Jade Fern Grove Blinded
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
All Welcome 
Setting: Mid Afternoon
              Takes places only several hours after this post.
Temp.: Partly Cloudy, around 5C.
Summary: Aeliana, during a fit of raging emotions, picks a fight with a couple of young coyotes.
Basically, I'm looking for someone willing to mentor and/ or become friends with this lost child.
To say Aeliana angry was an understatement, she hardly felt hungry, her emotions outweighed it all. She tossed the Pheasant aside retreated to the nearest patch of woods she could find to find something she could take it out on, she found nothing at first but soon found a coyote two, in fact, a tad smaller than the ones she had seen before, must be young and siblings. They were feast upon an old carcass of a dead doe, another victim of the cold. Disgusting scavengers.  They wanted her to fend for herself, then she’ll do just that, with a loud snarl she leaped upon them. They just barely managed to see her as she came and yelped as they created space between them. Her tail and hackles were raised, lips were curled to show her fangs as she snarled at them. 

Usually, the scavengers flee at the sight of the wolf, but if they see that they have the advantage in any way shape or form, they might just stay and fight and it was two against one. They were still weary seeing how big she was, “COME ON! FIGHT ME, YOU FILTHY SACKS OF FUR!” She roared out. She can fend for herself and she will, she'll do it right now!

Both were hesitant … at first, but one soon grew bold and stood up in a challenging stance, most likely upset that she cut in on their feast and the other soon followed as they began to press in on her. 

Her eyes narrowed, “Bring it…” And after a moment of silence, snarls and yelps could be heard within the Grove.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She'd steered far clear of the Emberwood, afraid that the hunchback lurked nearby. The lake had been so peaceful, though, and she wondered whether she'd see Gannet again. She liked his quiet, calm presence, and wanted to learn more about herbs at a more appropriate time of day. Alas, though. He wasn't there.

Lily was about to turn for home again when screeching in the grove nearby caught her attention. Moved by curiosity, and a maternal kind of fear she could not yet name, she broke into a slow trot--becoming more like a waddle day by day--heading as quickly as was comfortable toward the noise. She didn't make out many words in the scuffle, just the sound of blows and hollers.

The blackbird crept through the brush, afraid to burst in at the wrong time. She was naught but a pair of blinking orange eyes in the ferns, searching for the fuss. Wait--there!

The dark burly girl did battle with a pair of rangy coyotes, all of them snarling and bristling. Lily ducked even lower, still watching. She didn't want to pick a fight--not ever, but especially not now. She would wait until this blew over. . .or until she felt compelled to intervene on the wolf's behalf.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Both parties were unaware of the she-wolf watching. The fight was a bit one-sided, though Aeliana bigger and stronger than the two young coyotes. The coyotes were quick, more nimble than her. She would lunge at one of them but they would slip out of the way, like a  before she could get her jaws around them. But the to the coyotes surprised she wasn’t as slow as they thought she would be. They tried to be crafty and quick to move around and ger at her ankles, one would go for her throat, but she dodges the bite and counters with her own and she whirls around, barking fiercely, snapping her jaws at the one that tried to bite onto her ankle. 

It wasn’t long before it became a stand-off, the coyotes circled around her like prey, as she stood her ground, watching them, breathes escape her in hot puffs, exhaustion crept up on her. The nasty little things. They know they can’t muscle her so they’re playing smart, they’re whitling her down. Their bites didn't manage to break the skin as far as she felt right now, but their fangs were sharp and they hurt. It didn’t help that she was hungry, it was starting to set in now. 

Damn it all.

Greyback’s words echoed in her head, she was sure when he meant by ‘fend for yourself’, he didn’t mean pick fights with coyotes. But right now, Aeliana didn’t care…

She was hungry, she was angry and she needed some fighting experience, if she was going to fend for herself, she needs to know how to fight, so it was a win-win. One of the coyotes lunged at her when she was lost in thought, and it was the pain of fangs digging into her side, bringing her back into reality. Her eyes snapped open, her body twists around with a roar, jaws wide. The coyote was bit slow, too busy digging into her and this allowed her to finally get her jaws around its neck. With ease, she pinned it to the ground with her weight, it yelped and squirmed underneath her, kicking at her chest and neck with its hind legs. At the mercy of her powerful jaws, she shook her head side to side, taking out her anger on the coyote. She wasn’t going to kill it, but she will leave a mark on the foolish youngling as she began to taste blood on her tongue. 

