Arrow Lake fester
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Joining 
ooc; let Daisy give you a better recruit

if she was one to believe in such things, she would call it 'fate'.

though she learned long ago there was no such thing. it was a childish notion. it best focus on the actualities. like right now. the skull-clad woman stood amongst the entrance, a soft hm on her lips. half-lids viewed the border, knowing it was not here last time she had tread in these lands. perhaps this was an excellent place to start, then. lanky limbs carried her further though she had a mind to cease moment right before the invisible line.

pale eyes stared within, to the depths of the territory. rich in herbs, minerals... yes, it would do nicely. about as 'nice' as anything mediocre was, that is. the woman reclined upon the earth, closing her eyes and refusing to move. she did not call, did not shout above the silence, for she knew. if this community was a decent one, patrols would have to come through. eventually. she knew her mistake last time, how terribly dreary and boring it had been, without a community to tether herself to.

try, try again. wasn't that the saying?
2/5 1/5
focus on medicine, healing, toxins, etc
huntington is a v condescending character so do not be offended by her
ic does not reflect my own personal feelings toward you ooc
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
A patrol came by indeed. A single member patrol consisting of a fire eyed woman with an endless amount of energy that day. As soon as she caught the scent she marched forward, determined to meet yet another potential joiner at the borders. Perhaps if Stigmata and Mahler saw how she was on top of these things, they would think her worthy of more than just helping provide for the pack. She came upon the woman quickly and studied her, face a mask of nuetral opinion though she had to admit her opinion was low already as the woman had not called for an audience. Then again, Kazimir mused that she had come by quick enough and figured perhaps the woman had smelled her and had wanted to save her breath. "Are you looking to join Diaspora?" she asked, skipping formalities and heading straight to business. Just in case she also called for @Mahler and @Stigmata figuring their presence nescessary.
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
another would arrive, and the skull-clad woman's expression was still deadpan. void of any joy or excitement a normal person might have at the prospect of an audience. the other was larger than her, and if they had a mind they could easily chase her off. "it depends" she would reply, her voice also void and quiet. Diaspora... how interesting of a choice. dispersion of people beyond their homeland, wasn't the term's meaning? she knew it was. her mind never failed her before.

religious and cultural aspects aside, Diaspora seemed... acceptable, enough. she was indeed far from her original homeland. though that was best pushed to the past where it belonged. what can this community do for me was what she had half a mind to say. she saw the sense it was perhaps not a decent thing though. always unassuming, she was, until opportunities arrived. "I would first ask what your community is about" Huntington moved on "and what skills you boast."
2/5 1/5
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
The woman asked reasonable questions and Kazimir was admittedly hesitant to answer. The first thing that came to mind was to mention that they laid claim to the entirety of Sunspire. "We are a close knit group. Everyone knows everyone else. We are very keen on loyalty. The biggest thing to mention is that we claim the entire mountains. The other pack here is our Ally. As for skills, we have healers, hunters, mercenaries. There are many opportunities for scouting. Our leaders Stigmata and Mahler can tell you more in depth than I" she spoke evenly, trying not to brag too much about their claim and members and just stick to fact. She swept her eyes around the expanse behind her, searching for any sign of the two men.
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
hm. a close-knit group leads to more opportunity. she could slink in close and learn weakness easily. playing nice was how she had done things the last time she entered the Teekons. no one knew her darkness. Natjuk had come close, though she had no inkling of where that man was now. a shame. she would have enjoyed seeing an old face. Huntington would not even blink at the woman's answers, however.

"I see" she gave, soaking up the fact that this woman was of a lower rank and unfit to accept her. a grunt doing work fit for a grunt. therefore, it was not ideal to speak of herself to this one. her eyes left the other's face, scanning for the men that the other mentioned. with any luck - or fate - they would come and give an audience. until then, the skull-clad woman fell silent. she would only speak if spoken to next.
2/5 1/5
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Kazimir's facial expression did not change, she held her firey gaze upon the other woman's steadily. Even when the female said two words that spoke volumes of insolence she simply stared. Even when the woman slowly began to ignore her presence and stare off expectantly, dismissing her did she stare. 

What changed was her posture, a simple shift that caused her to rise, muscles flexed. "Diaspora is also a place of respect. While everyone is keen to rise, we are still brothers." The meaning was clear, she saw right through the act because she knew it, she could play it too.
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
at the sounding of his name in the midst of kazimir's familiar bay, stigmata's voice rose steeply in response; heralding his imminent arrival. the wolf made long strides and short work of the distance to the borders, but when he arrived he noticed that the newly ranked tessarius had only a single guest to handle, which made him wonder why he had been called.  

the general made himself visible, though deliberately made no direct approach. he had come to stand just within earshot, eyeing the pair of them mutely and swishing his tail like an agitated cat, but rather than looking like the boss around here, he looked more like kazimir's summoned guard. a stunning body of dread and smoke that seemed only to be an extension of the wolf already before the stranger.

sliding from her bleached mask to her pitch tail, stigmata's dull silver eyes cut over the gradient creature with cold assessment; noting that apart from her lifeless expression, nothing seemed exactly wrong with the she-wolf... except, he had heard only kazimir's last words, and he didn't need to know why his comrade breached the subject of respect, only that this was one of the only places on earth she was certainly owed it.

making no presumptions about what kazimir wanted to happen here, the tungsten warwolf remained quiet; only there to provide back-up should his packmate needed it. and if they were to meet eyes, he would give her a questioning tip of his muzzle, as if to ask: is this one for us?
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
not even a brow was raised. inside, the mind worked. the mind chuckled darkly. what a foolish girl. relying too heavily on her muscle instead of her brain. if she had the intention of insulting her, she would have done so. "oh?" she would muse, leaning forward with her deadpan eyes slightly bulging. making her appear like a bug if anything. "tell me how I disrespect you, then. I have not crossed your border..." her gaze shifted to the scent line.

