Blackfeather Woods awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock
319 Posts
Ooc —
He watched as Maegi's face took on a harder aspect, and knew she would argue his point. He simply wasn't expecting just how far she would argue it. Quietly, Ramsay's eyes widened slightly, brows reaching skyward, as she made her argument. He would concede that she had a point that subordinates didn't really have a right to punish leaders, but he disagreed on literally every other point.

If someone finds fault in what I do, I should hope they let me know so I can correct it and take responsibility for it, Ramsay responded calmly, as should you. You sound like Vaati right now. Being a leader does not mean we can do no wrong and it does not mean we shouldn't be called on it when we do. We want to be better, don't we? He thought, privately, that that was the trouble with Blackfeather Woods all along. The previous Dark Masters had assumed absolute control of the pack by means of the brotherhood, and perhaps had gone unchallenged one too many times. It bred arrogance, and he didn't like to see it manifest in his sibling.

Of course, they were all Melonii. That arrogance was bred in them, too. It came out in quieter ways in Ramsay, but he possessed it, too. He could hardly criticize. What do you propose? he wondered, referring to Titmouse's punishment. He had spoken his piece; he believed Abraxas, who had more of an affinity for the birds in the woods than any of them did, had every right to voice his opinion on what should happen. Ramsay himself didn't think the birds worth much and had no authority to weigh their life against Titmouse's, and Maegi, well. Maegi would prove her ability to make unbiased judgment calls here and now.
Messages In This Thread
RE: awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock - by Ramsay - April 25, 2019, 11:48 PM