Arrow Lake spriggan
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
All Welcome 
for @Sorin, set several days after this thread. tags are only for reference, but y'all are also welcome to join.

after spending several days working alongside sorin to drive a herd of deer back towards stigmata's homestead, he had allowed the agreeable wolf to eat his fill after the pack had managed to fell one. resting afterwards, at that time, the dark outsider had been allowed to remain within diaspora's intended claim for an indiscriminate time, but the ironwraith had not so far implied how long that time would be. @Mahler, @Takiyok, @Finch, @Thorn, and @Redshank all knew of the wolf's presence, but had been instructed to let him breathe - as he was a mistrustful sort, but useful if they could earn him.

stigmata approached the dark male now, having mostly digested from their feast, and now eager to get on with the stranger in their midst. "sorin," he greeted the ranger solemnly, having learned his name sometime in the days prior. "i came to see if you will be moving on soon," stigmata stated bluntly, his expression neutral and prying.
105 Posts
Ooc —
The hunt had been a good one, a chance for Sorin to once again enjoy the camdrie of his kin. Although there was a degree of trepidation in being around a large group again, Stigmata had made sure Sorin had plenty of space. For that, the shadow was thankful; it had been some time since he had been around such large numbers, and he had initially felt awkward when joining in on the spoils of the hunt. For the most part, he had kept to himself the last few days, simply observing what he could of the pack.

Sorin both saw and scented Stigmata approach, rising to meet the tactician as he spoke. Sorin had to admit that he was impressed with the wealth of knowledge the male before him possesed, and how he was able to apply such knowledge so perfectly to any situation. There was only one other Sorin had ever known who could match Stigmata's wisdom. He nodded to the short greeting offered, listening carefully as the male continued. As Stigmata asked of his intentions, the mild trepidation crept back into Sorin's mind. However, he showed none of this, maintaining a calm neutrality as he responded. "Most likely. I appreciate the kindness you and your pack have shown me, but I'm not really looking to settle in with anyone for awhile."
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
stigmata was disappointed that the capable sorin did not wish to remain with diaspora, but in truth he wasn't in the least bit surprised. he knew he had a tendency to overestimate his own charm - especially aware of his own thankless nature - so would gamble when it was worth it and when there was a fifty-fifty chance of success. things simply didn't go his way this time. "very well," he bobbed his head, then pressed his ears forward and motioned in the direction he would allow sorin to travel from the heart of his stead. "i will see you out now."
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin did feel a twinge of guilt at brushing aside the males unspoken offer of joining his pack, but he felt deep in his heart that he had made the right choice. Being in a pack simply was not his path right now, there were still too many scars from the last year and a half of tragic pack experience. Thus, he would not risk further exposure, no matter how respectable or capable Stigmata appeared. The male in question gave a jerk of his head, showing Sorin where he should travel out. The shadow nodded, before swiftly setting off, not wanting to linger any longer than necessary. Before he parted ways with the man however, Sorin turned and looked at him, the respect Sorin held for this man expressed bare for the first time. "I thank you again. For what it may be worth, you remind me of another leader I once knew, a leader I respected. I'm sure that you will have success, as he did." Having said his piece, Sorin headed off, back to his wanderings once again.

Let me know if I need to edit this at all. Thanks a lot for the threads. 
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
the male was quiet the entire length of diaspora's current claim, but as they came to part ways, he expressed his gratitude, and sentiment stigmata wasn't sure he entirely accepted. it was supposed to be a compliment, he supposed, but it only left the warhound feeling slightly bitter about the whole thing. so he only resembled a wolf of respect - how nice. he didn't respond, only watched the back of sorin as he went; his own muzzle tilted proudly, and his gaze lingering, though detached.

to others this may have felt like a waste of time and resources, but stigmata felt no such uncertainty himself. he was sending off a healthy wolf, who now knew his name, his worth, and owed him something, if they got right down to it. stigmata rather felt like he'd done himself a favor, playing the long game as he was - even if it panned out nothing, or amounted to something as little as simply having his name remembered in a glorious light.

smirking to himself, the basilisk swung back around and made way for the lake's hearth.

it was fine! we could've dragged on a little more but i appreciate short threads too ;) thank you as well <3