"and you were the one to call for your leaders. I am merely waiting out of respect, so you do not have to gift them a long explanation" for they had better things to do than sit about, speaking to strangers surely? "mayhap Diaspora is not for me, then" Huntington added, still with her neutral quietness "if you so readily display aggression against one who merely questions you." she made to leave then, choosing to end this if there was nothing else. gathering her slim figure up, the woman's eyes strayed to the dark silhoulette nearby.

a brief nod was given to the man - perhaps of the ones the first had called - before she swung her body around.
ooc; she'll leave next post if aggression is given further =3
2/5 1/5
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She smelled Stigmata before she saw him and she met his gaze realising he was letting her handle this. She tilted her head slightly, undecided when the female began to speak. She slowly turned her attention back to the woman who spoke so self assuredly. Her brow quirked slightly and she regarded the other coolly. She let her finish and stand to leave before she spoke calmly "the way you dismissed me like you are above me. Instead of giving your skills in return and furthering the process you simply acknowledged me and then turned away as if my presence is low and you are waiting for the true leader. That is where you went wrong" she paused and swallowed, feeling a bit of apprehension. No....this is what was needed, she knew she was right here. This woman would have been great except for how she acted in authority before even being accepted. It was disrespectful and insolent. "This is my territory over yours. I was the only one present, that means I was in charge. I called for my leaders because I was unsure if it was my place and out of respect i asked his presence. I am your leader in this situation, even before he came" and then she smiled because she couldn't help herself "And you are already halfway into leaving before I could say my piece, if you are so ready to throw away your chance here then you don't need us and We do not need you right now" she finished this and motioned for her to leave. If she did she would turn to Stigmata and offer to explain further in private and receive punishment if need be.
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; casually skipping Stig so I can leave =D

"I am sorry" no, she was not "I did not expect I had to kiss your ass in order to gain membership. you are merely a lowly totem, woman, on your pack's scale. you expect me to come to your doorstep, tell me you have no means to accept me into your ranks without holding the hand of your betters. proceed to tell me, a free woman, you are my better. I have no leader, and I would frankly never follow the likes of you. you do not own me, nor have you ever walked with me enough to speak such a thing." all this was said in her still quiet tone, albeit a bit of a fast pace compared to her slow one before.

Huntington's lips curled into a rare, cruel smirk. "I am not so cruel to get 'vengeance' for the price of one idiot. so you need not to worry about my return. remember my face next time a stranger comes to your doorstep seeking sanctuary" she largely addressed this to the man, though her eyes never left the face of the woman's. she gave a mirthless chuckle before her steps turned fully away, leaving the area and this utter fool behind. she had better things to do with her time then get into a verbal snap over absolutely nothing. perhaps they did not need a healer after all.
2/5 1/5
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
stigmata watched dully as kazimir, bolstered by the shadow of her general, became intolerant of their indifferent solicitor and sent her trotting off without further provocation. because the retreating wolf had spoken so quietly, stigmata had missed much of her retort to his packmate, but the exchange between them had been clear enough. coming to stand bristling and stiff-legged at kazimir's side, he watched pitilessly as the stranger disappeared from sight, before allowing himself a slow deflation.

"you made the right choice," he praised softly, bobbing his head to her. "any vagabond lingering at our borders without calling for an audience, or showing deference to each of us, does not belong here. and you should never feel the need to explain yourself. this is your home, as much as it is mine, and we will not suffer anyone we can do without." they were, after all, naturally superior to the lone wolf, and he felt no regret to see such prideful impudence go.

the wolf sighed, satisfied that they were completely alone then, and he nudged the russian hybrid's shoulder in a gesture to join him on a continued patrol. "did you exchange much else before i arrived?" he asked as they began to walk.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She was honestly relieved when he came to support her and she breathed out a sigh, eyes gleaming. She had been lost before but now, now she was fully involved. This was her home and she would do what it took to make it stay so. When he asked of the interaction before his arrival she cleared her throat embarrassed "She asked me to tell of the pack and it's skills. So I did, she knows our skills, name and you and Mahler's name" the more she spoke the more she realised what a mistake that had been and it ended in a whisper, a horrified expression on her face.
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
his brows lifted as kazimir began to recount all that she had told the loiterer, but as her voice fell away and her expression grew to express her mortification, he knew he didn't need to tell her what had been done wrong. stigmata was confident that the next time his comrade encountered a stranger, she would reveal as little about diaspora as she could before gleaning if a guest was worthy of such information or not. feeling no urge to correct her aloud, he only provided her with reassuring brush of his black-iron pelt against hers.

"you will be wiser with our next visitor, my lady. i am not worried," he told her plainly. "now, let us hunt. i can think of no better remedy to mild annoyances than tearing a bit of flesh." nudging her encouragingly, he aimed to lead his companion away from the borders and away from past mistakes, looking for a distraction in the many scents of prey littering their path.

last post from me! sorry about the wait, but feel free to post once more or just archive as you please <3