Silver Creek Friends come and go but for once i wish they'd stay
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
Any Rosings wolves but perhaps any of these three? @Addison @Harrison @Grayson

How had it taken this long? She had been wandering the creek when it suddenly struck her that Calloon's scent had faded away into nothing. The knowledge of his absence struck her harder than it should have since really, she hadn't known him too well but she had saved him and named him and he was cute and nice to her and really she had liked his presence more than anyone else's. She hadn't felt awkward or like she was walking on thorns around him. She was just herself and he had liked her for that and it had made her so so happy.

When the knowledge sank in she found a bush to curl up in where she lay, crying as quietly as she could. Every time she found someone she enjoyed being around the vanished. First Dash, then she had ruined whatever peace she had with Grayson and now Grey had vanished. A particularly loud whimper escaped and she buried her nose under her paws, ears flattened back against her head.
78 Posts
Ooc —
the snake had made his way along the edges of their intended claim with hopes of marking the borders that they had established. he'd filled up to make sure that the task was possible, but every damn time he lifted his leg to piss... well, he thought his dick was going to fall off. it was too cold and miserable for him to be of much use. harrison only wanted to crawl into the safe warmth of the den that he had created near the woods. as though it called to him, he lifted his head and turned toward it with a longing expression.

this was where he caught sight of a familiar figure not far away from where he stood. his brow furrowed over his pale gaze as he debated approaching her. when his curiosity won, harrison moved toward lilah at a leisurely trot. his tail swaying casually between his hocks. once he had closed some of the distance between them, the charmer released a soft bark to announce his presence. he was far too caught up in his own world to realize that lilah was hurting... and attempting to hide her feelings from prying eyes.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She had spotted Harrison before he spotted her. Her reaction was to slowly try to back into the bush more so she would hopefully blend in. Unfortunately she saw him spot her and after a few moments begin toward her. She immediately dropped her paws and her gaze to the ground below her and sighed. He said nothing but just greeted her to which she responded by giving a single thump of her tail against the cold dirt. "Hey Harrison" she said gently, attempting what ended up becoming a watery and pathetic smile as her voice wavered a bit "Do you need anything?" she asked as it was always a good idea to see if they needed something. There wasn't anything that she could really assist with that wouldn't be considered indecent. A woman was supposed to help her husband with the more gentle things, help them relax and of course look pretty at their side. The offer was mainly because she hoped it would distract from the slumpy posture and watery eyes she had going on.
78 Posts
Ooc —
the closer he got, the more he realized just how out of sorts the girl was. part of him regretted drawing up beside her. he thought that he might not have been the best to deal with the emotional turmoil of women; he could barely deal with his own manic thoughts. harrison knew that he'd gone too far to turn back, though, and so he continued forward until she muttered a soft greeting and asked if there was anything she could do for him. his pale gaze searched her features with a studying expression, wondering how he was supposed to respond to such things.

“i'd really like to see if there are hot springs somewhere in this cold ass stretch of land,” he remarked after several long seconds of thought. finally, he pulled his gaze away from her and set it on the distant terrain that seemed to go on for miles and miles. “i'm sick of this chill,” harrison then added with a soft huff and a surly expression. only then did he return his gaze to her face, and he hoped that her tears had cleared before he did.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Harrison may not have known how to deal with the emotions of normal women but Lilah was not normal. Seeing how little he noticed had actually managed to get her to pull herself together, desperate to keep it that way. Her posture straightened until she lying poised to gaze up patiently at him, waiting for an answer eyes still glum and watery but growing dryer by the second. When he spoke and said what he desired she fastened onto it, eyes brightening. As soon as his gaze turned away she rubbed her face on her legs wiping her eyes clear and then sat up "I may be of help" she blurted out and then blanched. 

It sounded so good for many different reasons. Finding a hot spring with Harrison would get her away from the creek for a while, She would be able to satisfy her desire for new sights and..

What woman wouldn't jump at the chance to take a soak with Harrison Odolf? 

