain and losing her son in the process when he stands right in front of her hurts just as much.

“Of course there is room for you. Heda left a while ago to Trigeda and took with her several wolves. I…” she pauses and licks her dry lips. “Drageda could use all the good warriors it can get.”
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East had not heard anything to indicate that Heda had arrived at Trigeda before he left, so it must have happened after he departed. He caught her similar trip up in words, and the part of him that would always love his mom was relieved to hear she needed him here, as tainted as that love was by grief and resentment. He gave a formal dip of his head. I'll help wherever I'm needed, he replied. He stepped towards her again. He wanted to say more; to tell her that he wanted to work through his blame and anger and get back to how they used to be, but he couldn't get the words out. Deep down, he needed the anger; it was a distraction from his anguish, and he wasn't in a place to give that up yet. For a minute, He stared at her, momentarily frozen, before finally asking, Who is commander now? Not that it really mattered; he would follow their lead regardless, but he was curious.
Common · Trigedasleng
135 Posts
Ooc —
Dutifully, her son answers. She is proud of him and can see so much of his father in him. He follows their law and contributes just as any other and is willing to in a foreign land. “Since Heda left, our numbers are few. The land is mild here, compare to home. We do not have close neighbors and there is little hostility. We have spoken of recruiting wolves since Winter is around the corner, even though it is not our custom to bring in outsiders back home. Life is a little different here,” she explains. Outsiders have never been in their favor but they cannot wither away in Heda’s absence and though the few they have are strong, from her understanding, it may not be enough with all the mouths they have to feed.

“Blixen is the acting commander in Heda’s absence. She is her daughter. She is young but she has a good head on her shoulders. You should meet her,” she tells her son. “They… they don’t have to know I am your mother, if you don’t want them to,” she adds with sadness in her voice too difficult to hide.
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He listened quietly as Helix explained that Drageda was somewhat different than back home. Most of the differences sounded like they might make life easier, but the outsiders made him nervous and with good reason. East knew it was important to have numbers during the winter months, so he wouldn't fault them for reaching out to strangers, but he would most likely be avoiding them when not keeping an eye on them. Well, it seems I have come at the right time, then, he replied. They would need able warriors to help protect the borders and keep an eye on things. He welcomed the distraction.

Blixen was the acting commander. East quickly committed the name to memory. When his mom said she was Heda's daughter, he nodded. It was considered Taboo by some back home for her to have a mate and offspring, but he never really cared that much about it. Helix's next words made him wince and release a dejected sigh. He almost couldn't stand the sadness that crossed her face. Mom, I don't want that. I'm angry and hurt, but you're still my family, he answered quietly, unable to look at her while he said it. It didn't mean he forgave her, but he didn't want her to think he wished she wasn't his mother because that couldn't be further from the truth.
Common · Trigedasleng
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
*crashes into this beautiful family moment*

blixen is with @Wildfire when the howl goes up, discussing what to do about bat's disappearance. kiwi had shown up all right in the end but it'd been lucky, and she knows they can't count on lucky again -- though secretly she plans to try to find furi to ask for her help, seeing as the silver-caped girl had come to their rescue once already.

by the time she makes it to the border helix is already there, and she and the stranger appear to be in conversation.  someone a tad more observant might have picked up on the subtle tensions in the air; luckily blixen is not that someone. "hei," she says, announcing herself, "who are you?" given their posture she assumes helix probably knows him, so strict formalities seem unnecessary, though she shoots her fleimkepa a curious look as she waits for a reply.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
135 Posts
Ooc —
Helix nods her confirmation. If Heda has arrived to Trigeda before his departure, he likely wouldn’t be standing here. She is glad for it. In the wake of Lava’s absence, it will be nice to have family around, even if they are strained. Perhaps him going to the cliffside will give them a chance to heal together, maybe he will one day understand her actions had simply been a mistake, but she does not have time to properly think this through. 

Relief floods her when he denies her request and she watches his expression fade away and look elsewhere. It’s a start. She’s still his mother. They don’t have to hide it. 