After a moment, she lets go and backs off, the coyote wasted no time, scrambling to its feet and running with tail tucked and ears flat. Its companion watched as it ran before looking to her, she snarled with bloody teeth and raised tail, “You want to try your luck as well…?

The young coyote quickly made its decision and ran, following after its companion, she kept her guard till she knew she saw both of them disappear into foliage and she couldn't hear them before letting out a sigh, her anger was let out all that was left was that helpless feeling. She turned to the carcass, from the looks it, it was picked at by not just the coyotes, but by ravens as well. Didn't matter it still had a good bit of meat on it and she was hungry. Aeliana then approached and began to take bites out of it.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The girl didn't want for bravery, that was for sure. She fended off the first coyote, and then turned her teeth on the second, her words strong and fierce. Lily knew she couldn't do a better job if she tried. The stranger moved to the kill and began to eat, and Lily made her entrance, slow and steady, giving the wolf a gentle chuff with her body language calm and low.

I'm not here to take your food, she assured the other, sweeping a wide semi-circle around the girl and her carcass. Just stumbled upon you whilst you fought the coyotes. Tremendous work, really. Her tone was sincere; she settled back on her haunches and sat awkwardly nearby, wanting so much to talk to the other wolf but not wanting to disturb her.

Also, she was starving per usual, so the smell of meat even thoroughly picked over was appealing. Her stomach rumbled, and her eyes swept the ground, sheepish.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Her ears perked up as she raised her and pulled away from her meal, turning around at the sound of the chuff to see the black she-wolf, her tail raised up slightly, but overall kept calm as it seems the female did not want to fight and neither did she, at the moment.

Her brows rose in surprise when the she-wolf complimented her on the fight, “Oh, you saw that…? It was nothing. It was two young coyotes, not full adults. If it was a Wolf with any real fighting experience even if it was only a one on one. I would have had my tail handed to me. The only type of ‘fighting’ experience I had to go on was the few times I play-fight with my siblings back when I was a pup…” She soon noticed how timid the she-wolf was acting before raising an eyebrow then she looked back at the carcass then back to the wolf, "Is … something wrong? Are you hungry?" She asked though she was a bit possessive when it came to food especially when its something she caught but she wasn't afraid to share with someone who was hungry, she wasn't greedy.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily brushed off the woman's excuses for herself, not caring in the least what kind of enemy it had been--it was impressive to the blackbird that she had done so at all. It wasn't that her standards were low (okay, maybe in terms of fighting, they were) but she thought that all successes should be celebrated. Nothing was too small to smile about.

At the question, she chuckled aloud. I'm always hungry, she answered, gesturing wryly at her belly. I'm eating for god knows how many, now. But I've plenty at home; you take your fill. She thought the carcass looked too sad to even pick at, but then again, her lot in life had allowed her to be choosy as of late. Not so with the stranger, perhaps.

Do you live nearby? Lily asked. I've not seen your face around before. You can tell me to bugger off anytime, if you want, she added, knowing how cranky she could get when hungry but distracted from a meal.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aeliana shook her head at the question letting out a sigh, “... No, I don’t have a home and I’m not from around here. I’m a Loner...” She replied before looked over to the carcass, “... if it wasn’t obvious. A pack wolf doesn’t have to scavenge like this... At least as far as I know...”Aeliana felt disgusted with herself.

She was told at a young age that Loners, Outlanders, her Pack called them, was scum, a bunch of ‘riffraffs’ her Aunt would call them, just a step above coyotes by only a thread-sized margin, they have no pack, no rules, no family, no place to call home, and no way to properly hunt. They were alone and had to rely on scavenging most of the time on already picked off food instead of a fresh kill like she was doing… but, she did this to live and survive, like every other Lone wolf, that’s the one thing her Mother never told her.

