Heron Lake Plateau If we pass in the night then just hand me a light
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt appreciated that at least he and Quixote seemed to be on the same page, and he honestly felt bad throwing his friend to the not so proverbial wolves by leaving.  He had the blessing of at least having Raven to temper things, but still.  Seemed like they were in a similar boat when it came to the hate brigade.

Shit, now Eljay was chiming in.  Colt looked at him, and his resolve weakened.  He loved his sister's kids a hell of a lot, even Eljay, who was maybe not the picture perfect Blackthorn but a refreshingly honest and nice kid anyway.

I have no clue who Wiffle is, but you're skipping out too then, eh?  He paused, mainly to think.

He wasn't looking forward to a trip home midwinter.  He was pretty damn physically sound, but that didn't mean he couldn't run into trouble, and trouble alone was becoming more and more deadly the older he got.  Having something nearby but not too near would be ideal, and even better if he could still somehow keep some measure of family close.

I'll think about it.  But for now, I think steering clear is my best bet.  It was the best he could give.  Maybe this Wiffle pack would be different, but no matter what Finley might say, Colt couldn't shake the feeling he didn't have a place here anymore.  It wasn't that he felt he wasn't worthy of it... it was more he felt they weren't. That little nugget he'd keep to himself, though, because present company was definitely excluded.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If we pass in the night then just hand me a light - by Colt RIP - January 02, 2019, 06:20 PM