Silver Creek sail
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
All Welcome 
Rosings crew?

Dash trotted alongside the creek at a steady clip, chomping down on a deer tibia he had scrounged from an abandoned kill-site. With winter setting in, cracking the marrow out of an old bone was what settled for a meal these days. The boy halted, allowing his apple green eyes to trace the ebb and flow of the water as it swirled around the creek's partly-submerged boulders. 

Without even thinking, the boy tossed the bone out into the current, hoping to watch its path as the water carried it down the falls and flumes. The bone sank immediately, and only when it was out of sight did Dash realize he had just tossed away his lunch. "Fuck," he swore at himself, enjoying the feel of the explicative as it rolled freely off his togue. That was one advantage to being alone, he supposed--  no old biddies around to tell him what he can and can't do.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Surprisingly Lilah had yet to encounter any serious drama from the meeting Addison had called for the women. Even better was the fact that she had found a friend in Faeryn and maybe even Emerson. She had settled into the Creek rather happily and hoped that Grayson really did choose it as their new permanent home. Something she had noticed was that there was an awful lot of women and not too many men or at least not that she had noticed really. That was kind of disappointing to say the least, that meant that some women would get a husband and others would not. Competition and jealousy would probably be on the rise when that happened. 

She had decided to go get a drink from the stream and take a rest by it's side, the sound it made was so calming but when she got close she spotted a male walking up. He wasn't someone she had seen before but he was definitely attractive, his tan and grey fur catching her eyes. She watched him carry his food along the edges of the Creek before quite suddenly tossing it into the water. She blinked once with surprise, brows drawing close together with confusion. She only grew more confused when he cursed, the foul language making her ears flick. "Why would you do that if you didn't want it to sink?" she asked curiously as she stepped out of hiding, tail wagging slowly behind her.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash's head jerked at the sound of a feminine voice, and his apple eyes settled on the newcomer. His gaze was drawn immediately to her violet eyes. "Cool," he bestowed the vague compliment, not really realizing (or caring) that she probably had no idea what he was complimenting. 

Her tail was wagging, and she seemed nice-- which was good enough for Dash. He fixed her with his most winning smile. "Of course I wanted it to sink," he insisted, eyes sparking as he came up with an idea. "Clearly you've never seen a master fisher at work!" he added, holding his head and tail high as he made the boast.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah felt her fur heat as the man stared into her eyes and then issued a very sudden "cool". She assumed he meant her, but she had no idea why. Even so she was flattered immensely. She tilted her head questioningly and was struck by his smile, her eyes widening. He was definitely cute and the poor girl was already under his goofy charm. Then he began to speak and she gathered her wits, sensing some sort of bull behind his words but even so she giggled and gave her own grin "Oh? I've never fished before so I wouldn't know. May I see your mastery at work?" her tone was playful, sly as she looked at him with glimmering eyes. It nagged at the back of her mind that she should call Addison or one of the men, but she really wanted to keep this conversation to herself for now.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Dash thanked whatever gods still watched over him that the woman wasn't a fisher herself-- that meant she was a whole lot less likely to pick up on his outrageous bullshit. 

She grinned and giggled at him, and Dash lit up at such.. feminine attention. His sisters giggled at him pretty much constantly, but somehow it had never felt quite like this

"You most certainly can, Little Miss," he replied with confidence, turning toward the creek with a deep breath in. He eyed the boulder that was closest to where he had flung the bone, and then he leaped.

As he settled on the boulder, he turned back over his shoulder. "You won't be able to see from all the way over there, I'm afraid..." His grin turned rather sheepish at that point. If the woman took the invitation and joined him on the boulder, they would have to get awfully close to avoid slipping into the creek.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Little Miss. Nobody had called her that before. Actually nobody had ever called her anything but Lilah. Well....they had but it wasn't anything nice. She watched as he leaped onto a boulder in the middle of the Creek and took a few hesitant steps closer, stopping when he said she'd need to come closer basically insinuating that she'd need to join him on that tiny rock. Her training in how to avoid perverts kicked in and she almost called for Grayson before she realised he looked just as embarrassed as she was nervous about the suggesting.

If someone caught her standing so close to him, it would be mortifying but worse than that it may start rumors that would wreck her chances at getting a husband. Even so this guy was so funny and cute...she supposed it wouldn't hurt. She shyly moved forward "No funny business okay? I have people only a call away" she warned though her eyes still gleamed and it was obvious she didn't think he would hurt her. She prepared herself and jumped, landing nimbly beside him and swaying unsteadily against him before she realised she'd have to lean into him to avoid falling. She did so and cleared her throat "Show me what you got Fisherman" she said softly.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
"Cross my heart," he promised with a laugh. He was pretty good at being just plain funny, but anything that went beyond that and ventured toward funny business territory wasn't his area of expertise. Not that he would ever admit that out loud... and never ever in front of another male. 

The woman landed on the boulder beside him, and he leaned forward to steady her. Gods, she was close. Her scent engulfed him, and he found himself stumbling just a bit too. "Err.. right. Right! That's master Fisherman," he corrected, finally pulling himself together with another winning smile. 