She doesn’t get a chance to respond before Blixen does show up and slowly the warrior turns her head, looking at the young commander. She sees such youthful features still and she hopes the position will not harden her too soon. “This is Eastwood, my other son,” she informs, slipping into the common tongue as Blixen speaks. “He’s here to be part of Drageda, if you’ll have him.”
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Their tense reunion was interrupted by the arrival of another. He turned to the red female as she approached and inquired about his identity. Helix switched to common to address her, but from his mother's words it seemed this was one of their leaders, although he couldn't be sure which one since he had yet to learn the stranger's name. After being introduced, he bowed his head and added in common, I'm a warrior as well and can help wherever it is needed. His bronze gaze moved between his mother and the new wolf. He wasn't sure what else he needed to say. His skills were pretty straightforward and adequately described by the use of the word 'warrior.' So, he waited patiently to see what other questions the apparent leader had.
Common · Trigedasleng
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

the answer is easy enough -- other son takes her a moment until she remembers lava, who'd not lingered long enough to make an impression on the young commander. still, they are in need of more warriors and she trusts helix, so of course her answer is "sha," giving them both a quick little nod.

"my name is blixen, acting commander," she adds, still weirded out by the way commander feels, referring to herself. "if helix trusts you i'm sure you'll be useful here." it almost seems too easy -- she's so used to deferring the final decisions to dio or nomi, being able to just say yes and be done with it feels.. strange. like she's not vetting thoroughly enough. but for now she shoves that feeling aside, and glances at helix. "i can leave you two to talk, if you'd like," blixen offers (look at her, so self aware!)
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
135 Posts
Ooc —
The woman is silent as her son and commander interacts, exchanging a brief introduction and exchange of skills. She does not expect him to be turned away, as much of their culture is in their blood. Eastwood doesn’t have to prove his worth as two marks prove he’s more than capable of defending himself. Blixen’s youth shines through, though and Helix nods when the decision is effectively in her paws. If she does not trust Eastwood, he would not stand here, family or not.

Blixen offers the chance to leave them alone and continue talking but Helix remains silent, glancing at Eastwood to make the decision for himself.
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
East bowed his head at the commander's greeting. She was young, but he found that wasn't always a direct measurement of how capable someone was. He was not that much older than she was, and he had experienced more than enough hardship for one life time, at least in his opinion. Please let me know if I can do anything, he replied.

When the commander offered to leave them to finish their conversation, East nodded. Although he really wanted to wander off into the shadows by himself and process everything, he needed to ask his mom something. Assuming Blixen took her leave then, he turned to Helix. Where is Lava? he asked, brows furrowing in concern. She had referred to him as her other son, and it reminded him that his younger brother had left with when she did. He couldn't scent him on the border they were standing on or on his mom, and it worried him a little.
Common · Trigedasleng
135 Posts
Ooc —
Helix tries to stifle the awkwardness with Blixen’s arrival but just as she quickly came, she quickly goes. Eastwood is part of Drageda now. Simple as that. She licks her lips and watches the red woman disappear into the woods. When she is gone, Eastwood picks back up where they left off. “I don’t know,” she says, sighs, unable to answer with something decent. “He’d been instructed to stay when Heda left but he disappeared one day. I don’t know if he went to find them or…” she adds, shrugs, and doesn’t know where to look. Something tells her not to look at him and see the disappointment there, too. “I tried searching for him but I do not know this land well.”
Trigedasleng · Common
0/0 threads
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He was not happy to hear that Lava had disappeared like that. Just as his mother predicted, disappointment crossed his face. So he's just gone and no one knows where he is? he asked. He hoped nothing had happened to his younger brother, but like East, Lava could take care of himself. He was more inclined to believe that he had chosen to leave for one reason or another, and it did not sit well with the warrior. Even now when he was slightly worried about whether or not Lava was alive, he wouldn't just take off. He knew he now had responsibilities here, and that was something he didn't take lightly. I'm not really in a position to go looking for him, nor would I even know where to start, he added. not really sure what else to say about it. He worried that he might be in trouble but hoped he figured it out soon and came back. It was maybe a little cold on his part, but that was how it had to be sometimes. 

East looked around a little awkwardly. He was ready to be alone and figure out how he felt about all of this, and he wasn't sure what else to say to his mom. I guess I'll show myself around, then, he said quietly, implying that he didn't want or need a tour of the new territory; he would learn the layout his own way.
Common · Trigedasleng