Grouse Thicket I am not throwing away my shot
if you must live, darling one, just live
71 Posts
Ooc —
Just as his call faded out, a different voice rose up to replace his - not an echo, not his own - and he skittered back before he steeled himself and cupped both ears forward. The voice was feminine and not Ceara's, but it spoke her name. This other one knew his sister, and he realized, then, that hers had been the voice he had heard on the wind.

Her call had an edge that unsettled him - demanding, and full of urgency, yet lined with concern, and he wasn't surprised. The cropping of the Plateau he could glimpse between the trees still reminded him of the life he'd left behind, the pack his sister still fought for with tooth and claw. Would they remember him? Did he want them to? Was this one of them?

"She's family," he called back, careful in the words he relayed. Ceara had friends here, a life, and a family - and though he tried not to care about what they thought of him, he couldn't help but wonder if he had hurt Ceara by leaving her again, and whether that made him an enemy here. "Who are you?"

Messages In This Thread
I am not throwing away my shot - by RIP Niamh - October 10, 2018, 04:23 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by Tuathal - October 10, 2018, 09:24 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by RIP Niamh - October 11, 2018, 04:26 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by Tuathal - October 14, 2018, 08:47 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by RIP Niamh - October 19, 2018, 01:23 AM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by Tuathal - October 20, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by RIP Niamh - October 22, 2018, 07:27 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by Tuathal - October 24, 2018, 05:52 PM
RE: I am not throwing away my shot - by RIP Niamh - October 24, 2018, 06:42 PM