Felltree Marsh alone and only a sojourner in the land, without friends or the need of them
All Welcome  January 10, 2019, 03:14 PM
Illidan
Rusalka
Epsilon
using for scout! anyone is welcome :D

once he had found a way past the ravine that had divided the earth from the coast, he felt a breath of relief pass through his lips and ease the worry of his frame. once on the other side, though, he was met with a land that appeared to have been devastated by something massive – something that illidan had never endured or witnessed before in his life. he moved slowly through the snowy marsh as though he walked through the graveyard of the wilderness.

fallen trees littered the earth in a haphazard manner. their dead frames were capped in snow and had lost all of their leaves long ago. in spite of the difficulty that the disaster area was, there was a curious thing in the song of birds that filled the terrain. illidan pushed his way through a thick tangle of branches, feeling them claw at his wounded figure. on the other side, he could hear only birdsong.
All Welcome  January 14, 2019, 05:19 AM
Cadeau
Lone Wolves

Cadeau found during her travels across the wilderness her paws had begun to bleed. The cold snow nipped through the tough skin of her paw pads, leaving them frozen and raw. She did not stop to nurse her wounds nor to huddle down. Movement was one of the few things keeping her warm, the lithe brown bitch afraid if she stop for a moment the momentum she built up would be for naught. Fighting a shiver, Cadeau cast a glance over her shoulder, seeming to stare forlornly at a place only she could see. Cadeau frowned. "I'm running away but I don't even know where I'm running away to," Cadeau said to herself. Cadeau shook her head and kept moving on. Regardless I have to keep going .I don't want to risk running into any unpleasant company... or company at all. The pack animal in her longed to find a group to belong with but with her blood she doubted she could ever belong anywhere. Such was fate. 

Cadeau could pick up the scent of a wolf, her dark colored ears pulled against her head as she try finding where the smell was coming from. It was tinged in the scent of blood, leaving her to assume the stranger had either hunted something or was injured himself. Dark brown eyes looking about, she soon saw the wolf making his way across the territory. Seeing his wounds made her feel sympathetic but at the same time cautious. It meant he was a fighter and who was to say he wouldn't hurt her? Or at least feel threatened? Keeping a careful distance, she inwardly debated what to do. Don't worry about him, you need to watch your own back...
January 14, 2019, 04:38 PM
Illidan
Rusalka
Epsilon
the wind shifted and carried with it the scent of a stranger who appeared to be close by. the sojourn young thing lifted his crown upward and peered through the dismal landscape until his sights latched tightly to the figure in the distance. for a long moment, he did not move. illidan was not certain that this stranger didn't belong to the group on the cliffs. though he had not scented a trace of those brutes, he knew that he should not allow his guard to fall.

after much deliberation, the wounded ghost of a young man took a few hesitant steps toward the stranger. his head was drawn upward and his hawkish gaze peered at her for any signs of hostility. she appeared as though she was just as guarded as he was. this might have been a good sign, but not enough for him to drop his defenses. the world had not shown itself to be kind to him.

“who goes there?” the haunted thing called out to her in a ragged voice. a name would not have given him much, but he figured it was the best place to start.
January 14, 2019, 04:53 PM
Cadeau
Lone Wolves

Cadeau realized all too quickly the stranger had caught on to her presence, however she didn't budge to back away nor try to deny she was there. All she could think of was that he was hurt and as much as she was afraid of getting close to anyone, wolf or dog, she knew it wouldn't be right to leave the stranger alone if he required help. Always the provider sort from taking care of her mother after Snowy's death, Cadeau took a careful step forward, keeping her eyes averted to show she was not looking for a fight. "I'm..." Her name caught in her throat and Cadeau paused. "...nobody important," she decided to say instead, now looking at the male. "You are hurt?" Cadeau eyed his wounds with a concerned face, keeping her voice gentle and calm even if on the inside talking to this wolf was making her feel edgy. The only wolf she knew formally was her father and he was much different than the ones in this forest.
January 14, 2019, 05:34 PM
Illidan
Rusalka
Epsilon
the initial reply was something that caused his guard to flare up. surely, only someone from the cliffs would wish to conceal their identity from him. they must have known that he had received his wounds from their pack mates and thought it best not to divulge information. well, the young boy did not want to show that he was fearful of them. so, he did what he could to appear capable and drew his crown upward to stare down the length of his muzzle at the peculiar woman.

she mentioned that he was injured, and that was enough to make him more crestfallen than he had been before. the gash in his shoulder had reopened itself numerous times since their fight on the cliff, and he feared that it would never heal properly. still, he wondered if she was asking to determine whether or not he would be an easy target to finish off. “have you come to finish the job?” the ghost inquired with a curious tilt of his head.
January 14, 2019, 05:46 PM
Cadeau
Lone Wolves

Cadeau couldn't help but wrinkle her muzzle up when he asked if she was here to 'finish the job'. With clear firmness and disgust lacing her tone, she quipped, "I'm not apart of whatever barbarians did this to you, if that's what you are thinking." She remembered the dog she killed back home and felt her stomach clench. The first three words out felt personal but there was no way the stranger would know that. "I'm no killer. Look, you seem injuried, I have no intentions on hurting you. If you want me to leave, I will but I don't have the heart to let others wallow in their misery." She had a thought, perhaps not giving her name was a bad idea. So against her better judgement, she sighed. "My name's Cadeau." She tried letting a smile grace her face though it felt strangely forced, she couldn't remember the last time she smiled honestly. "What do they call you?"
Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Illidan
Rusalka
Epsilon
there was a wave of relief that washed over his lean frame when she commented about the beasts who had caused him harm. she seemed more appalled by the injuries, or those who had caused them, than she did by his accusation. it was her second comment that caught him off guard. she stated that she was not the sort to allow others to wallow in their misery. well, sister, illidan had some news for you; he was born to misery and had been floundering in it since he could walk. his whole life seemed as though it was rife with such things.

then, she introduced herself as cadeau, rescinding her previous comment that her name had not been important. she inquired about his own, and the ghost bowed his head slightly before offering her a hollow, “illidan.” it was then that he noticed just how peculiar she was from the rest of the wolves that he had spent his life around. it was almost as though she did not carry the blood of a full wolf, but something softer underneath. “what... are you?” he inquired in a softer tone, eyes searching her curiously.
Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Cadeau
Lone Wolves

Cadeau was glad to see the stranger appeared to be more at ease now, of course the surface layer of a person could only expose so much though. She tried to mask her anxiety under a guise of aloofness, keeping herself still as a statue and focused on the dark furred wolf. "Illidan, it's a nice name." Cadeau commented, feeling a compliment was a good way of breaking the ice. As his eyes seemed to try and rove about to pick at her, she subconsciously felt very small . 'What are you?' The words echoed in her head and she looked away, not wanting to say. Her heritage got her met with exile often. "A wolf," Cadeau lied. Well, it was the half truth. As in, half a wolf.