Stavanger Bay way back when
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
While on his search for Revui, Charon decided to go and find out if maybe Revui'd gone to Stavanger Bay. It didn't really make any sense that he would, but still, Charon wanted to be sure of it. And anyway, it was nice to sniff up some more nostalgia. He'd really enjoyed his time with Vela and Jarilo there, so it would be good to visit again sometime. However, as he approached by sunrise at the end of the night, just as the stars faded from the skies, Charon ran into an unpleasant surprise at its borders: it had been claimed once more.

His hackles pricked up in instinctive reaction, but soon they smoothed as he calmed and reminded himself packs'd come and departed from his home for many years now. Surely, he'd soon be able to visit again, no problem. Besides, he was still on the lookout for his son so Charon hoped that maybe this pack would know something about Revui, or had seen him here. Charon lifted his nose and called from his place at the borders for an audience with leadership or a representative. His tail hung relaxed at his hocks, his body posture neutral, though should someone approach with dominance he would yield and lower his head in submissive gesture. Hopefully someone would be in a mood to see him so he could ask about Revui there.
settling their restless wings
384 Posts
Ooc —
no leadership here .. just a tiny lil healer 

oh! oh my goodness! oh boy! oh dear! oh no!! 

dalia had been patrolling -- something that still often frightened her but that she understood was an important part of pack living. back home, no one expected portia's daughter to patrol. just to collect herbs and watch the pups. here, she felt more responsibility. responsibility to do more. and she felt like it helped her... to get over her fear of... everything and to be strong and independent. besides, she got to patrol with @Velen and/or @Saucy a lot, which was always a fun time. 

when she heard the call the blood rushed from her face, freezing her in her tracks. but, no! she would do this! she forced herself forwards, head high and tail raised to be level with her back. if someone else came she'd quickly submit to them, but to an outsider she needed to show that she was a force to be reckoned with. even if she... wasn't.

the man at the borders was a big guy. and super scarred up. dalia would be lying if she said he didn't frighten her a little bit. but that was besides the point, he looked amiable enough -- his posture, anyway. so she'd have to pretend like he didn't put her off. she shoved away any lingering thoughts of the incident. her tail waved once. "hi," she said with a flick of a dark tipped ear, "can i help you?"
trigedasleng will be in blue.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
thanks for joining! :D @Arcturus if you still want to join feel free! we could say they were travelling together if you want.

Someone approached eventually. There was something nervous about her, although as she approached Charon was not so sure if he might be imagining it; it was more of a feeling than that he noticed too many visibly clues about it. She seemed friendly enough, something he was glad for. The last thing he wanted was a fight with his home pack's new inhabitants, even though he hoped they'd go away soon.

Greetings, Charon said with a nod and he offered a charming (well, he thought it was charming, anyway) smile. I'm Charon Ostrega, Alpha of Moonspear. He gestured in Moonspear's direction as he mentioned the tall peak. I'm looking for my missing son. His name is Uyo Revui. He's a yearling, silver-furred with teal eyes. Strong and silent type. Went missing a few weeks ago. My daughter Yami, also yearling, agouti autumn-coloured pelt, is missing too, but it's been a lot longer. But these were wolves that he didn't know, so just maybe they'd heard anything of her. He waited patiently, hoping she had good news but knowing from experience that there was rarely any news at all in these cases.
384 Posts
Ooc —
moonspear. dalia marveled at how awe-filling that name was. what a beautiful place it must be... but dalia would never find out. 

her ears flicked at his introduction, and she dipped her own head. "dalia, palaemon of stormrift," she introduced with a swift dip of her head. she held no real rank here, not like ford did, not like the brothers (assumedly) did. at this thought, she felt a ripple run through her. velen

and then charon spoke of his reason for visiting, something sadder than what she would've liked to hear. it reminded her of herself, of her leave from drageda, and her lips pulled down into a frown. here brow furrowed. "i can't say i've seen either of those wolves... i'm sorry," she told him earnestly, "if either of them cross my path, i will tell them you've been searching for them, charon."
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She introduced herself as Dalia, and added a word that didn't immediately make senes to him. Palaemon. Probably some rank or other though as she soon shared the pack's name, Stormrift. He wondered how long this one would stay. Many packs had come and gone in Stavanger Bay, after all, in the many years since he and his family had abandoned it for Moonspear.

As expected she had not seen either of them, but he hoped that she might run into them and know to find him. Thank you, he said appreciatively, and he glanced over his shoulder to what could be seen of Moonspear in the distance. The largest peak over there is Moonspear, my pack. If you or any of your pack find them, I'd appreciate if you could let us know.

After a short pause he then went on to wonder: How has Stavanger Bay treated Stormrift? It is my birth home. Have you settled here since long? He guessed not since he hadn't noticed their presence before. Charon's allies had all gone from the valley a long time ago and though he wasn't necessarily looking for more -- now, he had a strong pack with many of his children to bolster their ranks -- he would like to know what sort of packs were nearby his, today.
384 Posts
Ooc —
"moonspear," repeated dalia as she looked past the freckled man. she had not heard of the name, at least, she didn't think she recognized it. either way, she would tuck the information away for later use. she dipped her head. "i can do this for you, charon," she purled, her tail waving as she looked him over again, "i will pass the word along to my pack mates." 

the next comment caught her by surprise, and her ears pricked curiously as she thought about it. was this man, then, related to ford? related to velen? her head cocked to one side. "it is treating us well," she told him, adding, "my leader was born here as well, ford, of the mayfair and cairn families... i don't suppose you're familiar?" oh, right, and then, "we've been here a few moon cycles."
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
When she offered to pass the word along to her pack Charon nodded appreciatively. The smile on his face showed his appreciation for this. He didn't expect her to find the pups, but it didn't hurt for her to be on the lookout.

She mentioned in regards to the pack that her leader was born here, too. Charon didn't think he'd heard the name before -- Mayfair was vaguely familiar, but he couldn't quite place it, Cairn was not -- but maybe from one of the packs that had settled here briefly in years past. He shook his head and explained: No. Maybe from one of the years past -- wolves have settled here for various years for short amounts of time. It must've been... He thought for a short moment. Three years, maybe four, since I've left the Bay as my home. And that made him feel a little old.