Shadewood Arrowbella half walked, half stumbled across the woods
64 Posts
Ooc —
Cry agreed, leaving Kai with her newfound patient.

The naiad watched his dark form be swallowed by the forest, remembering her promise. Her wounds too were smeared with poultices and bound with cobwebs - she and this unknown girl matched.

Kai snorted softly at the thought, for what an odd pair were they. Her glass eyes fell on the unconscious form, wondering how she could possibly move her. When it seemed the ebony fae would be remaining where she was for the night, the wolfdog piled some dead leaves around her for warmth and slipped away to curl herself into a pile of dead foliage nearby.

Exhausted, she fell into a dreamless sleep.
---
 Morning was not what woke her, nor the calls of birds but the soft whisperings of a voice that was definitely not Cry.

For moment, fear clenched her heart and she froze - determined if she didn't move then the other would be unable to detect her amongst her nest of leaves. 

The night before came rushing back to her - the nightmare, searching for Cry, finding him with the girl and treating her wounds. It seemed her patient was awake. 

Excitedly, a small, speckled head popped out of the nearby pile of leaves. Standing, Kai shook the dead leaves from her matted coat - at least ridding herself of the ones that weren't caught in her locs. 

Padding closer, an eerie cracked gaze took in the girl - who reminded the witch vaguely of a skunk with her dark coat and pale stripe. 

"Kai," she rasped softly as she neared, head and shoulders lowered to appear smaller. Her tail remained low, wagging gently with welcome. The last thing she wanted was to frighten the girl. 

"I..he-help," the naiad gestured to the bandages as she spoke, dipping her head once as she waited for the girl to respond. 
"Will you fix me up? Can you show me hope?"

"Speech." "Mouthing/Body Language."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Arrowbella half walked, half stumbled across the woods - by Kai - November 07, 2018, 09:14 AM