Ocean's Breath Plateau careful when you come through my way
181 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He humored her—accepting her curious companionship, and in turn, allowing the woman’s muscles to relax slightly, her bejeweled eyes glittering as they moved from him to scan the endless ocean. The scent was stronger than anything she had ever imagined, the brine and sand almost burning her nose upon the first intrusion, but she was slowly becoming accustomed to it. She imagined that a wolf such as the towering beast before her would miss such a smell should he drift too far from it.

She would have questioned what they sustained themselves upon—did the herds migrate close enough to the undrinkable ocean water that they could pluck away at them? Or did the crustaceans and fish provide enough of a meal to feed a pack of wolves?

Her ignorance of the man’s home was painfully obvious even to herself, and so she chose not to speak on it. Instead, she wished to learn.

But she didn’t expect the question proposed to her, and he gained her rapt attention once more, her gaze swiveling back to study him with open thoughtfulness. And, perhaps a lingering wistfulness that flickered in her gaze, before disappearing just as quickly. “I never used to. But… I’ve seen too many things to brush the possibility away.”
Messages In This Thread
careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - November 16, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - November 16, 2018, 03:18 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - November 16, 2018, 05:23 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - November 19, 2018, 05:17 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - December 29, 2018, 03:38 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - January 05, 2019, 12:19 AM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - January 06, 2019, 05:05 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - January 06, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - January 19, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - January 24, 2019, 01:18 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - January 30, 2019, 11:33 AM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ford - February 01, 2019, 03:38 PM
RE: careful when you come through my way - by Ketzia - April 26, 2019, 05:42 PM