But now she had spoken without thought and said she could help. How would she be of use? What did she know about finding hot springs? Her eyes scanned the terrain and latched onto a patch of still growing herbs. Herbs. Plants. Plants liked heat. Just as Harrison turned around she had a smile on her face and an answer prepared "There will be more plants growing as we grow closer. The springs would cause steam which would warm-" she cut herself off and then ducked her head, looking embarrassed "Sorry, I almost went on a ramble" she said feeling her cheeks heat up.
78 Posts
Ooc —
the girl mentioned that she might have been able to help. at this, harrison furrowed his brow curiously and wondered what it was exactly that would lead her to know where there might be hot springs in the wilds. he wondered just how far she might have trekked out on her own, and then realized that she might have done so without the protection of a man from rosings. tsk tsk tsk, lilah... such things were not to be done by women. still, he wasn't going to turn her down if she had really located a good place to chase away the nasty chill that had settled into the very marrow of his bones.

when she went on further to say that plants would grow closer to the hot springs, he canted his head to the side and cast a thoughtful frown at the girl. “well, how close would they be? how far away from the springs are we gonna have to get before we see plants growing?” he asked her, knowing nothing about plant life or how that ecosystem seemed to work. the more that they chatted, the more he had started to realize that they would both be searching – she hadn't found them already – and there was a chance that there was nothing to find. still, if there was... god would it be worth it.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah thought about it for a moment and her ears flicked hesitantly "The plants would only be different where it was very steamy and I'd say it would be rather close. Hmm....springs normally come from underground pockets of water from nearby sources...so if we follow the creek or find a bigger source, looking around there would be our best bet" she had absolutely no definite idea whether or not they would actually find any, but she used what limited knowledge of water and earth and her knowledge of plants to make an educated guess. She figured it wouldn't make any sense to Harrisson but hey, maybe she would get lucky and actually be right for once. Then maybe he would thank for and her day would become more pleasant.

So reading the areas around here, Nimbus Summit has like...Steam pockets and Verdant basin is right there so maybe logically there could be some past King Elk and inbetween the two territories. Long stretch but i made it up using what i had lol
78 Posts
Ooc —
sweet!

lilah went on to explain the details of why they would find plants in specific places and… blah, blah, blah. he was tired of listening about green shit. he turned his attention away from her for a moment and breathed in a sharp and cold breath of air. when he exhaled, he fixed her with a pair of twinkling eyes and offered her his most harrison of crooked smirks. he was trying to woe her into hushing for a moment and just following him out of the frigid wasteland that they hoped to make their home.

“come on then, toots,” he offered to her with a swing of his muzzle in the direction he decided. it was fortunate enough that they would be following the trail left by the creek for a short ways. he had listened when she said that they’d have better luck with water. at the very least, he got some of the important bits.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
His use of good looks worked, her mouth closing slowly as her eyes widened and her fur heated around her face. Surprisingly though she looked away and ducked her head, standing up and following him without a word. If he noticed something off he would be right, she was once again thinking about Calloon and not the oh so handsome Odolf beside her. She wondered if she failed the mute grey male, if he had gone off to end his silent suffering. The thought cracked her and she couldn't help the choked sound that came from her maw, a cry half cut off as she at least attempted to contain herself. 

Luckily for Harrison Lilah tried to play it off by coughing and turning her face away until the moisture in her eyes faded again. "Sorry...I guess you're not the only one who is getting sick of the cold" she made a weak attempt at joking with him while her eyes fastened onto the flora surrounding the water. Nothing just yet that she could see but she wasnt ready to quit on it.
78 Posts
Ooc —
yeah, he definitely didn't miss the strangled little mewl that had escaped her mouth. in fact, when the noise had been made, he stiffened considerably and turned around to latch his sights on her face. the expression on his features did not change at all; harrison remained perfectly affable in everything. he could not afford to allow his guard to fall.

the excuse that she was sick of the cold was a lame one, and he wasn't fooled by it. after all, she was talking to the man who had appointed himself king of the facade. he knew well enough what it was like to conceal how he truly felt. he'd gotten quite good at it. lilah needed some work in that area before she would be able to pass. “what's going on? you were pretty distraught when i ran into you,” harrison asked her directly. his brow was furrowed and his tone was serious for the moment.
141 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lilah sighed softly and closed her eyes, internally yelling at herself for being so easy to read and so bad at hiding things. She reopened violet orbs and turned them to Harrison, allowing the fear and sadness to swim freely in their depths "Grey...that's what I named him. Cuz of his fur. The silent man that Grayson allowed to stay. I found him laying in the freezing cold before a storm, looking like be was going to go to sleep and pass away during the storm. I rescued him, brought him back here and didn't let him give up. I did my job as a woman and as a friend. Yet he vanished after I apologized for what happened during my heat, he looked so guilty and sad again and...I'm scared he went away to end his life" and there it was. She unloaded it onto Harrison's shoulders, except it wasn't the whole thing, she left out the part about how it had happened with Dash too. Every time there was chemistry and she truly enjoyed someones presence they left. 

As they walked some changes in the plants caught her eye. They turned toward something in the distance and she lifted her muzzle,sniffing and testing the moisture which grew with every step. "There's Definitely something warm ahead" she said.