eaten by the infinite, of being annulled by the only existing Absurd
117 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
as much as brilliance wants to go home, she struggles to find the motivation to actually do it. after the run in with the stranger, she is far too bruised to face anyone yet. her chest still hurts from the collision and her front ankle twisted upon impact (though she hadn’t realized it until she tried to stand and walk off) so she took a while to get the urge to actually… move.

at first, she tries to go home, hobbling on three legs and gingerly putting only a few pounds of weight on her paw with each step. eventually, she decides against returning home. her angle has swollen a little but she doesn’t know anything about healing or wounds and she has no clue if her paw is broken. how much would it hurt? it hurts a fuckin’ lot right now and by the time she gets to the plains (a portion left untouched by a fire she’s unaware of), she hunkers to the ground and starts to lick the top of her swollen paw.

i just want to find a god
and i hope she loves me too
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
curiosity stole the ironstar away from diaspora's claim and led him unto the taiga with impunity. he went as far as the burned lands, where things had become a thousand-fold more desolate because of the ice-powdered season. stigmata turned back, disappointed by the discovery - since there had been no fire the last time he had ventured round these plains - but the impasse was brightened by the scent of deer, wafting in that empty place.

he had only just begun to scour for the presence of the herd, when he was again distracted: this time by wolfscent. stigmata picked up his head, but he could not spot the wolf who had settled down among the mounds of snow on uneven flatlands. he sent a querying whine across the field, letting his company know that he was there, and would avoid trouble if he could.
117 Posts
Ooc —
brilliance is lost to the world for a moment, lick after lick after lick after lick after… well, you get the point. by now, i would have fussed at my dog for licking so much because the sound is g r o s s.

anyway.

the questioning whine catches up to her and she freezes, mid-lick, and picks her head up quickly to peer over mounds of snow. her tongue, still hanging out, becomes cold after a moment and she quickly sucks it back into her mouth, shakes her head, and refocuses. not too far off is another wolf. at first she thinks it is her papa but a second blink and it’s not. not knowing what he wants, and her unfortunate last encounter with a strange male, brilliance doesn’t make a sound (nor does she try to hide herself), and doesn’t make to move to try and leave and show off her brand new spankin’ limp.

maybe, if she’s lucky, he’ll keep moving.
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
when there was no response, stigmata assumed that whoever was out there wanted to remain hidden, and he was not inclined to bother them. the wraith started to continue on his way, keeping his nose low to the ground and prowling forward until he was passing a slim part in the snowdrifts and noticed a splash of darkness in all the white.

stigmata froze mid-step, and turned his head sharply to observe the curled up figure. it didn't look very dangerous, so he relaxed and stood up straight, sniffing towards the prone lupine without approaching. he couldn't smell any blood, but was it injured? or did it have any interest in him? stigmata would've liked to know more, but the wind was out of his favor and for now all he could tell was that it was wolf and therefore in need of investigating.
117 Posts
Ooc —
she shrinks back, ducking low so to aid with cover, but it is no use. soon, he is upon her and she tilts back slightly, a little caught off guard. the last wolf she’d encountered plucked her from the ground and chucked her and she isn’t in any interest to have the same thing repeated. she’d incited anger in the other, somehow, so this time brilliance keeps her teeth to herself but her pale blue eyes harden, watching each slow movement he has during his investigation.

“what do you want?” she decides to ask, licking her lips and pointing herself away from him.
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
as she shrunk away, bearing signs of abuse and cradling a single paw more carefully than the rest, stigmata realized he wanted little from this young creature even before her question had even reached him. he had not time for the fearful, he thought ruefully; her demeanor cancelling out the usefulness of her age. his mind inadvertently turned to redshank, who reeked of past trauma, and who had grown stronger because of it, rather than what this was.

the warhound lifted his chin and shook his head once. nothing - the gesture said, and he gave her a chance to recover from the shock of his sudden attention before taking it away in another abrupt motion. he was in search of soldiers - survivors - and in his not so humble opinion: that girl would only live if she was lucky. and well loved. stigmata turned, and continued on his way.