Sun Mote Copse You start to wonder why you're here not there
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She could tell that neither one was enchanted by the copse the same way it captivated her, yet that was all right. Wildfire smiled at their observations, bobbing her head in response to Sequioa's. "I'm sure there's plenty of big and small game here." To Kiwi, she huffed a soft laugh and agreed, "You're not wrong. I like how they're spaced this way. Most woods are... closer, you know? I bet this place is always bright and airy. Can you imagine what it looks like in the summer?"

She could... but would they be around to see it then? Wildfire frowned at the intrusive thought. But she couldn't stop it, nor the train of others that chugged along behind it. She thought of all the conversations and events that had taken place since their arrival on the Redhawks' doorstep. Her gaze settled speculatively on the two young girls and she suddenly wanted to ask them a question, even if she feared the answer.

"When I left Drageda, I knew exactly where I was going to go: the Redhawks. But I didn't know how crowded it would be. And I didn't know your brother," Wildfire said, looking sadly at Kiwi, "would come find us and threaten us. I know we talked about how we shouldn't let that chase us off. But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I was considering going to visit my old home, the caldera, in the spring, and then maybe just... not stopping there. Traveling abroad, basically. I'd love if you two—and Bat, as well—came with me. But I understand that you might not want to be uprooted all over again. So," she finally circled around her conclusion, "I just wanted to put that out there and see what you two thought." She didn't think she needed to encourage either to be honest: Kiwi was never afraid to speak her mind and Sequoia was always pretty candid too.
Messages In This Thread
You start to wonder why you're here not there - by Wildfire - December 12, 2018, 09:27 PM
RE: You start to wonder why you're here not there - by Wildfire - December 14, 2018, 12:55 PM