Dragoncrest Cliffs i'll tell you how i knew
bury all your secrets in my skin
361 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He struggled, shamefully, with feelings of abandonment following Sequoia's departure and, for all the awkwardness that came with sharing those thoughts with Opalia, she was the only one he deemed safe to delve into such personal discussion with. As she echoed his sentiment, pressing on to announce her opinion regarding their rogue litter-mate, the boy let his ears splay backward and twitched a whisker in quiet agreement. Dacio wanted so much to resent their sister for her blatant disregard of them, wanted to carry on barking his frustrations at the one who remained, because he was learning that it might be easier to hate her than miss her.

He'd been on the verge of falling apart before Heda, when the wound left by Sequoia's betrayal was fresh and raw, but there was the constant reminder that he wasn't a child anymore. Dacio was a young warrior, fit to enter Drageda's adult ranks at the tender age of six months, expected to contribute as the others did. He had to do better, be stronger, prove that not all of the Wocha's children were useless. He wanted so much to succeed and be the son to make his father proud, the one who wouldn't break his mother's heart, and the sharpness of Opalia's tone rejuvenated the hope that she would prove herself alongside him.

"I'm never leaving," the silver Gona lifted his pastel eyes, seeking the mismatched hues of Opalia's own. Was this her way of being vulnerable? With anger, and pleading requests? Dacio blinked at the blonde Kru, guilt rousing the butterflies in his abdomen, and his expression softened as she broke their gaze and looked toward their path again. He loped closer to her, reaching out to bump his charcoal snout to her hip, and whined gently. "Trust me," he encouraged her sadly, knowing exactly how difficult that could be.
"Trigedasleng" "common"
Messages In This Thread
i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 02, 2018, 02:30 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 02, 2018, 04:42 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 02, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 04, 2018, 01:23 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 05, 2018, 02:06 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 05, 2018, 02:15 PM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 08, 2018, 12:13 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 15, 2018, 10:56 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Opalia - December 16, 2018, 02:43 AM
RE: i'll tell you how i knew - by Dacio - December 26, 2018, 12:01 PM