Bramblepoint I could be wrong about anybody else.
a determination so powerful it could turn the sky storm black
683 Posts
Ooc — Athena

The sky is full of bewildered birds.

Ceara's body has begun to convulse in the time it takes for Mou to leave and when he arrives with his party of three, she is so still and her breath is so shallow that it appears to an untrained eye that she has perished in her slumber.

But while she is still breathing, it is true that only her body remains.  Her mind is elsewhere, carried off by the herbs that not-Screech has given her.  The golden woods have bled of their warmth and turned black, the light leeched out soon after Tuathal's departure.  The ground beneath her is cold, and sticky, too — when she looks down she meets her reflection in an expansive pool of blood.

She reels backwards, picking up her paws as if holding them up makes things better, and then she screams, running blind into the dark.  The forest stretches on and on and on, and then it goes black.

One by one, stars begin to wink into view overhead.  Breathless she slows to a halt and collapses on the ground.  A shadow moves next to her, warming her side.  It is @Behemoth.  He looks at home here, surrounded by the everblack trees, illuminated only by the moonlight.  Striking, and handsome, too.  There's a hunger in his piercing golden eyes.

She leans against him, taking comfort in his presence.  He is a dark thing, and he will protect her from whatever is happening on the outside.  Pressing her head against his shoulder, she looses a whine.  Mmm, want you, he says in @Raven's voice; her eyes snap open as Behemoth's throat begins to crack, his chest splitting open to reveal a wide stretch of white.

The stars overhead twinkle infinitely, and she cannot place whose forelimb swings over her waist.

ring the bells that still can ring
forget your perfect offering
there is a crack in everything
that's how the light gets in
Messages In This Thread
I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 09, 2018, 10:06 PM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Fire - October 09, 2018, 10:35 PM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Maegi - October 09, 2018, 10:39 PM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Kalganov - October 10, 2018, 06:30 AM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Maegi - October 10, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Kalganov - October 13, 2018, 01:39 PM
RE: I could be wrong about anybody else. - by Maegi - October 14, 2018, 11:01 PM