She looked to the ebony she-wolf, “You have a Pack?” Aeliana sniffs in her direction, picking up on her scent mingled with several others, “You smell like a Pack Wolf…

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She gave a small shrug in response to the first bit. One never did know how a pack fared. Elysium was lucky enough to be strong with caches well-stocked, but luck could turn in an instant. She didn't look down on anyone trying to survive, no matter where they came from.

Yes, I'm from Elysium, in the willows near the mountains, the Satori responded. My name is Lily. Do you you need a place to stay? she inquired gently. She always was careful not to stray too deep into sympathy territory. It put others off, especially the proud. We can provide you food and shelter for as long as you need, only asking that you help hunt and provide in return.

Lily lifted her chin in query, waiting for the woman's response.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Her eyes widened at the offer, “That would be…!” Aeliana paused for a moment, stopping herself. She shouldn’t just jump in so eagerly like that. She took a quiet deep breath, and calmed herself mentally and gives a smile, “That would be nice. What’s your pack about? If you don’t mind me asking...

It was then she realized that had yet to introduce herself, “ Oh. My name is Aeliana. Aeliana Bjorn.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily didn't mind the eagerness; she would be much the same, if the roles were reversed. She gave a gracious smile as the girl tempered her enthusiasm, though, and flicked an ear at the question. We're a sanctuary, she explained. We take in those in need of a home, for however long they need it. We only ask that those who stay with us provide to the pack in some way.

Altogether, it was a very serene idea of a pack. Lily knew that others preferred more violent, volatile lifestyles, but for her, this was perfect. Her children would grow up surrounded by love, rather than fear.

Aeliana. That's a very pretty name, she purred, wagging her tail. Do you want to come stay with us at Elysium? We would be happy to have you. She turned her head, nodding in the direction of her territory. Our borders are open to anyone who wishes to keep the peace, so you can stop in any time you're ready. Just give me a howl and I'll meet you.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
She could do that. She can do that. She may not be a good hunter but she can patrol borders and while doing that she could practice on her hunting. Once she felt confident that she can both hunt and defend for herself, she’ll leave out and… possibly join a pack? Or maybe...start her own Pack... That sounds like a plan.

The thought of running a pack of her own was always a dream, her Father was the Alpha of her Family pack and he always said they had his blood - the blood of an Alpha - in them and that they were destined to rule and run a pack of their own. He said an Alpha rules with a kind heart but a firm paw, she didn’t know if she was ready for that kind of responsibility if she had a mate ...maybe? But right now, she didn’t mind being at a lower rank, for now.

At the she-wolf’s offer, she nodded, “Yes, I would love to have a roof over my head and food in my belly. ” She said with a smile, "I don’t have any place to go…" There was no way she would try and walk all the way back to the Hinterlands, at least not now. She was too hungry and too tired.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Lily nodded. I understand, she murmured. That's what we're here for--to take in those with no place to go. Were she more familiar with the woman, she'd give her a gentle caress; as it was, she settled for a kind look instead. You don't have to make your mind up right away. Just come whenever you're ready.

It was a big decision to make. She sometimes wondered what would have happened if she hadn't been so hasty in falling in with Alarian and his crew. Where would she be? What kind of wolf would she have grown into? Her life might look quite different if she hadn't stopped to talk to the young man in a tree.

But if you're ready now, then you can follow me home? she offered, not pressing at all, merely staring at Aeliana with a smile.
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
Aeliana nodded, sure of herself, “I’m ready. There are certain skills I want to obtain that I can’t by just scraping with coyotes or scavenging off of already dead prey.” She said as she looked back at the elk carcass. Maybe she shouldn’t have thrown away that Pheasant, she had a craving for some fresh meat right now. 

Lead the way to your Home, Lily. I’ll be right behind you.” She said with a smile, happy that she found some kind of pack to be in even if it is temporary.

719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Perfect, Lily said, beaming. Let's go. The journey thus settled, she finally allowed herself to give Aeliana a companionable nudge to the shoulder with her own before sauntering slowly off, her belly swinging--if only slightly!--jollily with each step. She understood quite well the desire to obtain any skill you could in this world, and it was a great deal easier to do it among friends.