He leaned out over the water, nose hovering over the spot where the bone had disappeared. Fuck if he knew whether there were actually any fish or even if the bone was still there, but what was important was that the Little Miss thought he knew what he was doing. "Oh, yep, there's a couple big ones down there. Watch how a pro does it."  

He scrunched his body down low, pretending to focus on a spot just beneath the surface. His rear waved in the air, and he allowed it to bump ever-so-slightly against the violet-eyed lady. "Whoops!" The bump was not enough to knock her off the boulder completely, rather it was just enough to unbalance her so that she might have to dunk a foot in the creek to steady herself.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
I love them. I absolutely love them.

She laughed again and at his beautiful smile found it way to easy to lean into him, allowing his larger form to balance her out. " im so sorry, Master Fisherman, it won't happen again" she said im a feigned voice of shame. It was rare to see this teasing, bold side of her but maybe there was just something about this guy that brought it out of her.

As he leaned forward and focused intently on the water, she began to wonder if maybe he really did know what he was doing. This little sliver of belief is what made things go wrong, as she leaned forward after him to see if she could catch a glance of the fish he spoke of. The change of position and bump of his rear, mixed with the fact that she was clumsy in general ensured that she stumbled completely off the rock and flopped in the freezing water with a shriek. She shrieked again and floundered, struggling up and out of the water sputtering and shivering "W...why would you d...do that?" she asked the soaking wetness of her fur making her freezing and causing her jaws to clack together which made speech difficult.
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
They're hilarious! Kind of loving this character, he's like the exact opposite of Rue. Kinda like Lilah is the exact opposite of Minori xD

Dash was bubbling with excitement under all of the lavender-eyed lady's attention.  She fed into his humor (not to mention his hubris), playfully deigning to address him by his requested title of "Master Fisherman."  Something wild awakened behind his eyes, and whatever it was perhaps was the inspiriation behind the thoroughly bad decision that would come next. 

As soon as he nudged the woman he felt the warmth of her body leave his side. Milliseconds later, her shriek came. "Oh, shit!" he cursed, somehow surprised that yet again, the worst possible outcome for his actions had come to pass. Without a thought, Dash splashed down into the creek after her, determined to save her from drowning in the foot-and-a-half deep water.  

"Do what?" he asked, shivering as he stood before her, dripping. "Jump in and save your life? That's just the kind of guy I am." He completley ignored the fact that all he had really done to "save her life" was jump into the shallows and stand next to her. In his stubborn mind, he was a hero. 

"F-fuck it's cold," he stuttered as the jaw-chattering set in. "D-do y-your p-p-people have a d-den?" She wouldn't leave him soaking wet and out in the cold, right?
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
I want these two to be paired so damn badly. This is my newest ship.

She was so ready to go off on a feminine tirade of shocked anger when suddenly he splashed down next to her and stood there. She had no idea how he thought this was helpful but his confidence and pathetic shivering was downright adorable and hilarious so she started laughing, this time full blown belly laughter that echoed around the territory. "M..my hero." she stammered sarcastically and nudged him toward shore. 

Then he asked if they had dens and she blanched, ears going back against her head. She couldn't bring him into her den and she had already done bad by not calling for anyone. "Well...yeah but I was really supposed to let someone know you were here. I can't just leave you in there... it'll make me look bad. Rumors will spread" she said but an idea struck her. "Unless...okay. I'll bring you in. You have to say you caught me falling into the water and helped me out and you wanted to make sure I got to my den safe" she felt dirty making a lie but she would feel dirtier being assumed unpure and skanky because she had been hanging with a strange male. "Whats your name? I'm Lilah...this is Rosings, the pack hasn't exactly settled down yet though"
115 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Oh god, you must have it out for Lilah then, 'cause Dash is gonna make a terrible husband. xDD

"My hero," Little Miss said. Dash bowed dramatically, failing to pick up on her sarcasm. As far as he could tell, he had done a hero's work and deserved to be gushed over.  

Once they were on shore the lavender-eyed lady's mood seemed to shift out of nowhere, because now she was looking all scared and uncertain. What? Had he said something wrong? She was going on about what she was supposed to do, where Dash was and wasn't supposed to be, and what others would supposedly say. Dash was just plain confused (and very, very cold) at this point, and his discomfort was making it difficult for him to focus on the woman's words. 

"Yeah okay, works for me," Dash agreed quickly to the story. He would have agreed to just about any story that got him closer to warmth. He didn't really see any difference between the story Lilah "made up" and real life, to be honest. She had fallen in, and he had jumped in to save her. And he did want to see her safely to a den, especially if it meant that he got to be in one too. 

"L-l-little Miss Lilah," he repeated her name after she introduced herself, "..the lavender-eyed l-l-lady." Boy, that had a ring to it. It sounded like the start of a song. "I'm Dash," he answered simply. Now that names were out of the way, could they maybe go to that place now? To Row-zings, or whatever it was called? Dash started forward, assuming it would prompt Lilah onward as well.

Fading here to pick up in a new thread.