Hushed Willows tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE]
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Round 2 begins NOW! Since it's Christmas, I will extend this round to end Wednesday night. :)

The first to arrive smelled like the plateau, and sure enough there was Ruenna. She greeted the man with a wag of her tail and gave the beta a beaming smile; she considered her a friend, at this point. Her torchlight eyes wandered, a question in them, looking for Kavik and Liri, particularly the latter.

She had just taken the first arrivals to the temporary rendezvous point when she ran into Valette and Greyback. Hallo! she cried out, heartened to see that they had come all this way from Easthollow. And yet they seemed to be alone. . . I do hope others from your family were able to make it, Lily said, looking around. Here, follow me.

Introductions were made all around, between the plateau crew and the Easthollow pair. Olive arrived with the family in tow, and Lily herded them into the fold, giving any child that accepted it a kiss on the cheek or the forehead, depending on what she could reach first.

Then Khali--wonderful, handsome Khali!--appeared. And with food, too! She bounded up to him, almost childlike, nuzzling into the soft flesh where his jawline met his neck. Even if not, you're here, Lily whispered, transfixed as she pulled back to stare at her mate. That's what matters most, to me.

She wrapped her tail around his hindquarters for a brief moment before moving to the center of activity, lifting her chin and beginning to sing, in a high, lilting voice:

Yule is here, and so are we,
Blessed shall our winter be--
The snow may fall,
But we are all
In happy, loving company!

Sing, all! Yule is nigh!
Dance, all! The moon is high!
Love will never die!
Our stories live forever!

This went on for some time, with Lily trying to get the assembled crowd into the chorus. ('Twas simple enough, anyway.) Throughout, she kept her ears perked for new arrivals, eyes flashing 'round the clearing.
Messages In This Thread
RE: tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE] - by Lily - December 24, 2018, 01:27 AM