Blacktail Deer Plateau Don't you tell me what you think that I could be
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri blinked slightly in surprise, wondering if Ruenna knew of the northern lore and the ancestors Liri worshipped. The stars were considered to be sacred, the souls of those who had passed. It was believed that the soul rose from the body, lifting to the heavens where it was born again into another part of the universe - the stars. 

"Aye, thank the ancestors," the northron murmured softly, tired dark eyes lifting to the blue sky. "They've smiled on our pack through the summer and autumn." But would they be so lucky in the winter? Liri could feel something in her chest, something doubtful. Grezig's drama, the bear attack, the coyotes and the foxes eating from their caches, Elixir's illness, the tension amongst some of the pack mates - it seemed to indicate that times would be getting harder and all too soon. 

"And I would be happy for it, how about on my next trip you can help carry some supplies back?" For now, Liri was just grateful for the company. Her head had been feeling light, her vision skewered as if the colors were too bright or the world altered somehow. Perhaps the companionship of her friend would take her mind off the migraine beginning to pound against her temples. 

"She has greencough, I'm afraid. Nasty disease. It's the next stage up from whitecough. It clogs your lungs making it harder to breath and leaving the mucus to drain from your nose and mouth. It makes you tired, feverish, all that fun stuff - and if left untreated turns into blackcough for which there is no cure once it sets in." The healer explained grimly around her herbs as they walked through the forest, slightly muffled as she spoke. 

"I've been using lavender, catnip, and coltsfoot to treat her. Thankfully it seems that Elixir's whitecough only recently progressed into greencough, she should be right as rain again soon."
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
Don't you tell me what you think that I could be - by Síff - November 12, 2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Don't you tell me what you think that I could be - by Síff - December 05, 2018, 12:08 PM