Blacktail Deer Plateau Meet me in outer space
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
AW! Late night border patrol. :)

The cold night air settled in the alpha's fur, making him stop his trek along the borders and give his inky coat a frisky shake. He slid his protective gaze along the tree line around him before moving again. The area of the flatlands that bordered the plateau seemed to be a popular place for lone wolves and other strangers, so Kavik always made sure to spend extra time on the borders there in case they had another new recruit or someone in need of help, or in the less appealing event that someone was looking to cause trouble. 

As he moved along their western borders, he made sure to rub his scent on just about every tree he could find, as well as finding other ways to leave scent or visual markers to indicate that the plateau was now officially claimed. When he came to most western part of the river that hugged the edge of their land, the alpha slowed his pace and walked until his large paws were flush with the water's edge. After taking a second to scan his surroundings, he lowered his muzzle to the water and pulled the liquid into his mouth, lifting his head afterwards and using his tongue to clear any drops of water from his lips.
I'm no good without you
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The night was surprisingly warm for a fall night, she had slipped into a peaceful slumber at first though it became disturbed quickly by images of black furred men and strikes to the heart. Scenes of betrayal, murder, bloodshed. She tossed and turned in her sleep, her whines growing in volume until she actually woke herself up. She lay there panting for a moment before she quickly stood up, her head pounding like it always did before she got a migraine. She groaned and headed out into the night, going along the borders toward the stream. She could use a drink, maybe she'd wade in and cool off as well. As she continued down the borders she left her mark along the invisible barrier, marking more then her rank really declared necessary. It was a point, a silent declaration to her pack that she was here to stay and she wanted a solid place within the rankings. 

Further along she picked up the fresh trail of Kavik's markings and hesitated. She couldn't and wouldn't mark over or near them so she continued onward, only occasionally rubbing against a tree that the Alpha hadn't touched. She spotted the stream up ahead and the dark shadowy form of Kavik drinking. She gave a low chuff and headed to the edge of the stream and drinking deeply without a word being said.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
4 Posts
Ooc — Lilly-Wolf
Banditt padded along through the woods, pausing every once in a while to take in a whiff of the forest smells. Suddenly, she smells the strong scents of other wolves. Careful as to not make any noise, Banditt creeps along the forest floor. The smells become stronger as Banditt nears the sound of flowing water. Banditt straightens up, and silently pads slightly closer to the river. Banditt halts as she comes into full view of the two dark furred drinking wolves. Stepping back, Banditt thinks to herself, This must be some packs territory, that would explain the heavy scent of wolf. And those wolves drinking right in front of me! Maybe, if I asked politely, they would let me join them! Banditt stands silently, waiting for the pack wolves to notice her, and ask her, 'What are you doing in our territory?!'
Doot Doot!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The chuff brought his head from the water, and he turned to see Minori walking to where he stood by the river. He watched her stop at the water's edge and begin to drink. He had not spent much time with the dark female, but he had scented her on the borders frequently, and he was glad she felt possessive of their home like he did. 

Kavik was about to greet his packmate, but he instead whipped his head in the direction of the unfamiliar scent. They were close by, which meant they were inside their very clearly marked borders. His hackles raised a little as he moved in the direction of the stranger. He didn't have to look very long, because the intruder was brazenly, or ignorantly, standing upstream from the pair of plateau wolves. As he approached her, he decided that she didn't appear to be injured, so he wondered why on earth she would just wander into claimed territory. 

It wasn't in his nature to be unkind for no reason, but a stranger inside their borders without calling for an audience rubbed the alpha the wrong way. As he came to stand a short distance from the female, he met her gaze. I'm Kavik, one of the alphas here. What is your reason for being inside our borders without an invitation, he asked sternly. She had wandered close enough to the two of them to be noticed, so he had a feeling she meant no aggression towards them. Still, there were some rules no one was exempt from, and entering an unfamiliar pack's territory without permission was definitely one of them.
I'm no good without you
4 Posts
Ooc — Lilly-Wolf
Banditt watched as one of the dark wolves at riverbank approached her. She listens to him quietly. "I'm Banditt, and I was just wondering if I could join your pack? I'm sorry if I was rude for entering your territory without invitation." Banditt replies as politely as she could manage. Banditt hopes that Kavik would accept her into his pack, as she doesn't like to be alone for long periods of time. Banditt wags her tail, hoping to appear friendly.
Doot Doot!
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

it was not unusual for the warrior to be up at this time. the night bought comfort. it was a blissful time where nothing really stirred. a time to just be at peace with yourself.

issun was walking along his usual path when he caught wind of minori’s scent. it bought a warm smile on his face. he was always happy to be with her, even more so now. the male followed her scent without much of a thought.

the track stops at a river, where he could see his friend and kavik and someone else he was not familiar with. she was not one of their own by the smell of her. just as the stranger finished her sentence, issun rushed forward with his lips peeled back threateningly. he wondered why his packmates chose to just stand there. if it were up to him, the fool would already be fleeing from his fangs. but it wasn’t his say, so he waited. one word and he’d rid of this intruder.
common | japanese
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She was fine with the silence from Kavik, satisfied that he seemed to be one who didn't need to talk too much. She finished up drinking and stood, turning just in time to see Kavik staring at something with his hackles bristling. She looked in that direction and saw a strange female, quickly breathing in her scent to realise she was not pack. Immediately her lips curled over her fangs and she growled threateningly. Perhaps Kavik was choosing a more civil route but the woman should know that you couldn't just waltz into clearly marked pack lands.

Issun arrived seeming to think the same as she did and she moved closer to him her eyes never leaving the female. "Are you crazy or just stupid? You do know how....pack rules work? A border is marked to keep intruders out. We could attack you right now for trespassing" she snarled at the female, being less nasty then usual on the off chance that she really was dumb.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
4 Posts
Ooc — Lilly-Wolf
Banditt was surprised as the other dark wolf snarled at her. "I'm sorry for trespassing on your territory, I just wanted to know if I could join your pack?" Banditt responded politely, hoping to not sound ignorant. Banditt held her tail still, so that she would hopefully look less like an ignorant jerk. I hope they will let me into their pack, Banditt thinks to herself, realizing she probably appears to be an idiot. Oh, I've probably screwed this up already. Banditt keeps still, waiting for Kavik's response.
Doot Doot!
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His packmates' reactions were warranted, and Kavik was proud to have them flanking him. He should give them the signal to attack; this wolf certainly deserved it, if at the very least just to be taught a lesson. The alpha studied her disapprovingly. It seemed she wanted to join the pack, but she had already shown that she couldn't follow rules, so what other rules would she break? 

Hackles still raised a little, he stood tall with his tail flagged portraying quite the menacing sight. It was rare he needed to use his size and rank to intimidate, but clearly this wolf needed to be reminded of how things worked. His hostile emerald gaze fell on the female. Why should I let you join my pack. You clearly can't follow simple rules, he asked, his voice calm but laced with his barely restrained anger at the the strangers brazen intrusion into their lands.
I'm no good without you
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
No idea what to do here since Banditt is inactive. Last post for Minori unless she's needed or mentioned.

Minori looked between the female and Kavik deciding that the alpha male could handle it. She gave Kavik a nod and turned, heading back toward the stream for another drink while keeping her ears focused on the conversation behind her, in case stuff went down.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english