Falls of the Hinterlands let's go up in flames, pretty lady
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

Well, she has to face the water now.  Her pelt is thin; she does not don the thick winter pelt that allows others to fare well in these lands.  She wants to bitch out.. but she's not about to in front of him.  She is thoughtful enough to trail into thw water after he has finished drinking and her fur stands on end as she quivers.  It's colder than she expected.

The answer to his query is complicated.  No, I didn't know her.  I knew her brother.  We were.. she trails off, not sure how to continue.  She had been nothing to Siarut.  We were never together.  But we could have been.  I didn't know he was Blackfeather for a long time.

She focuses on bathing as she continues her story, too embarrassed to meet his gaze.  We spent a night together that I can't remember before I knew.  He had a bunch of fun pretending he'd — well, been with me.  And I'd never been with anyone.  I found him again before I met you for the first time, and he held it over my head.  The frigid water soothes the swelling of her wounds.  

Just before I saw him, there was a boy who gave me mushrooms.  And for the first time, I gave it up.  If I had been sober, I.. wouldn't have done anything with him.  What he said hurt me because it reminded me of that boy.  And then he tried to comfort me afterwards, like he hadn't just said the thing that hurt me.  So I hurt him.  She sucks in a breath, remembering that this is a stranger who doesn't care about her and she should probably get to the point.

I had never met the woman who did this to me.  She didn't say anything to me.  When I told her my name, she just attacked me.  But I hurt her worse than she hurt me, so.  She rolls her shoulders.  Whatever, right? 

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 29, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - September 29, 2018, 10:26 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 29, 2018, 10:44 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - September 29, 2018, 10:50 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 29, 2018, 10:58 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - September 29, 2018, 11:28 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 29, 2018, 11:41 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - September 29, 2018, 11:50 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 29, 2018, 11:54 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - September 30, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - September 30, 2018, 05:09 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - October 08, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - October 14, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Llewellyn - October 16, 2018, 05:30 PM
RE: let's go up in flames, pretty lady - by Fire - October 24, 2018, 05:56 PM