Swiftcurrent Creek and I am beholden to no gods here.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He had never been so happy and so devastated at the same time. Liri was here, her scent filling his nostrils with every inhale, still bringing it's usual comfort even when tainted by something that smelled of singed fur. He didn't want to pull back--to have to tell her how he had ruined their future by abandoning their vows. He didn't think he could feel worse than he already did, but right now as he lingered in her embrace trying to force himself to muster up the will to ruin them irrevocably, he felt more miserable than he had even on the day he had lost the plateau. With one last deep inhale, he pulled back enough to see her face, staring into her chocolate gaze for what he was sure would be the last time--at least the last time before they were filled with hate and disgust at the sight of him. He drew in a shaky breath, closing his eyes as a horrible dread caused his head to pound and his ears to ring. He wanted to explain what had happened to their home and ask where she had been, but he didn't want to prolong this. He was afraid that if he waited, he would lose his nerve and make the wrong decision yet again. Before you say anything, he started, taking a step back as guilt forced a hard swallow from his throat. There's something you should know...something I've done that is unforgivable. He opened his eyes as regret and misery filled his expression. I was in a bad place...and I made a mistake. His gaze dropped again, not wanting to see her break as he continued. I got someone else pregnant, and I've agreed to stay with her and help her raise the children, he admitted, feeling nauseous again as the words rolled from his mouth and settled on the woman he was supposed to have loved enough to wait forever for. I'm sorry, he whispered, still unable to meet her gaze as he waited for her reaction. His being sorry meant nothing, though--like with Myrren, it wouldn't change what he had done.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 10:05 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Alessia - January 28, 2019, 10:09 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 28, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by Síff - January 28, 2019, 11:48 PM
RE: and I am beholden to no gods here. - by RIP Kavik - January 29, 2019, 12:36 AM